+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa mid-June 2022

promontorium

Sep 9, 2022
Hi, good morning.

My brother and sister-in-law had applied for a Visitor Visa on June 20 —from Argentina and Colombia respectively— but haven't received an update yet.

The processing time tool shows 73 days for Argentina and 77 days for Colombia, meaning that they should have received news by now. I understand that the date represents 80% of the applications, but I find it weird that both would be in the 20%, considering they are from different countries, and with different backgrounds.

Is someone else having this issue? Should I try to contact them (if possible at all), or should I just wait.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, good morning.

My brother and sister-in-law had applied for a Visitor Visa on June 20 —from Argentina and Colombia respectively— but haven't received an update yet.

The processing time tool shows 73 days for Argentina and 77 days for Colombia, meaning that they should have received news by now. I understand that the date represents 80% of the applications, but I find it weird that both would be in the 20%, considering they are from different countries, and with different backgrounds.

Is someone else having this issue? Should I try to contact them (if possible at all), or should I just wait.

Thanks
Wait a few weeks.. So they are living in different countries, and submitted separate applications? What is the status of their applications - eligibility review started, medical, biometrics.

Sara Arcila

Sep 9, 2022
Hi, my sister applied from Colombia in June. Still waiting. I know more people that applied in May and no answers so far.

promontorium

Sep 9, 2022
Wait a few weeks.. So they are living in different countries, and submitted separate applications? What is the status of their applications - eligibility review started, medical, biometrics.
Yes, separate applications. Current status in both applications is "Submitted". Both completed the biometrics on June 21.

promontorium

Sep 9, 2022
So no mention that eligibility review has started? If not, then the application has not been reviewed. Do they need medicals?
"Review of eligibility" shows "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility", and "Review of medical results" shows "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.".

Is it normal for this to take more than the time shown in the "Processing time" tool?

Thanks a lot for your help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
"Review of eligibility" shows "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility", and "Review of medical results" shows "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.".

Is it normal for this to take more than the time shown in the "Processing time" tool?

Thanks a lot for your help
The processing tool is just a benchmark but some can take months after the suggested times. It doesn’t mean a refusal. IRCC is backlogged so all applications are taking longer than expected. Eligibility review has not started.

promontorium

Sep 9, 2022
The application is still stuck in "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.", while I see that others in this forum that applied for the visa after my brother and sister-in-law from countries with a longer processing time have already received the result. No updates at all, and no way to contact them (that I'm aware of).

What's the recommendation in these cases?

Thanks

Last edited:

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
The application is still stuck in "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.", while I see that others in this forum that applied for the visa after my brother and sister-in-law from countries with a longer processing time have already received the result. No updates at all, and no way to contact them (that I'm aware of).

What's the recommendation in these cases?

Thanks
Yeah, it's still too soon to start worrying. You can raise a webform, but they can just respond with a generic message like "Your application is still being processed". Right now the trend is: only Super Visa and some other normal applications expedited as CAN+ are getting responses. I don't think CAN+ is a thing in America. So yeah, all you can do is wait.

promontorium

Sep 9, 2022
Nothing, still stuck in "We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.". What's the status of your sister's application?

Olive L

Oct 31, 2022
Hi, my sister and her family applied on June 10 for the visitor visas and also still waiting. I just checked the processing times and it has been updated to 414 days!! for Colombia. That is outrageous. I checked and only Ecuador has worst times. Has anyone received any update lately? I submitted a request with the web form like a month ago but just received the generic response. So frustrating!