+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa mid-June 2022

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, my sister and her family applied on June 10 for the visitor visas and also still waiting. I just checked the processing times and it has been updated to 414 days!! for Colombia. That is outrageous. I checked and only Ecuador has worst times. Has anyone received any update lately? I submitted a request with the web form like a month ago but just received the generic response. So frustrating!
Processing for all countries is many months. There is a backlog as IRCC hundreds of thousands applications for TRVs and this does not include study and work permits. All your family can do is wait.

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Yeah, it's still too soon to start worrying. You can raise a webform, but they can just respond with a generic message like "Your application is still being processed". Right now the trend is: only Super Visa and some other normal applications expedited as CAN+ are getting responses. I don't think CAN+ is a thing in America. So yeah, all you can do is wait.
Hi lucasinho, not sure they’re giving priority to Super Visa. My dad applied to renew his Super Visa since the end of April 2022 and no answer yet. We even sent an email requesting an update and no answers so far. Keep in mind, my dad already had been to Canada in multiple times and staying max 1 month at the time. So having a good travel record isn’t helping either. So I guess we’re all on the same boat of waiting.

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
Hi lucasinho, not sure they’re giving priority to Super Visa. My dad applied to renew his Super Visa since the end of April 2022 and no answer yet. We even sent an email requesting an update and no answers so far. Keep in mind, my dad already had been to Canada in multiple times and staying max 1 month at the time. So having a good travel record isn’t helping either. So I guess we’re all on the same boat of waiting.
Is your dad applying from the Americas? VO there are extremely slow even for transit visa.

Last edited:

promontorium

Sep 9, 2022
Same here, no updates so far. Both applications still show "We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.".

Sara Arcila

Sep 9, 2022
Hello. Same here, my sister also applied from Colombia in June. Checked processing times yesterday and it's now more than 490, wow!!

Olive L

Oct 31, 2022
Hello. Same here, my sister also applied from Colombia in June. Checked processing times yesterday and it's now more than 490, wow!!
I just checked and now it's 551 days!!! That is crazy. Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela have the worst processing times for the world! So sad.

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hey Everyone! Good to see a thread here that i can relate to. We applied for my wife's parents from Cali... and after biometrics it's been a long pause. Applied a few months back. hopefully once i get some sort of update, i can let you guys know... 516 days is crazy!

weibo

Nov 23, 2022
Submit : June 20, 2022
Biometrics : June 24, 2022

Office : Singapore
Review of eligibility :
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Background check : We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
I don't know when will update. It is so looooooong time to wait.

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone, just wanted to give you an update. My in-laws have just received their passport request today.
We applied Sept 13th.