+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa has exceeded normal processing times

armies

Feb 4, 2017
FabAle said:
Congrats! I have a question for you! How long did it take to receive back your passport after submission?
Thanks! Only 2 days I pick up my passport at vfs office.....

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
My parents TRV application which we files online(VO=India) shows the following:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Not sure what is actual status on the application. Can anyone please let me know??

Thanks,
Ravi

legalcitizen

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ravi_saff said:
My parents TRV application which we files online(VO=India) shows the following:

Application status We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Not sure what is actual status on the application. Can anyone please let me know??

Thanks,
Ravi

your application is still in progress. once they make final decision they will update the status to " approved" or " Refused"..
we submitted our (paper) application March 16 @ VFS Hyderabad and PP was dispatched April 4.

iqri.h

Apr 5, 2017
hello everyone,
i applied paper based and also submitted my passport with the application on March 9. till now no response.
why is it taking so long?

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
iqri.h said:
hello everyone,
i applied paper based and also submitted my passport with the application on March 9. till now no response.
why is it taking so long?
I think it's case to case basis. I applied for my mom via online last March 15th until now it says in progress.

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
I got PPR for my parents' file, applied on March 14th

Can anyone please tell me how and where to send that passport? They are in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

Thank you,
Ravi

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
I got PPR for my parents, application submitted online on 14 March 2017.

I had no hope of approval as documents were not so strong. Funds were deposited just 5-6 days before the application was submitted. We only provided 1 month statements for me and my parents. My parents did travel to Australia in 2006 for 3 weeks.

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
harry_aussie said:
I got PPR for my parents, application submitted online on 14 March 2017.

I had no hope of approval as documents were not so strong. Funds were deposited just 5-6 days before the application was submitted. We only provided 1 month statements for me and my parents. My parents did travel to Australia in 2006 for 3 weeks.

That's awesome man!! Congrats!!!

ibhdb

Oct 11, 2016
hopefully you will get a reply soon as processing time of UAE is 20 business days meanwhile link your application to gc key account, in this way you will get updates of your application.

BRs

iqri.h

Apr 5, 2017
ibhdb said:
hopefully you will get a reply soon as processing time of UAE is 20 business days meanwhile link your application to gc key account, in this way you will get updates of your application.

BRs
it has been more than 23 business days. my application is linked. it shows its in progress.

Nithya Gandhi

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
How can we contact cic?
I applied for my parents on 16 March and still no updates received except for the first 2 mails

It shows application in progress.

My friend applied on same date same time they got passport request yesterday

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nithya Gandhi said:
How can we contact cic?
I applied for my parents on 16 March and still no updates received except for the first 2 mails

It shows application in progress.

My friend applied on same date same time they got passport request yesterday
It's incorrect to compare with someone else's timelines. Each application is unique.

Unless there's an emergency/urgent travel, it won't help to contact IRCC with CSEs. So do wait patiently. Hopefully your parents will get decisions soon