+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa may 2022

BKA1

Nov 19, 2022
he is in his 30s and single.he travelled few vountries before and settled back in india. he have some amount in his bank but not huge and he have own restuarant business. But don't have any properties. Also I'm adding the proof for my family ties in india ( my other brother and relatives). Just worrying not sure if that's enough or do I need to add more.

Sy-mi

Oct 20, 2022
Applied May 8, refused today. Not enough funds in my wife's account and they're not satisfied that she'll leave when the trip is over. She's a Brazilian citizen who has lived in Portugal since childhood, and I'm a Canadian citizen by birth.

I knew this was coming from lurking on the forums after submitting. I made the mistake of thinking Canada would be like the Schengen visas I've helped my mom apply for, where you just provide the info they're asking for and that's that. I didn't realize that you needed all this backup info to insure that you really will leave, etc.

It's just tough because we wanted the TRV so she could come here for a month (in winter!) and see if she would actually like living here. I'm sure we will get approved for the spousal PR, so I feel like we wasted time and money waiting on this and I got her hopes up unnecessarily.
Hello, I'm sorry for you. Did your wife apply from Portugal? When did she get her biometrics done?
It seems to me that with a Brazilian passport, if she has a valid US visa, she will not need a Canadian visa but only an AVE. You need to find out about this.

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
Visitor refusal for mother - shes is 64 year old house wife staying with me. Father is retired from private company. Sister invited her to see her family for 4 weeks and she is PR there. Her account balance was CAD 5K in saving, my account balance was CAD7.5k. Property valuation on my name. She doesnt have anything on her name in terms of assets. So I sponsored my mother, I am only son and sister living in Canada as PR. I have submitted my payslips, bank statements etc.

Refusal
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. • You have submitted documentation that lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility of your submission. • You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Visitor refusal for mother - shes is 64 year old house wife staying with me. Father is retired from private company. Sister invited her to see her family for 4 weeks and she is PR there. Her account balance was CAD 5K in saving, my account balance was CAD7.5k. Property valuation on my name. She doesnt have anything on her name in terms of assets. So I sponsored my mother, I am only son and sister living in Canada as PR. I have submitted my payslips, bank statements etc.

Refusal
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors: • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application. • You have submitted documentation that lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility of your submission. • You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets
You can’t sponsor her. She needs to show her own funds and even hers and yours combined is not a lot for a month long visit once you include airfare/insurance. It should not be that you are using all your savings for a visit. Property is not in her name, so not relevant. Your payslips are not relevant because it is not money in the banks and not her money. The bigger issue is that IRCC feels that she submitted unauthentic documents. Lucky she didn’t get a misrepresentation ban.

Does sister have the funds/income to apply for Supervisa? That would be the option and not include any of your documentation which IRCC doesn’t believe are real.

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
You can’t sponsor her. She needs to show her own funds and even hers and yours combined is not a lot for a month long visit once you include airfare/insurance. It should not be that you are using all your savings for a visit. Property is not in her name, so not relevant. Your payslips are not relevant because it is not money in the banks and not her money. The bigger issue is that IRCC feels that she submitted unauthentic documents. Lucky she didn’t get a misrepresentation ban.

Does sister have the funds/income to apply for Supervisa? That would be the option and not include any of your documentation which IRCC doesn’t believe are real.
How much funds we need to show in her bank account? My sister is currently on maternity leave in Canada and her husband is employed full time since last few months. Can we shortened her duration of stay in next visit as she just want to see her grandchild and her daughter for few weeks that's all. Any other possibilities for visit visa for her? Also, what's the meaning for unauthentic documents? We did not submit any fake documents.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How much funds we need to show in her bank account? My sister is currently on maternity leave in Canada and her husband is employed full time since last few months. Can we shortened her duration of stay in next visit as she just want to see her grandchild and her daughter for few weeks that's all. Any other possibilities for visit visa for her? Also, what's the meaning for unauthentic documents? We did not submit any fake documents.
Well $5k is not enough for a month once you pay for airfare. Keep it to one to two weeks if that is what she has. if not she should wait a few months until she has more money in her account (around $10k). Have her daughter and husband include their funds even though IRCC doesn’t need to consider them but better than yours. Not sure about documentation but IRCC believes they were not real. So don’t include any of your documentation.

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
Well $5k is not enough for a month once you pay for airfare. Keep it to one to two weeks if that is what she has. if not she should wait a few months until she has more money in her account (around $10k). Have her daughter and husband include their funds even though IRCC doesn’t need to consider them but better than yours. Not sure about documentation but IRCC believes they were not real. So don’t include any of your documentation.
Thanks for reply. My mother has joint bank account with father. Can we show around CAD10-12k in that account and also include my sisters documents from Canada. We could just transfer money in my parents account. Also, in application form - where it says is there anyone sponsoring your trip - do we say no one sponsoring yes?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for reply. My mother has joint bank account with father. Can we show around CAD10-12k in that account and also include my sisters documents from Canada. We could just transfer money in my parents account. Also, in application form - where it says is there anyone sponsoring your trip - do we say no one sponsoring yes?
Yes, you can include joint accounts. Do not transfer money into her account as that is a red flag and she must say where the money came from. Your sister writes a letter of invitation. She is not being sponsored.

Reactions: parthd2511

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
Yes, you can include joint accounts. Do not transfer money into her account as that is a red flag and she must say where the money came from. Your sister writes a letter of invitation. She is not being sponsored.
She is not earning as 64 year old now. So either we need to deposit cash or transfer money slowly in her account to make balance around CAD10K. Also, invitation letter was submitted from my sister and her husband in recent application but we did not submit her husbands employment status/salary slips etc. we only submitted their bank statements from Canada. Can we not just create one FD on my moms name and withdraw after a month then we have proof that the withdrawal FD for her to visit Canada?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She is not earning as 64 year old now. So either we need to deposit cash or transfer money slowly in her account to make balance around CAD10K. Also, invitation letter was submitted from my sister and her husband in recent application but we did not submit her husbands employment status/salary slips etc. we only submitted their bank statements from Canada. Can we not just create one FD on my moms name and withdraw after a month then we have proof that the withdrawal FD for her to visit Canada?
You want to show her having an account balance over a six-month period. So, you can't just set up a FD and then withdraw it the next month. If money is deposited then she needs to document where the money is coming from if she is not working. Her husband can include his bank accounts to show she has the funds.

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
You want to show her having an account balance over a six-month period. So, you can't just set up a FD and then withdraw it the next month. If money is deposited then she needs to document where the money is coming from if she is not working. Her husband can include his bank accounts to show she has the funds.
Thanks a lot for help.

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , Did you submit Chartered accountant statement for funds and properties in India? Is it required ?

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not required but we did submit CA certificate and property valuation.
Any idea how much a CA charges in India for this? have you heard people getting approval without CA statement? Also last question - what is considered as a strong ties for retired parents?