New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 04 2015
jushope4 said:
Thanks a lot.I have one doubt about submitting original passport.How is it done when applying online for TRV?
Visa officer will request passport once he decided to grant you the visa in 15 days of your application.
Thanks
- S

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
I'm on day 37 with no decision so far from CIC.

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@ NABAAF,

My wife has got 1 year multiple entry visa and it is valid till October 2016. She came to Canada in Oct 2015. Her PR is in process and we are expecting it to come as per the current processing times around June 2016 (Applied on July 15, 2015). After she came here, we also travelled to USA. She got her re-entry stamp to Canada in Jan 2016. I have following question:

As per the 6 month validity period, her visa status expires in April 2016 :( :( but since she got stamping on her passport again in Jan 2016 because of USA travel does that mean she has time till July 2016? ???

My knowledge based on my resources was that once you enter Canada as a visitor your status is valid for 6 months (180 days) if at the port of entry the officer does not specify how much time the visa is valid for but if you get re-stamping due to overseas travel, you are re-entering Canada which means you are allowed to live for 6 consecutive months again from the effective new date of stamping on the passport. Is this correct? If this is true, then she still has time till July 2016 before applying for extension and hopefully we expect that she gets PR by then and we can avoid re-application for visitor visa. :) :)

If this is not true, then technically my wife's status expires very soon in April and I need to apply for extension as soon as possible. Normally, they say 30 days before the expiration, I don't even have 30 days. I am pretty tensed and I don't want to have any effect on her PR application because of this. If I apply late for the extension I mean still within 30 days period and not 30 days before is that still OK? Please confirm.

If anybody has already been in this situation please feel free to share suggestions/comments. Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod

Ottawa8950

Mar 20, 2016
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 04 2015
vnarayan said:
@ NABAAF,

My wife has got 1 year multiple entry visa and it is valid till October 2016. She came to Canada in Oct 2015. Her PR is in process and we are expecting it to come as per the current processing times around June 2016 (Applied on July 15, 2015). After she came here, we also travelled to USA. She got her re-entry stamp to Canada in Jan 2016. I have following question:

As per the 6 month validity period, her visa status expires in April 2016 :( :( but since she got stamping on her passport again in Jan 2016 because of USA travel does that mean she has time till July 2016? ???

My knowledge based on my resources was that once you enter Canada as a visitor your status is valid for 6 months (180 days) if at the port of entry the officer does not specify how much time the visa is valid for but if you get re-stamping due to overseas travel, you are re-entering Canada which means you are allowed to live for 6 consecutive months again from the effective new date of stamping on the passport. Is this correct? If this is true, then she still has time till July 2016 before applying for extension and hopefully we expect that she gets PR by then and we can avoid re-application for visitor visa. :) :)

If this is not true, then technically my wife's status expires very soon in April and I need to apply for extension as soon as possible. Normally, they say 30 days before the expiration, I don't even have 30 days. I am pretty tensed and I don't want to have any effect on her PR application because of this. If I apply late for the extension I mean still within 30 days period and not 30 days before is that still OK? Please confirm.

If anybody has already been in this situation please feel free to share suggestions/comments. Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod

Yes, when someone re-enters in Canada from another country, the 6 months time period starts over. Her visa is good till July 2016.

Thanks
- S

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
Hello al

I had applied through a paper application for visitors visa from vfs Ahmedabad

I followed the thread and I have applied

But my application is forwarded to Bangalore

I am very sad a s they say that Bangalore vo is not good and they reject applications
Please guide me seniors

And please pray for me people

Thank you for the guidance anyways

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
I have just received my TRV extension paper. I think the following items are important.
1) letter of explanation
2) itinerary
3) financial support.

I provided all three and I got it. My first application for TRV failed bcz of lacking of those... I reapplied and added the above three things plus affidavit of assurance to return, and I got it. This time for TRV extension I made sure I stated clearly what my plans in Canada are, and 3 month bank statements. And I got it.

Hope it works out for everyone too.

007JB

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Jul-2015
AOR Received.
05-Aug-2015
File Transfer...
07-Sep-2015 (AOR2)
Med's Done....
22-Jun-2015
Passport Req..
21-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-Apr-2016
LANDED..........
06-May-2016
ai_hopeful said:
I have just received my TRV extension paper. I think the following items are important.
1) letter of explanation
2) itinerary
3) financial support.

I provided all three and I got it. My first application for TRV failed bcz of lacking of those... I reapplied and added the above three things plus affidavit of assurance to return, and I got it. This time for TRV extension I made sure I stated clearly what my plans in Canada are, and 3 month bank statements. And I got it.

Hope it works out for everyone too.
when did u apply for extension? :)

ai_hopeful

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 SA 09-03-2016 AOR2 17-03-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2015
007JB said:
when did u apply for extension? :)
I think I applied beginning of March... like 3rd or 5th...they approved on 30th

Ottawa8950

Mar 20, 2016
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 04 2015
Drkdd said:
Hello al

I had applied through a paper application for visitors visa from vfs Ahmedabad

I followed the thread and I have applied

But my application is forwarded to Bangalore

I am very sad a s they say that Bangalore vo is not good and they reject applications
Please guide me seniors

And please pray for me people

Thank you for the guidance anyways
Hi, I have applied my TRV application on line and I got it approved today. When they requested passport, I send my passport to Banglore visa office. in 4 days only I received back my passport with 10 years of multiple entry visa on it.
Thanks,
- S

Sivakumar santhanam

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
AOR 1 - waived, AOR 2 - Jan20 2016
File Transfer...
Jan 07 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I applied online TRV for my wife on March 25. April 1st, i got Additional document request(Marriage photos). I did submitted the document On apr 2nd itself. But after that there is no progress.

How long they will take to process the Online application? :eek: :eek: :eek:

AjaxKing

Apr 11, 2016
Hi Ottawa8950

Did you apply for TRV directly or after SA approval ?

I live in Ajax, own a home and restaurant. My wife has job in India. I would like to apply for TRV (Visitor Visa) for my wife.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks,

mega_option101

Feb 5, 2016
Gatineau, Québec, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ: 22-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-06-2016
Sivakumar santhanam said:
I applied online TRV for my wife on March 25. April 1st, i got Additional document request(Marriage photos). I did submitted the document On apr 2nd itself. But after that there is no progress.

How long they will take to process the Online application? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Assuming she is from India - the website says ~14 days.

Hope this helps!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
PS070315 said:
Hi,
Posting this for the benefit of all. Most of us are going through the pain of our PR wait and TRV rejection. It’s not impossible to get TRV. We need to go with correct documentation. My husband and myself have done lot of homework for getting TRV. I also had two times TRV rejection and then got TRV approved twice during my PR application process. I would like to share my experience, hope it helps in building good documentation and getting TRV approved for spouse.
If PR is a major project. TRV is like a min project, it takes at least 1month for preparing right set of documents.
1. When to Apply:
You can apply before marriage or after marriage also. If the TRV is getting rejected when applied before marriage then hold on and apply for TRV after marriage, after filling your PR, even better if you apply after getting file number(especially if spouse is not in job and has no travel history).
2. Know your case:
We need to first understand what category we fall under and build documents accordingly. Based on my experience I can broadly categorize people in below category :
 a. Applicant is working and has travel history:
This is the category that has high probability of getting TRV approved as they have high liability of returning to home country due to their work ties, again documentation plays a very important role. So if your spouse is working then do not let him/her quit the job. Below list of documents if provided properly and case rightly built then you get approval fast and quick.

 b. Applicant is working but no previous travel history :
This is the next category where getting approval is high as they are again having strong ties of returning to home country fast due to work ties. But if the visa officer feels you belong to potential immigrant category then he will reject stating you have no previous travel history. In this case there should be more strong ties to be shown for home country stating you like your job, you have parents to take care of or some important family function for which you need to come back.
 c. Applicant not working but has travel history
This category section also need to build proper documentation in terms of what strong ties he/she can show towards home country and they will return after the period of stay. If the applicant has home loan/education loan/ has assets in their name then those can be given as document, in this category the documents and invite letter of the sponsor is very crucial as they are not financially independent and when they come to Canada. In this case both applicant and sponsor needs to show more funds. Need to attach travel tickets, insurance etc. Its better to apply after the PR file number has come.
 d. Applicant not working and has no travel history
 They are high risk of rejection case as the visa officer feels they will not return to the home country once they reach Canada, again I have helped two people in this category whose TRV is approved. For this you really need all the documents that will be mentioned below (except applicant work and IT return related document). Its better if you plan for a out of country honeymoon if possible to make up the travel history. If possible have some assets or FD in the applicant’s name. Again do not create FD immediately before applying TRV, they visa officer will know it’s made of for the TRV, do it as soon as your engagement is fixed, good if it’s one or two months before the TRV is applied. Again all the points told for “Applicant not working but has travel history
“ hold good. This category better if applied after PR file number has come, that too after AOR 1.

--------------------------------------Regarding your documents----------------------------

Note: This is not a PR application hence too many proof about your marriage is not required. So just provide below documents in order that is given as per your scenario.
If your TRV is already rejected then see the rejection letter and provide all the supporting documents that will satisfy the visa officer for not rejecting your case. This is reveres technique but this is the formula I used in my case as I had job + travel history but still had got TRV rejection twice.
Part A
1. Cover letter:
- Hear give an introduction of applicant, reason why they are applying for TRV
- Highlight about dual intent. You can include below point in your invite letter stating you have read in internet and also verified in public library (This is one example):
" In accordance with section 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, Mr/Ms. <applicant name> is permitted to hold dual intent and should not be precluded from being granted visitor status. Section 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that:
An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.
Therefore, Mr/Ms. <Applicant name>’s applicant for Canadian Permanent Residence under the Spousal Sponsorship category<File number> does not affect her eligibility for a Temporary Resident Visa.
If, for any reason,Mr/ Ms.<Applicant name> is not authorized to continue residing in Canada, he/she understands that he/she will be required to leave Canada and return to India. I ensure that he/ she will leave Canada and will not exceed their stay in Canada beyond the visa period.

- Give details of all the list of documents that you are submitting as part of the application package

Part B:All the filled forms
Tips: download the latest copy from CIC website and also use the document guide for filling the form for each question.
2. Ensure its properly filled specially Background information 2 b) c) d) that asked have you ever being denied visa to any country - There tick Yes and just give the TRV rejection number. This is enough, no need to provide reasons. If TRV rejected more that once you need to give all the application numbers of the TRV that was rejected.
3. MP recommendation letter - if you have
4. Invite Letter from sponsor- This needs to have
para 1: details of you like ur name, passport number, PR number, where you are employed, what is your monthly salary you draw in ,
Para 2: then details about your spouse(applicant) name, passport number, PR file number, where he/she is employed, what is his/her monthly salary
Para 3: a brief of how u met, when you married, reason you are inviting him/her to Canada, since when u have not seen each other, then conclude stating he/she would leave back to India on this date after his/her visit as he/ she has to join wrk etc and also be at home for taking care of his/her father during operation (what ever is the strong reason you feel in your case)
Para 4: You also need to tell where your spouse will stay when he/she arrives in Canada. State facts of your PR file status, particulars of MP support letter, Thank you and conclusion

Part C: Supporting documents of Primary Applicant
5. Marriage certificate
6. Passport copy <if its online application - attached only first and last page where the main details are given> <if you have travel history then better to scan those pages and send>
7. Applicant employment letter - good if they state that they are aware of his/her travel to canada during the leave period. This should be in company letter head and need to have seal and signature of HR
8. Leave approval letter or screen shot (this is optional but added advantage)
9. last 3 months Salary slip of applicant
10. last 3 years form 16 or ITR
11. Bank statement, FD if any that will also be good (show at least 5 to 6 lack, keep it in account min one month before)
12. Assets (Khata or EC) if there is any site in his/her name or joint that will add more value
13. Affidavit by spouse/sponsor saying he/she will sponsor and applicant will leave before visa expires.
14. Affidavit by applicant’s father and mother that states he/she will follow Canadian Immigration law and go back to India after visa expiry. If applicant is working then better to tell they are aware they cannot work in Canada and hence will not involve in such activities.
15. Notarized affidavit from applicants parents stating they married as per their consent and they ensure that take responsibility that he/she will return back before the visa expires
16. Letter by friends who attended my wedding.
17. Applicant Medical assessment copy (done for PR)
18. Applicant PCC copy is also good to be added
19. Flight tickets round trip. (mandatory if the applicant has no travel history or not working, return ticket is important)
20. Health Insurance.
21. Applicant Aadhar card / Driver’s license in India (any one is enough)
22. Marriage photos ( 5-10 max, better to collate them in one word document or collage is good option this should be good enough proof.. based on what your scenario is you can attach relevant proof's and documents).

Part D: inviting person supporting documents ( sponsor) (In TRV its equally important you give your documents and show enough finance in your account as you are taking complete responsibility of your spouse stay in Canada, so you should actually have more funds. Your spouse funds is just to ensure he/she has liability to come back to his/her home country and he/she can support themselves in case of emergency)
23. Your Passport copy
24. your PR card copy
25. Your employment letter
26. Your 3 months’ salary slip
27. Three years tax paid statement
28. Bank statement, it will be good if u can show 5000CAD
29. Rental agreement copy of where you currently stay, if its same place where your spouse will be staying when he/she comes then send a mail to your rental office stating he/she will be coming and joining you (dates of the period of stay), then attach this mail also as reference
30. Proof of PR submission <your AOR or recent communication from NDVO>
You can go through attorney in Canada for applying visa if you want but ensure your package is correct.. that will be faster and safer. Good luck with your application.. may your spouse be by your side soon..
My wife is unemployed and I support her financially. She was working before our marriage but left her job to go back to her parents house to arrange the wedding. We applied for a study permit with me offering to finance her course which was rejected. We submitted the PR application shortly afterwards and decided it was best for her to remain at home while it processed with me supporting her opposed to finding another job and renting a room. She would likely have been making minimum wage if she was to be working and making in one month what I make in a day and a half of work here in Canada. She's also never filed any taxes as she has always been paid in cash and has no money in a bank account.

Is there any hope for a TRV?

regina_123

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
24-12-2015
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-20016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
ImABule said:
My wife is unemployed and I support her financially. She was working before our marriage but left her job to go back to her parents house to arrange the wedding. We applied for a study permit with me offering to finance her course which was rejected. We submitted the PR application shortly afterwards and decided it was best for her to remain at home while it processed with me supporting her opposed to finding another job and renting a room. She would likely have been making minimum wage if she was to be working and making in one month what I make in a day and a half of work here in Canada. She's also never filed any taxes as she has always been paid in cash and has no money in a bank account.

Is there any hope for a TRV?
There is always a chance, nothing wrong in giving a try and it wont affect your pr application ...so do a solid paperwork and make sure you only apply for TRV after you get SA and AOR2....

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
regina_123 said:
There is always a chance, nothing wrong in giving a try and it wont affect your pr application ...so do a solid paperwork and make sure you only apply for TRV after you get SA and AOR2....
I have SA and file transfer, waiting on AOR2. My problem is how to demonstrate that she will return/ties to her country. We have zero financial docs on her side and she has no assets etc