+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa may 2022

suresh28

Aug 3, 2022
Being artist and also being sponsored is a good thing as far as application is concerned. To call an organization shameful is not ethical everyone is doing their job. You can introspect on your application and apply again or request for reconsideration. Moreover no MP can influence a positive outcome on any application.
Good Luck with your next application.
I am not sure if you work for IRCC hence defending the system. We all know they are pretty disorganized and there is a huge shortage of staffs which is creating these type of problems. Calling any system's glitches or speaking about their activities which is actually shameful is not unethical in any means. Freedom of speech exists every where, if you can't help in any means please don't unnecessarily comment. Not looking for any moral tutoring here.

Reactions: dentist1

suresh28

Aug 3, 2022
Unfortunately a lot of 'artists' have come to Canada for concerts, or as chorus, or as instrumentalists for a singer or performing artist, or even in a group.... AND they've never gone back. They become what they call as "kabootar", because no institute, or organization can actually put you back on a plane once you're in Canada. Even if they say "the artist we are sponsoring will go back at the end of the visit after the planned concerts", so don't take it personally, they are only going by the history of this category.
Understood, but there are many other artists' visa which are getting approved as well. The country is open to bringing refugees without any background verification but not open to artists who have extensive travel history is not an ideal situation. It's not our first time travel outside the country, we already have US, UK, Europe travel history on our passport.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Applied for TRV under R186g for artists' visa in the month of May from India, got rejection letter today. Reasons given are pretty standard- failure to meet Section 179(b), personal assets and financial status - when we are invited artists to the concert, we are getting sponsored by an organization, who would take care of our travel, fooding and lodging- all the details were attached to the applications, as well as our travel history reflects our recent US travel and other countries' travel, still such a huge mess from IRCC is extremely shameful and must be reconsidered. Our organizers also shared their bank statements along with organization's bank statement, along with multiple MP follow ups. Delhi India office is most definitely one of the most inefficient and disorganized organization anyone could ever encounter.

Thinking of applying for reconsideration. Anyone here has positive/negative experience with reconsideration or even reapplication?
Some people get lucky with reconsiderations and some don't. It's very hard to predict. It's really not an official process and it's up to IRCC if they consider your request or not. Having said that, no harm in trying.

And yes, the other option would be to reapply and try to strengthen your application. I'm not sure if you included evidence of your own bank balances and proof of ties to your home country (e.g. employment, property, assets). If not, it would be good to do that in the new application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you! Yes, we showed our individual funds as well. Organization's fund we don't know but assuming that they did that due diligence from their end. The concern is the officer might have thought the case as TRV visa and has not even considered that it is for TRV visa under R186G
But you said your refusals were not meeting requirements of R186g and funds. How would you not know the organization’s funds as you would have applied and signed your own application. The organizer’s would have provided you with the statements showing they can fund your performance. Each performer would have done this. Given you are applying under the exemption, each performer would have included their personal bank statements to show they can afford a visit.

Last edited:

suresh28

Aug 3, 2022
But you said your refusals were not meeting requirements of R186g and funds. How would you not know the organization’s funds as you would have applied and signed your own application. The organizer’s would have provided you with the statements showing they can fund your performance. Each performer would have done this. Given you are applying under the exemption, each performer would have included their personal bank statements to show they can afford a visit.
Our applications were done by the organization itself so why would they share their bank details with us? That never happened in the past when we traveled. And when did I say my application was not meeting R186G? It was filed under R186G but the funny part is it seems IRCC officers treated it as ONLY TRV visa

suresh28

Aug 3, 2022
Some people get lucky with reconsiderations and some don't. It's very hard to predict. It's really not an official process and it's up to IRCC if they consider your request or not. Having said that, no harm in trying.

And yes, the other option would be to reapply and try to strengthen your application. I'm not sure if you included evidence of your own bank balances and proof of ties to your home country (e.g. employment, property, assets). If not, it would be good to do that in the new application.
Did include property and employment papers as well, such a messed up system it is!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Our applications were done by the organization itself so why would they share their bank details with us? That never happened in the past when we traveled. And when did I say my application was not meeting R186G? It was filed under R186G but the funny part is it seems IRCC officers treated it as ONLY TRV visa
What? They applied on your behalf. You should be applying, not them. You have the LMIA exemption. They must not have shown that they could fund your visit. Have you seen what the organization applied on your behalf? Did they file the correct documentation? A work permit is not a TRV. You need a TRV to enter Canada with the LMIA exemption. So yes, you need a TRV. IRCC believes that your organizer didn't show the funds nor meet the requirements for LMIA exemption. Talk to your organizer (and you) may have filed incorrectly.

Last edited:

Sheri86

Aug 18, 2021
Hello

I am going to apply visit visa for my parent via secured GC key account.

1) Itnery is mandatory to ulpoad in the system ? What i know before it is not necessary for it

2) should i validated and sign the application form before uploading in the system?

Please give ur opion so that i can submit the application.

suresh28

Aug 3, 2022
What? They applied on your behalf. You should be applying, not them. You have the LMIA exemption. They must not have shown that they could fund your visit. Have you seen what the organization applied on your behalf? Did they file the correct documentation? A work permit is not a TRV. You need a TRV to enter Canada with the LMIA exemption. So yes, you need a TRV. IRCC believes that your organizer didn't show the funds nor meet the requirements for LMIA exemption. Talk to your organizer (and you) may have filed incorrectly.
This was done through their IRCC representatives, via APR portal. It is not work permit but it is TRV visa under R186G (which is work permit exempted)

Rakesh Sharma

Jun 17, 2017
Filed TRV in May. Got rejection letter today stating family ties. I am applying for reconsideration right away. Can anyone please help me with the expected timeline for results on reconsideration? Will it be again 6 months?

suresh28

Aug 3, 2022
Filed TRV in May. Got rejection letter today stating family ties. I am applying for reconsideration right away. Can anyone please help me with the expected timeline for results on reconsideration? Will it be again 6 months?
Could be less, could be more as well, IRCC does not guarantee any timeline. Just ensure you have enough documentation to establish the family ties.. don't submit the same application and expect different outcome

Reactions: Naturgrl

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
I am not sure if you work for IRCC hence defending the system. We all know they are pretty disorganized and there is a huge shortage of staffs which is creating these type of problems. Calling any system's glitches or speaking about their activities which is actually shameful is not unethical in any means. Freedom of speech exists every where, if you can't help in any means please don't unnecessarily comment. Not looking for any moral tutoring here.
I guess you don't need moral teaching but you definitely need help for sure!.

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi All,

I have sent my passport for VISA printing and it is printed as well and currently on the way.
but counterfoil is not yet generated but status is showing as approved.

Any idea ?

coderhyde

Aug 25, 2022
Got my approval

Application submitted: May 2, 2022
Biometric request: May 2, 2022
Biometric submitted: May 3, 2022
Passport request: November 11, 2022

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Got my approval

Application submitted: May 2, 2022
Biometric request: May 2, 2022
Biometric submitted: May 3, 2022
Passport request: November 11, 2022
Congratulations!! When did your eligibility review start and did you get any emails for it?