+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa invitation letter

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
@Bryanna , @bellaluna and others, please suggest whether below invitation letter draft ((in italics ) is acceptable or not for a short-term Canadian tourist visa visit by my wife scheduled for October 2019, do I also need to include details of her from and to journey tickets (airline, flight details) in the below letter draft -

Additionally, my wife would be showing at least 3000 CAD funds and would also furnish a legal affidavit wherein I authorize her access to my bank funds of 2 bank accounts for complete and unrestricted usage for her Canadian TRV application.
She is also sharing copies of her job offer and leave sanction approval letters in the LOE.

In the LOE which she would be providing, we are also sharing details of her home country ties, she had a legal name change before she turned 18, so is it necessary to share details of that aspect in her LOE, also she was a non accompanying dependent in my earlier approved PR application, so is it necessary to mention that UCI in her TRV application forms.

I hope the below mentioned reasons/ties are good enough to get her TRV approved,

Kindly suggest on the above mentioned queries, please accept my sincere apologies for the lengthy query -

To –

RE : Invitation to visit me in Canada for the duration : 18th Oct 2019 to 4th Nov 2019

Dear Sayani,

Hope you are doing well.

I would love if you could visit me for a short duration as I would really enjoy your company and support while I am setting down here, your presence would be helpful specifically for assisting me while I am settling down in Canada.

I am currently staying at and am working in

It would be a very rewarding experience for both of us, especially for me, as I would also enjoy your cooking during this short visit, for the duration : 18th Oct 2019 to 4th Nov 2019.

I understand you would have to depart from Canada on 4th Nov 2019 in order to return to India owing to the below reasons –

·-> You ned to visit on a regular basis to supervise the housekeeping and overall maintenance of your apartment at

·-> You would have to resume your work duties at

·-> You would have to take care of your maternal grandmother, especially ensure that her medical consultations and diagnostic checks are done on a regular basis.

Please treat this as a formal invitation letter to be used for your Canadian temporary visit visa application.

Yours lovingly,

Pradip
1. Since you tagged me, let me just say I hate everything about this letter, but I'm not here to judge that.

2. Please remove all references to your phone numbers, addresses, and salary. Too late, you're using your full name as your username. It boggles my mind how many times actual adults don't have any discretion to post such personal information on a public forum.

3. Anyway, main point, invitation letters are recommended to be addressed to the visa officer, not to the applicant. Rewrite this letter to explain to the visa officer what's your wife's purpose to visit Canada.
If you say you have proof of those ties to her home country, then you don't need to write them in the invitation letter.
She can present a more respectful cover letter with those ties as bullet points in her purpose of visit.

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
@bellaluna, please find my comments inline -
1. Since you tagged me, let me just say I hate everything about this letter, but I'm not here to judge that. Pradip : Thanks for not judging the letter and for your valuable feedback.

2. Please remove all references to your phone numbers, addresses, and salary. Too late, you're using your full name as your username. It boggles my mind how many times actual adults don't have any discretion to post such personal information on a public forum.
Pradip : the phone numbers, salary and other details are not actual with regards to my family and other personal details, only the name is actual.

3. Anyway, main point, invitation letters are recommended to be addressed to the visa officer, not to the applicant. Rewrite this letter to explain to the visa officer what's your wife's purpose to visit Canada.
If you say you have proof of those ties to her home country, then you don't need to write them in the invitation letter.
She can present a more respectful cover letter with those ties as bullet points in her purpose of visit.
Pradip : Thank you for this feedback.

PradipSaha

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Toronto, Canada
App. Filed.......
08-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-05-2019
AOR Received.
08-11-2018
IELTS Request
24-05-2018
File Transfer...
12-12-2018
Med's Request
07-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-05-2019
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
LANDED..........
10-07-2019
@bellaluna, please find my comments inline -
@Bryanna , @bellaluna and others, please suggest whether below modified (modified as per suggestions from @bellaluna, Thank you very much!) invitation letter draft ((in italics ) is acceptable or not for a short-term Canadian tourist visa visit by my wife scheduled for October 2019.
Kindly suggest on the below mentioned queries, please accept my sincere apologies for the lengthy query -

With reference to the LOE which she would be providing in her TRV application, she had a legal name change before she turned 18, so is it necessary to share details of that aspect in her LOE?
Also she was a non accompanying dependent in my earlier approved PR application, so is it necessary to mention that UCI in her TRV application forms?

INVITATION LETTER DRAFT
To –

THE VISA OFFICER, IRCC,

GOVERNMENT OF CANADA, CANADA

RE : Invitation Letter for my wife : RUPALI SANYAL to visit me in Canada for the duration : 18th Oct 2019 to 3rd Nov 2019

Dear Officer,

Hope you are doing well.

I am writing this letter to let you know that I would like to invite my wife for a short visit (18th Oct 2019 to 4th Nov 2019).

This is mainly to ensure that I can spend quality time with my wife and savor the benefits of her Indian culinary skills, she is a wonderful home cook, please be informed.

Additionally, she is also interested to explore sightseeing places as much as possible in and around Toronto with me.

I am currently staying at 3004 Dundak Street West, Toronto, ON, M5T 1C4, Canada and am working in Kinaterformer, 30 Egglinton Ave N, Toronto, ON M4S 1X2, Canada for a monthly salary of 3000 CAD.

She would be departing from Canada on 3rd Nov 2019 to return to her home country, we have already included details of her ties to her home country as well details of her onward and return journey flight tickets in the LOE (Letter of Explanation) as well as other document placeholders included in the online application submitted to your department, kindly be informed.

Yours faithfully,

Pradip Saha

3004 Dundak Street West, Toronto, ON, Canada

Cellular: +1 123 123 1234

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
Below is a copy of the invitation letter I plan on sending for my wife's brother are they any red flag that you guys can see. Thanks again for any input.

Dear xxxxx (Brother),

I, xxxx, would like to take this opportunity to invite you Mr.xxxx to visit my family in Canada temporarily for 6 months.

As you know, I am working for my Husband company xxxxxx. I help him with the office work, and I do some cleaning. My Husband owns xxxxx and has worked for said company since 2010 and then bought it in 2014.

I want you to enjoy the Spring and Summer in Canada, with me and my husband. I want you to visit maple syrup farms in the spring. My husband has family in Toronto and I know you would love to see our uncle in Toronto and his children. Also we can go see Niagara Falls I am sure you will enjoy that. In the summer we can go to Alberta and see our uncle and aunts there. We were already planning going Alberta so I could see my aunt and uncles and show them our son.

I would like to mention here that I am making great progress in learning french. Also I now have my manicure and pedicure certificate so that I can one day open my own nail salon. I already have the space in xxxx for my shop and we are working to get it ready.

I want to emphasize that we completely capable of bearing all our (my husband, our son, you, our mom and myself) cost during your stay in Canada. My husband current salary is $xx,000/year which is well over the LICO limit. I also now work last year I made just over $xx,000. For a total family income of just over $xxx,xxx. Also I know that you have some money saved up for this trip, but I don't think you would need it. In addition to that if your visa is approved, we will buy Canadian medical insurance of $100,000 coverage for your time in Canada so that you never become a liability to the Government of Canada.

I know that 6 Months is a long time and you would want to return to your wife and sons, but I think you will have a great time with us and mom. You will visit many places in Canada. Also I think this will be a great opportunity for you to learn some English and French staying with us. This will help you a lot in getting customers from the tourist in your village.

I would, therefore, sincerely hope that your application for Canadian Visa is granted. I have attached the necessary documents with this application and given our details below. Should you require any further information, please feel free to contact me.

Yours affectionately,

xxxx

xxxxx

Note: This letter was translated to Vietnamese to my brother.
It seems you almost covered everything in this invitation letter. However, i wonder: what kinds of documents do you add to support your application?

Do you add salary slips or reference letter from your work place?

Thank you

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
@ Bryanna Also wanted to ask in the invitation letter part , I am attaching her invitation letter , passport , wedding hall payment confirmation. Should I add detailed Itinerary in that part too? And should I ask for her driving license too as more proof ? But feels like passport should be enough . The whole day sitting with these papers and still havent completed but little is left.

And also I was wondering in the optional documentation part there is a form ,

Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)B should I fill it in ? Because I have uploaded my travel history information in the purpose of travel part -very detailed as you advised me , already .
i once read somewhere that regarding invitation letter it is better to mention itinerary since you are giving more details .