09-02-2016
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2016
LANDED..........
24-06-2016
cool_fs4u said:
My wife's TRV got rejected recently. Our agent asked us to send an email to visa office with explanation to request them to reconsider the application. We didn't receive any reply back. However, when we ordered CAIPS notes, the email actually showed up in "Notes" section with a comment "Reconsideration Request Received. To IPM For Action".
Hi cool_fs4u. Can you tell me the link to order CAIPS notes?

SR0715

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
Komal1331 said:
My husband is in Canada since last 4 years, studied and working and is a permanent resident, we got married in Dec '15 and applied for our PR on Jan 4 '16, we have got our sponsor evaluation finished and the file has been sent to New Delhi Office. He has a bought a new house and the house warming was on 28th March, and I applied visitor's visa a couple of weeks back through an immigration lawyer in Canada. I did specify each and everything honestly, including my employment, to which they claim as "misrepresented", I asked in my office and got to know that the calls were made on odd hours and it was attended by a Field Boy and he responded that "I used to work here", both the times the calls were attended by him and my job was verified and confirmed by the same person all when the receptionist wasn't on her desk and that too a field boy(since no one was in teh office at that time). Hence, we have got 30 days time for explanation, trying my best to get each and every document. But, the question is should we withdraw the TRV application giving explanation so that we avoid any harm on PR or are they going to anyway stop me to come to Canada for 5 years and automatically brings my husband out of Canada. ( No couple can live apart for 5 years) Sad

P.S.- I am a resident of New Zealand and a citizen of India and in India from last one year.

Help Please
NO do not withdraw. There is no effect of TRV application on your PR application.

Provide them with all the documents from your company to prove that you are indeed an employee of the company. Provide as many documents as you can to PROVE all the items they might have mentioned in the letter.

PS070315

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 14, 2016
AOR Received.
May 21, 2015
File Transfer...
May 19, 2015. In Progress
Med's Request
Mar 15,2016
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2015, Mar 16,2016
Hi,
Posting this for the benefit of all. Most of us are going through the pain of our PR wait and TRV rejection. It’s not impossible to get TRV. We need to go with correct documentation. My husband and myself have done lot of homework for getting TRV. I also had two times TRV rejection and then got TRV approved twice during my PR application process. I would like to share my experience, hope it helps in building good documentation and getting TRV approved for spouse.
If PR is a major project. TRV is like a min project, it takes at least 1month for preparing right set of documents.
1. When to Apply:
You can apply before marriage or after marriage also. If the TRV is getting rejected when applied before marriage then hold on and apply for TRV after marriage, after filling your PR, even better if you apply after getting file number(especially if spouse is not in job and has no travel history).
2. Know your case:
We need to first understand what category we fall under and build documents accordingly. Based on my experience I can broadly categorize people in below category :
 a. Applicant is working and has travel history:
This is the category that has high probability of getting TRV approved as they have high liability of returning to home country due to their work ties, again documentation plays a very important role. So if your spouse is working then do not let him/her quit the job. Below list of documents if provided properly and case rightly built then you get approval fast and quick.

 b. Applicant is working but no previous travel history :
This is the next category where getting approval is high as they are again having strong ties of returning to home country fast due to work ties. But if the visa officer feels you belong to potential immigrant category then he will reject stating you have no previous travel history. In this case there should be more strong ties to be shown for home country stating you like your job, you have parents to take care of or some important family function for which you need to come back.
 c. Applicant not working but has travel history
This category section also need to build proper documentation in terms of what strong ties he/she can show towards home country and they will return after the period of stay. If the applicant has home loan/education loan/ has assets in their name then those can be given as document, in this category the documents and invite letter of the sponsor is very crucial as they are not financially independent and when they come to Canada. In this case both applicant and sponsor needs to show more funds. Need to attach travel tickets, insurance etc. Its better to apply after the PR file number has come.
 d. Applicant not working and has no travel history
 They are high risk of rejection case as the visa officer feels they will not return to the home country once they reach Canada, again I have helped two people in this category whose TRV is approved. For this you really need all the documents that will be mentioned below (except applicant work and IT return related document). Its better if you plan for a out of country honeymoon if possible to make up the travel history. If possible have some assets or FD in the applicant’s name. Again do not create FD immediately before applying TRV, they visa officer will know it’s made of for the TRV, do it as soon as your engagement is fixed, good if it’s one or two months before the TRV is applied. Again all the points told for “Applicant not working but has travel history
“ hold good. This category better if applied after PR file number has come, that too after AOR 1.

--------------------------------------Regarding your documents----------------------------

Note: This is not a PR application hence too many proof about your marriage is not required. So just provide below documents in order that is given as per your scenario.
If your TRV is already rejected then see the rejection letter and provide all the supporting documents that will satisfy the visa officer for not rejecting your case. This is reveres technique but this is the formula I used in my case as I had job + travel history but still had got TRV rejection twice.
Part A
1. Cover letter:
- Hear give an introduction of applicant, reason why they are applying for TRV
- Highlight about dual intent. You can include below point in your invite letter stating you have read in internet and also verified in public library (This is one example):
" In accordance with section 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, Mr/Ms. <applicant name> is permitted to hold dual intent and should not be precluded from being granted visitor status. Section 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that:
An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.
Therefore, Mr/Ms. <Applicant name>’s applicant for Canadian Permanent Residence under the Spousal Sponsorship category<File number> does not affect her eligibility for a Temporary Resident Visa.
If, for any reason,Mr/ Ms.<Applicant name> is not authorized to continue residing in Canada, he/she understands that he/she will be required to leave Canada and return to India. I ensure that he/ she will leave Canada and will not exceed their stay in Canada beyond the visa period.

- Give details of all the list of documents that you are submitting as part of the application package

Part B:All the filled forms
Tips: download the latest copy from CIC website and also use the document guide for filling the form for each question.
2. Ensure its properly filled specially Background information 2 b) c) d) that asked have you ever being denied visa to any country - There tick Yes and just give the TRV rejection number. This is enough, no need to provide reasons. If TRV rejected more that once you need to give all the application numbers of the TRV that was rejected.
3. MP recommendation letter - if you have
4. Invite Letter from sponsor- This needs to have
para 1: details of you like ur name, passport number, PR number, where you are employed, what is your monthly salary you draw in ,
Para 2: then details about your spouse(applicant) name, passport number, PR file number, where he/she is employed, what is his/her monthly salary
Para 3: a brief of how u met, when you married, reason you are inviting him/her to Canada, since when u have not seen each other, then conclude stating he/she would leave back to India on this date after his/her visit as he/ she has to join wrk etc and also be at home for taking care of his/her father during operation (what ever is the strong reason you feel in your case)
Para 4: You also need to tell where your spouse will stay when he/she arrives in Canada. State facts of your PR file status, particulars of MP support letter, Thank you and conclusion

Part C: Supporting documents of Primary Applicant
5. Marriage certificate
6. Passport copy <if its online application - attached only first and last page where the main details are given> <if you have travel history then better to scan those pages and send>
7. Applicant employment letter - good if they state that they are aware of his/her travel to canada during the leave period. This should be in company letter head and need to have seal and signature of HR
8. Leave approval letter or screen shot (this is optional but added advantage)
9. last 3 months Salary slip of applicant
10. last 3 years form 16 or ITR
11. Bank statement, FD if any that will also be good (show at least 5 to 6 lack, keep it in account min one month before)
12. Assets (Khata or EC) if there is any site in his/her name or joint that will add more value
13. Affidavit by spouse/sponsor saying he/she will sponsor and applicant will leave before visa expires.
14. Affidavit by applicant’s father and mother that states he/she will follow Canadian Immigration law and go back to India after visa expiry. If applicant is working then better to tell they are aware they cannot work in Canada and hence will not involve in such activities.
15. Notarized affidavit from applicants parents stating they married as per their consent and they ensure that take responsibility that he/she will return back before the visa expires
16. Letter by friends who attended my wedding.
17. Applicant Medical assessment copy (done for PR)
18. Applicant PCC copy is also good to be added
19. Flight tickets round trip. (mandatory if the applicant has no travel history or not working, return ticket is important)
20. Health Insurance.
21. Applicant Aadhar card / Driver’s license in India (any one is enough)
22. Marriage photos ( 5-10 max, better to collate them in one word document or collage is good option this should be good enough proof.. based on what your scenario is you can attach relevant proof's and documents).

Part D: inviting person supporting documents ( sponsor) (In TRV its equally important you give your documents and show enough finance in your account as you are taking complete responsibility of your spouse stay in Canada, so you should actually have more funds. Your spouse funds is just to ensure he/she has liability to come back to his/her home country and he/she can support themselves in case of emergency)
23. Your Passport copy
24. your PR card copy
25. Your employment letter
26. Your 3 months’ salary slip
27. Three years tax paid statement
28. Bank statement, it will be good if u can show 5000CAD
29. Rental agreement copy of where you currently stay, if its same place where your spouse will be staying when he/she comes then send a mail to your rental office stating he/she will be coming and joining you (dates of the period of stay), then attach this mail also as reference
30. Proof of PR submission <your AOR or recent communication from NDVO>
You can go through attorney in Canada for applying visa if you want but ensure your package is correct.. that will be faster and safer. Good luck with your application.. may your spouse be by your side soon..

india8055

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Hi PS070315/tannygirl,
I am applying TRV to my wife, we recently married and I have applied for PR to my wife and got sponsor approval letter.
Before marriage she applied for visitor visa and got rejected.
Reason: No travel history and purpose of visit.
She just mentioned visiting a friend.
Can you guys please help me with cover letters.
Can you please email me cover letters (kiranmuthr@gmail.com)
Right now she is working but tax returns where not filed to her working on cash.

Tanny girl document check list:
14.A kick ass cover letter giving reasons why I will not overstay the Visitor Visa and why I have to return to India after my trip.
15.A letter from my dad on a stamp paper saying I will return as per my flight dates.
27. A notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.
29. A hand written personal invitation from him to me asking me come and visit him (this is a personal letter, with lovey-dovey words about how much he misses me and wants to see me)
PS070315 checklist
13. Affidavit by spouse/sponsor saying he/she will sponsor and applicant will leave before visa expires.
14. Affidavit by applicant’s father and mother that states he/she will follow Canadian Immigration law and go back to India after visa expiry. If applicant is working then better to tell they are aware they cannot work in Canada and hence will not involve in such activities.
15. Notarized affidavit from applicants parents stating they married as per their consent and they ensure that take responsibility that he/she will return back before the visa expires
16. Letter by friends who attended my wedding.

R.S.

Sep 25, 2012
cool_fs4u said:
My wife's TRV got rejected recently. Our agent asked us to send an email to visa office with explanation to request them to reconsider the application. We didn't receive any reply back. However, when we ordered CAIPS notes, the email actually showed up in "Notes" section with a comment "Reconsideration Request Received. To IPM For Action".

Does anyone know what "Reconsideration Request Received. To IPM For Action" means?

Thanks
Did you receive anything for TRV

botsmith2004

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we need to submit any Original documents from the Sponnsor? (Eg. Employment letter, tax filings, etc) or can scanned copies be ok?
Any original documents required from Applicant side?
Or can all documents be scanned copies?

Ottawa8950

Mar 20, 2016
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 04 2015
My spousal application is in process with New Delhi visa office. Our status online is as below:

We received your application for permanent residence on September XX 2015
We started processing your application on December XX 2015
Medical results have been received

I have applied for my visitor visa online during first week of March 2016. I was waiting for visa office to request my passport, but instead of Passport request, visa office has requested me to submit medical in 30 days. I believe it is good news, but I need your input. Please advise me.

Also I want to add my details in the left part here. Please guide how can I add my details?

Will appreciate your input.

- S

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
Ottawa8950 said:
My spousal application is in process with New Delhi visa office. Our status online is as below:

I have applied for my visitor visa online during first week of March 2016. I was waiting for visa office to request my passport, but instead of Passport request, visa office has requested me to submit medical in 30 days. I believe it is good news, but I need your input. Please advise me.

Also I want to add my details in the left part here. Please guide how can I add my details?

- S
Hi there,

I had also applied for my husband's TRV online and as soon as I submitted the application, I received a notification to submit biometrics within 30 days. This is their requirement to complete the application. Thanks.

UPDATE: Also, I used his medical which we used to apply for his PR with the TRV as well. Again, the application is not complete if the medical is not done upfront.

india8055

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Ottawa8950 said:

- S

Hi Can you please send me cover letters and what documentation u did for TRV. kiranmuthr@gmail.com

regina_123

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
File Transfer...
09-03-2016
Med's Done....
24-12-2015
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-20016
LANDED..........
01-07-2016
Landing_PR said:
Hi there,

I had also applied for my husband's TRV online and as soon as I submitted the application, I received a notification to submit biometrics within 30 days. This is their requirement to complete the application. Thanks.
Biometrics and Medical is two different things. I guess Biometrics can be done at vfs office.

Carina_0915

Star Member
Nov 9, 2013
tannygirl said:
Hi everyone!

I applied for the Visitor Visa for Canada from India.
I am happy to inform you that IT HAS BEEN GRANTED to me! :D :D :D

My husband (sponsor) and I (principal applicant) have applied for my PR under Family Class.
On the forum I had read several times that it's nearly impossible to be granted a visitor visa while PR application is in process and that there is a 98% rejection rate, but I'm here to say that it's POSSIBLE!
But I applied and I got it!

I have been granted a ONE-YEAR MULTIPLE ENTRY visa to Canada.

What worked for us is that I showed PLENTY of TIES TO HOME and also convinced them that I will not overstay.

Here is a list of documents I submitted- It took a lot of time and energy to gather, but it's been worth it!

IMP: I applied for a travel duration of ONE MONTH. (They usually issue a 6 month visa, but best not to say you'll stay for 6 months!) It has to be long enough that it's believable, but short enough that it doesn't make them feel like you're trying to stay permanently !

Before applying for Canada Tourist Visa, I also applied (and was granted) a 10 year multiple entry visa to the U.S.
I think this carries some amount of weightage so it's probably a good idea to get a US tourist visa before applying for Canada.

My documents:
1. Income Tax Returns for last 4 years ( as many years as you have filed!)
2. As I am a freelancer, so no employer leave letter I submitted-My invoices, Contracts & Purchase orders for my work. (to prove I have ties to home)
3. Aadhar card copy
4. Drivers license copy
5. Pan card copy
6. Marriage certificate
7. PCC for all the countries I have spent more than 6 months in.
8. Visa Medical
9. Bank statements of the last 6 months
10.Car ownership papers (with ongoing loan)
11.Return flight tickets (THIS IS VERY IMP APPARENTLY- NEVER BOOK A ONE WAY TICKET, THEY'LL SURELY REJECT THE VISA)
12.My travel & employment history (same as submitted for the PR visa application)
13.My resume
14.A kick ass cover letter giving reasons why I will not overstay the Visitor Visa and why I have to return to India after my trip.
15.A letter from my dad on a stamp paper saying I will return as per my flight dates.

My husband's documents:
16. His employment letter of confirmation from the company where he works
17. Income Tax Returns filed in Canada
18. Pay stubs from the last 3 months
19. Bank Statements of last 6 months
20. PR Card copy
21. SPONSORSHIP APPROVAL LETTER (Super important)
22. Our travel together (flight tickets, hotel bookings etc)
23. Our photos together from the wedding & before & after the wedding- to establish that our marriage is real!(this is very important too, apparently, one girl told me to send that in because they rejected her visa saying there isn't enough proof of her marriage- even though she submitted her marriage certificate copy!!)
25. Our chat messages from over 1 year (same as submitted for the PR application)
26. Travel insurance that my husband bought for me (in Canada) for the duration of my trip.
27. A notarized declaration from my husband stating he will pay for my expenses & that I will not be a burden on the Canada.
28. A notarized invitation letter (addressed to VO) from my husband inviting me to visit him in Canada.
29. A hand written personal invitation from him to me asking me come and visit him (this is a personal letter, with lovey-dovey words about how much he misses me and wants to see me)

The reason why people get rejections is because they're not proving their ties to their home country.
If you can show that you have a lot of things/ people/ property/ assets that are in your home country that you won't just leave behind- they will grant you a visa.

Another thing, in my cover letter, I stated UP FRONT that I have a PR application in the system (gave my UCI etc) and said that I would never do anything to jeopardise my PR application by over staying on a Tourist Visa. I just want to visit my husband since we're newly married and I miss him.

Stay positive and send as many documents as you can.
be truthful and stick to your word if you're granted the Visa-
The VOs are humans too and they can empathise with your feelings, as long as you convince them you're not going overstay, they won't reject you. :)

Good luck & God Speed everyone! 8)
Hi, could you tell me what are differences between 28 and 29, in terms of contents; structures and styles?

Thanks

india_d

Jan 21, 2016
Ottawa8950 said:

- S
Hi do let us know was it for TRV or for the PR application in process once you submit your medical. Also can you let me know when your 3rd line of medical was added, like my ecas shows application in process only 1st two lines are there not the third line. Thanks GA.

kitty_T

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
Doc's Request.
24-12-2015/ 02-03-2016
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2015
Med's Request
upfront- received 02-04-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2016
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
Ottawa8950 said:

- S
with regards to adding your details, you need to have at least 10/11 post to get the options. :)

Ottawa8950

Mar 20, 2016
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 04 2015
india_d said:
Hi do let us know was it for TRV or for the PR application in process once you submit your medical. Also can you let me know when your 3rd line of medical was added, like my ecas shows application in process only 1st two lines are there not the third line. Thanks GA.
Hi,

The medical request is for my TRV. For me all 3 lines appeared at the same time when they have approved our SA back in December 2015.

Thank you
- S

Ottawa8950

Mar 20, 2016
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 04 2015
kitty_T said:
with regards to adding your details, you need to have at least 10/11 post to get the options. :)
Thank you
- S