April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Don't out the stuff that doesn't apply to you. Keep it short and effective

{sponsor details}

High Commission of Canada,
{Visa Office you are applying to}

To Immigration & Visa Officer,

My name is {sponsor}, an Indian Citizen, born on {date}, and currently residing in {city you are living in}. My email is {email} & cellphone contact number is {cell number}. I'm self-employed and running a very successful {business domain} business here in the {city} since {year}.

My purpose for writing this invitation letter is to invite Mrs. {wife's name}, my loving, charming, caring & bubbly Wife, whom I'm missing to death since we last met in July 2015 (complete travel history to follow). The main purpose of {wife's name}'s visit to Canada is to spend some quality time with myself, especially to ensure that we are together with each other on the day of our first wedding anniversary, which is a few months away now ({date}). Being such a major milestone for a newly wedded couple - We do not want to leave any stone unturned to be together while fulfilling this milestone. We both miss each other desperately and this distance is really taking it's toll on our beautiful relationship, turning our life to a torturous one.

DISCLOSURE: We already have an application under Family Class in progress for {wife} where I've Sponsored {wife}. I've already received a positive decision on my Sponsorship Application & met the eligibility to be a Sponsor. We are waiting from New Delhi Visa office for the next steps. (Please see attached letter from CIC dated {date})

Wife's UCI: {UCI}
My UCI: {UCI}
Application Number: {Application Number}

I would like you to consider {Wife}'s Visa Application for the following reasons:

{Wife} was born in {place of birth} and has been living in {place of birth} all her life. From where {wife} is right now, she enjoys the company & comfort of her paternal grandfather, mother, brother, 1 paternal uncle & aunt, their 2 children (her cousins): of whom 1 is married with a young kid & 1 is undergoing his study at a Local college. On her Mother's side she has her great-grandmother, great-grandfather, grandmother, grandfather, 1 maternal uncle-aunt & their 2 beautiful young daughters. All of this in the form of a very loving & close knit family, All of these mentioned family members & relatives are living in the same city roughly 10 minutes drive away from each other.

Her entire family has lived in the same house/address for roughly last 25 years ({Wife's address}) Even after her fathers demise in {year} her family has continued to live in the same house ever since. {Wife} likes to split her time between living with my parents in India & living with her own mother from time to time because the two places are just 2 minutes away from each other. (Please see attached identity documents of {Wife}, Mother & Brother for home address.)

Thus, proving {Wife}'s strong family ties in India, other than myself.

{Wife} is presently enrolled at {College} in a Diploma program: {Program Name} (Roll number: {Roll Number}). It was a tough fight, but she has a long leave sanctioned from the college that will allow her to travel for the dates specified in the next section. {Wife} will return to India to finish her Diploma program. This program will finish next year {month-year} (Please see attached document approving the leave from college)

Thus, proving that {Wife} will return to India in order to finish her Diploma program.

I've purchased for {Wife}, a return Ticket on {Airline Name} (see attached return ticket copy, Booking reference number: {Ref Number}) between the dates of {Start date} to {end date} (total stay in Canada: 89 days)

Thus, proving {Wife}'s return plans and itinerary.

Ever since we formed a liking towards each other and decided to get Married, I've visited {Wife} 3 times in total. (See Document for travel proofs). As noted below:

{I inserted a table here outlining how many times I've visited my wife, from which date to what date, how long was each stay and then also gave proofs of these travels: Boarding pass copies, Ticket copies etc.}

On our last family retreat in {place}, I was only able to afford 6-7 days to go see my Wife & Parents due to work & business related engagements back in Canada. I desperately & seriously wanted more time. Even though this was a short visit, but we had a really great time together at a beautiful beach resort in Goa. This ended up being a very memorable trip for both of us that we both can never ever forget. Even better than our 1st Honeymoon, as we've developed better understanding & affection towards each other as time has passed. (See attached Travel proofs document of family retreat after marriage.)

Having visited {Wife} plenty of times already, It's only fair that she visits me atleast once now. I personally believe that this visit will be an excellent chance for her to learn more about the Canadian culture & way of living. This trip will also serve as a gentle introduction for her to see and experience how her future lifestyle & future home would look and feel like?

My younger brother and His wife are already here in Canada. Now, my parents will be arriving soon to Canada as well as they got their Super Visa recently (Arriving {parents arrival date} See attached document). Following are some important events & festivals that are upcoming in the next few months:

{I inserted a table here outlining my birthday, diwali, our wedding anniversary etc - As all these events co-incided on her planned travel dates}

I had been thinking to visit my Wife again in November-December 2015 for the 4th time. But, I do not want this to be another 1-2 weeks visit: It's too short for us. Besides, I can either be in India or be in Canada for these events & festivals. Either way, I'll miss on the other important part of my family. It turns out It's easier, economical, sensible, fruitful, logical & more manageable for 1 person (my wife) to fly from India to Canada then for 5 people to fly from Canada to India (ie: Myself, my mother, my father, my brother, her wife). Given our honest intentions are to unify the family atleast temporarily for these important Milestones, Festivals & Events.

Thus, it's preferable if she visits me rather than me visiting her this time.

{Wife} understands & acknowledges very well that she cannot overstay than what will be allowed as per her Visitor Visa. Anything that may jeopardize her Permanent Residency application is something that she will refrain from doing and respect the laws and statues set forth by this Nation. In addition to this, {Wife}'s only intentions behind this Application is to just be with her Husband, cherish the lovely moments & make life-long memories. She also has no interest or intentions of working or seeking work while she is here, nor do anything else that may violate the terms of her Visitor Visa and ultimately jeopardize her chance at being with her Husband forever.

Thus, proving that {Wife} has no intentions to overstay or to not return, as that may jeopardize her Permanent Residency Application and any chance at Immigrating to Canada as a PR.

During her stay with me, {Wife} will live with me in my home in {City}, therefore she will not require to bear or worry about any living expenses (See attached document home mortgage statement). I will be the one driving her around the city so she will have no transportation expenses either. All her food, entertainment & misc expenses will be taken care by me. I usually undertake 2 or 3 in-person client meetings once or twice each week in Downtown Toronto and work rest of the days from my home-office. So, I will have ample time to spend with my wife and be always in her sight. Which I know she will enjoy and appreciate very much, Thus making the most out of this trip and maximizing from her Visit. Since my parents will be here (on {date} - on Super Visa), my brother and his wife are already here. On weekends, I plan to take out the whole Family and head out into the City at various restaurants and shopping malls such as {a few popular shopping malls in the city} etc. We have plans to head out to {a few local attractions and nearby tourist spots} etc. as well.

Being a successful Entrepreneur, I maintain a healthy bank balance (see attached Bank Statements) & have a sufficient pipeline of work (See attached screenshots of one recent email approving work).

Thus proving that {Wife} has financial resources & means to meet her travel expenses while her stay in Canada.

Proven track record & history of successful returns of previously sponsored Visitors by the Sponsor: In the past I've invited my mother and father on Visitor Visas. My mother has made 2 visits and my father has made 1 visit to Canada. None of them overstayed their permitted Visa durations. They respected & complied with Canadian Immigration, Civil & Criminal Laws with utmost respect.

Thus, respecting & complying with rules, regulations, laws & statues of a Country is something that we take very seriously. And I have no shadow of doubt that {Wife} will follow suit.

Even though I've not done it yet, I'm committed to purchase a travel insurance policy for the duration of her stay in Canada for a minimum of $100,000 CAD before she lands in Canada. I'm just receiving quotes from a few Insurance agents before settling down with one.

Thus, neither Canadian Taxpayers nor myself will need to bear any unexpected medical costs for her.

Having considered {Wife}'s strong family ties back in India, ongoing college enrolment, proof of purchased & confirmed return ticket, lack of any criminal record, healthy amount of funds for her stay in Canada, No intentions to jeopardize the in-progress PR application and Inviter's proven track record of successfully returned Visitors as well as my business & assets.

I sincerely request and positively hope that you can listen to this heart-felt request of two loving hearts that are dying to meet & see each other, and unify them, even if it's for sometime.

Thank you,
{Sponsor Name}

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Update: My Wife arrived in Canada this week. Thanks everyone.

anna1001

Dec 17, 2015
I applied online on Nov.25 for my husband and have not gotten a reply. The flight was Dec. 16 I sent an email to Chandigarh with a new flight on the 22 and shorten the duration of the visit to 2 week from 3 weeks saying that my husband will be back Jan.6 as intended. Do you think I still have a chance to get a visa for my husband? Should I do anything else?

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Can anyone tell me:

(1) How you can convince the VO about your "PURPOSE OF VISIT"? What they expect? What is the most convincing way to write your purpose of visit?
(2) How they will be convinced that you have strong local ties while your spouse is in Canada? What local ties will weight more compared to your Canadian ties (wife & childrens are Canadian living there).

I think those two are the major hurdles to overcome when you are applying for a TRV pending spousal PR application. It is quite spontaneous on the part of the visa officers to refuse you just mentioning those two easy points.

neethak

Apr 13, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
June 22, 2015
Med's Done....
March 19, 2015
Hello All,

As some might know we applied for my husband's TRV on Dec 2nd paper application in Bangalore. Like most of us have experienced, it got rejected. :mad:
The refusal reason given was - my husband - (we have lived together for 21 months in India) did not have a valid purpose to visit me in Canada. :'( We gave the letter from employer- he works in a corporate company - gave 2 way air ticket - medical insurance for the travel period good bank balance on both our ends etc etc...

The interesting part is we only requested for a 3 week visit to Canada. We are living apart for over 9 months now :(
As everyone here who got their TRV rejected, we are also in total darkness as to why they keep rejecting genuine TRV applicants blindly.

We all apply for TRV because this sponsorship takes way too long and also employers in Canada are not flexible enough to grant 3-4 weeks of vacation in one go. Sad and Disappointed.

Hasan9999 said:
Can anyone tell me:

(1) How you can convince the VO about your "PURPOSE OF VISIT"? What they expect? What is the most convincing way to write your purpose of visit?
(2) How they will be convinced that you have strong local ties while your spouse is in Canada? What local ties will weight more compared to your Canadian ties (wife & childrens are Canadian living there).

I think those two are the major hurdles to overcome when you are applying for a TRV pending spousal PR application. It is quite spontaneous on the part of the visa officers to refuse you just mentioning those two easy points.

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
anthonyr_r said:
@jsingh89 Thanks alot for sharing your letter. My wife and I applied for her Visa and after using your format and adding my own twist with alot of proof, she got approved in 2 days. I will be seeing her shortly, her passport is being sent back. :) :D ;D.

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) ;) :) :D ;D
Congratulations sir! One of my other friends used my letter as well and her Wife was able to successfully secure a TRV for herself as well. I'm glad that my letter was able to help so many people! :)

PS: I just got an update on my wife's PR application. Our eCas status is showing "Decision Made", so we are now just waiting for her PPR 8) Since, she's already here with me in Canada, she won't have to go back now.

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
rj04 said:
Update: My Wife arrived in Canada this week. Thanks everyone.
Congratulations!

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
I think You gotta have strong cover letter and reason. My reason was to celebrate our first anniversary, New Year and our birthdays ( they happen to follow within 1 month. :) ).

npcanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2015
AOR Received.
01-12-2015
File Transfer...
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-07-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-Dec-2016
My wife has applied for a TRV on Dec 21 through VFS in Mumbai and it has been forwarded & been processed in Bangalore.

Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully they grant her TRV.......... ;)

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi,

I am glad that everyone in this forum is helping each other. The forum started by tannygirl is helping many people including me and I am glad that we are passing the information around for others also to help.

Congratulations sir! One of my other friends used my letter as well and her Wife was able to successfully secure a TRV for herself as well. I'm glad that my letter was able to help so many people! Smiley

PS: I just got an update on my wife's PR application. Our eCas status is showing "Decision Made", so we are now just waiting for her PPR Cool Since, she's already here with me in Canada, she won't have to go back now.
[/font]

Jsingh89 - You applied for your wife's PR in Feb 2015 rite? Your ECAS is showing decision made? That's very good news! I hope NDVO starts moving faster now. DId you do anything else in addition to waiting like e.g. following up, contacting CIC etc? Please let us know if you have done anything in addition to waiting to move your wife's PR application faster.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
vnarayan said:
Hi,

I am glad that everyone in this forum is helping each other. The forum started by tannygirl is helping many people including me and I am glad that we are passing the information around for others also to help.

Congratulations sir! One of my other friends used my letter as well and her Wife was able to successfully secure a TRV for herself as well. I'm glad that my letter was able to help so many people! Smiley

PS: I just got an update on my wife's PR application. Our eCas status is showing "Decision Made", so we are now just waiting for her PPR Cool Since, she's already here with me in Canada, she won't have to go back now.
[/font]

Jsingh89 - You applied for your wife's PR in Feb 2015 rite? Your ECAS is showing decision made? That's very good news! I hope NDVO starts moving faster now. DId you do anything else in addition to waiting like e.g. following up, contacting CIC etc? Please let us know if you have done anything in addition to waiting to move your wife's PR application faster.

Thanks and Regards,
Vinod
Hello Vinod,

I've literally done nothing out of the way or extra ordinary than just wait for things to progress naturally. I did not called CIC, I did however sent the Delhi NDVO an email asking if they require anymore documents from my side? I never received a reply to that email. This email was sent around July or August. And yes, we applied for her in Feb 2015. So, she's a Feb 2015 Applicant.

UPDATE: My wife got her Passport request yesterday and I've dispatched her passport to Ottawa yesterday itself. We are hoping for CoPR/Landing papers to arrive between 4th-8th Jan 2016.

dd0116

Sep 21, 2015
I applied for my wife's TRV and came back rejected. I provided reasons such as it's her birthday and our anniversary coming up in Jan. It was a paper application sent to B'lore from Mumbai. Is there any way to submit application at New Delhi?

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015