+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa GRANTED!(Wife of PR)

vnarayan

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
@RohitCan,

Ofcourse you can apply for TRV. Please read this forum carefully as it answers almost all the questions by everybody and also the document checklist needed for TRV application.

Please follow that and I am sure you will also get the TRV. My wife got 1 year multiple entry TRV for Canada while her PR is in process. So, it is absolutely possible to get TRV and lot of people in this forum have also got it.

Cheers,
Vinod

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
Just a huge thanks to everyone in this thread!!!

I filed in for my wife's PR Sponsorship application in early Feb 2015. So, it's already close to 7 months now.

I finally attempted a TRV for her on 21st Sep, 2015. She got her TRV (6 month single entry) just this morning (total processing time: 8 days.) Now, she's visiting me next week. 8) :D :D 8)

Now, I'm hoping while she's here, she gets her Passport Request. :-*

Again, a huge thanks to everyone in this thread. I borrowed from this thread whatever was applicable in my scenario and we finally got it!!

BhaveshCanada

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Doc's Request.
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
I wish we got it yesterday ;-)
LANDED..........
in my arms
Visitor visa for spouse

Hi all,
This is a desperate request for help. Me and my wife are planning to apply for her visitor visa and really skeptical if she will get it accepted.
Here is our story: We are in a long distance relationship since Sept 2013. Last year May and July 2014, she applied for tourist visa and it was rejected based on the reasons that she doesn't have enough ties back home (as she is a student) and insufficient funds. So I went to India in July and we got married in Aug 2014. We applied for her PR this year Feb (2015), got our SA in May 2015, AOR2 from NDVO in July 2015. We are desperately waiting for in-progress status but afraid to apply considering her previous rejected applications.

Apart from that, our marriage is court marriage. Can anyone help us with a checklist of required documents?
Also a sample invitation letter. My email id is bhavesh @ xappert.com

Thanks everyone in advance
Wish you guys good luck to meet your love soon

VN

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
thanks so much tanny, we followed your list and got the trv!! really appreciate your help and all others who contributed to this thread.

Now as far as interview at the airport goes, do you guys know if there is a thread on that??

rohitcan

Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2014
Doc's Request.
Docs Reached 26 May 2015
Nomination.....
03-02-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2015
File Transfer...
25-02-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015/TLU - 20 May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR 12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2015
hello all first of all congrats to all who got TRVs ,
my scenario is that my wife is not working here in india and she never done any job previously as well ,

how can we show the tie ups to our home country as no property in her name too , kindly advise

BhaveshCanada

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2015
Doc's Request.
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
I wish we got it yesterday ;-)
LANDED..........
in my arms
rohitcan said:
my scenario is that my wife is not working here in india and she never done any job previously as well ,

how can we show the tie ups to our home country as no property in her name too , kindly advise
I have the same question too. Need help here please

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
rohitcan said:

Hello Rohit, my wife has never had a job ever in the past, and she's presently a student. She has no personal income or property to show as well. But we still got her TRV.

I've sponsored my mother and father in the past. My mother has visited me twice on TRV, so I mentioned that in my letter as well as both my parents went back on time and I assured Visa Officer that it'll be the same case this time as well. I'll be glad to share the letters that me and my wife wrote to prove her ties to India.

SR0715

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
jsingh89 said:
Just a huge thanks to everyone in this thread!!!

I filed in for my wife's PR Sponsorship application in early Feb 2015. So, it's already close to 7 months now.

I finally attempted a TRV for her on 21st Sep, 2015. She got her TRV (6 month single entry) just this morning (total processing time: 8 days.) Now, she's visiting me next week. 8) :D :D 8)

Now, I'm hoping while she's here, she gets her Passport Request. :-*

Again, a huge thanks to everyone in this thread. I borrowed from this thread whatever was applicable in my scenario and we finally got it!!
Hello,

Did you apply online or via post/paper?

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
In order to maintain my privacy, I've redacted any personally identifiable details. This is only one letter that I wrote, if you read the full thing you'll find out what all Documents I attached. In addition to this, my Wife wrote one letter as well. I'll post that soon as well.

I personally believe that our reasons and circumstances were very honest and genuine. If you have such honest and genuine scenarios, you just need to put forth your case forth in an appealing and convincing manner. VO's are humans too and they sympathize with your situation and circumstances. They'll reject your Visa's only if they are NOT convinced, so it's your Job to CONVINCE them.

My wife has no travel history to any other country, nor does she have any job history or income or property. She still got a 6 month-single entry TRV.

{sponsor details}

High Commission of Canada,
{Visa Office you are applying to}

To Immigration & Visa Officer,

My name is {sponsor}, an Indian Citizen, born on {date}, and currently residing in {city you are living in}. My email is {email} & cellphone contact number is {cell number}. I’m self-employed and running a very successful {business domain} business here in the {city} since {year}.

My purpose for writing this invitation letter is to invite Mrs. {wife's name}, my loving, charming, caring & bubbly Wife, whom I’m missing to death since we last met in July 2015 (complete travel history to follow). The main purpose of {wife's name}'s visit to Canada is to spend some quality time with myself, especially to ensure that we are together with each other on the day of our first wedding anniversary, which is a few months away now ({date}). Being such a major milestone for a newly wedded couple - We do not want to leave any stone unturned to be together while fulfilling this milestone. We both miss each other desperately and this distance is really taking it’s toll on our beautiful relationship, turning our life to a torturous one.

DISCLOSURE: We already have an application under Family Class in progress for {wife} where I’ve Sponsored {wife}. I’ve already received a positive decision on my Sponsorship Application & met the eligibility to be a Sponsor. We are waiting from New Delhi Visa office for the next steps. (Please see attached letter from CIC dated {date})

Wife's UCI: {UCI}
My UCI: {UCI}
Application Number: {Application Number}

I would like you to consider {Wife}'s Visa Application for the following reasons:

{Wife} was born in {place of birth} and has been living in {place of birth} all her life. From where {wife} is right now, she enjoys the company & comfort of her paternal grandfather, mother, brother, 1 paternal uncle & aunt, their 2 children (her cousins): of whom 1 is married with a young kid & 1 is undergoing his study at a Local college. On her Mother’s side she has her great-grandmother, great-grandfather, grandmother, grandfather, 1 maternal uncle-aunt & their 2 beautiful young daughters. All of this in the form of a very loving & close knit family, All of these mentioned family members & relatives are living in the same city roughly 10 minutes drive away from each other.

Her entire family has lived in the same house/address for roughly last 25 years ({Wife's address}) Even after her fathers demise in {year} her family has continued to live in the same house ever since. {Wife} likes to split her time between living with my parents in India & living with her own mother from time to time because the two places are just 2 minutes away from each other. (Please see attached identity documents of {Wife}, Mother & Brother for home address.)

Thus, proving {Wife}'s strong family ties in India, other than myself.

{Wife} is presently enrolled at {College} in a Diploma program: {Program Name} (Roll number: {Roll Number}). It was a tough fight, but she has a long leave sanctioned from the college that will allow her to travel for the dates specified in the next section. {Wife} will return to India to finish her Diploma program. This program will finish next year {month-year} (Please see attached document approving the leave from college)

Thus, proving that {Wife} will return to India in order to finish her Diploma program.

I’ve purchased for {Wife}, a return Ticket on {Airline Name} (see attached return ticket copy, Booking reference number: {Ref Number}) between the dates of {Start date} to {end date} (total stay in Canada: 89 days)

Thus, proving {Wife}’s return plans and itinerary.

Ever since we formed a liking towards each other and decided to get Married, I’ve visited {Wife} 3 times in total. (See Document for travel proofs). As noted below:

{I inserted a table here outlining how many times I've visited my wife, from which date to what date, how long was each stay and then also gave proofs of these travels: Boarding pass copies, Ticket copies etc.}

On our last family retreat in {place}, I was only able to afford 6-7 days to go see my Wife & Parents due to work & business related engagements back in Canada. I desperately & seriously wanted more time. Even though this was a short visit, but we had a really great time together at a beautiful beach resort in Goa. This ended up being a very memorable trip for both of us that we both can never ever forget. Even better than our 1st Honeymoon, as we’ve developed better understanding & affection towards each other as time has passed. (See attached Travel proofs document of family retreat after marriage.)

Having visited {Wife} plenty of times already, It’s only fair that she visits me atleast once now. I personally believe that this visit will be an excellent chance for her to learn more about the Canadian culture & way of living. This trip will also serve as a gentle introduction for her to see and experience how her future lifestyle & future home would look and feel like?

My younger brother and His wife are already here in Canada. Now, my parents will be arriving soon to Canada as well as they got their Super Visa recently (Arriving {parents arrival date} See attached document). Following are some important events & festivals that are upcoming in the next few months:

{I inserted a table here outlining my birthday, diwali, our wedding anniversary etc - As all these events co-incided on her planned travel dates}

I had been thinking to visit my Wife again in November-December 2015 for the 4th time. But, I do not want this to be another 1-2 weeks visit: It’s too short for us. Besides, I can either be in India or be in Canada for these events & festivals. Either way, I’ll miss on the other important part of my family. It turns out It’s easier, economical, sensible, fruitful, logical & more manageable for 1 person (my wife) to fly from India to Canada then for 5 people to fly from Canada to India (ie: Myself, my mother, my father, my brother, her wife). Given our honest intentions are to unify the family atleast temporarily for these important Milestones, Festivals & Events.

Thus, it’s preferable if she visits me rather than me visiting her this time.

{Wife} understands & acknowledges very well that she cannot overstay than what will be allowed as per her Visitor Visa. Anything that may jeopardize her Permanent Residency application is something that she will refrain from doing and respect the laws and statues set forth by this Nation. In addition to this, {Wife}'s only intentions behind this Application is to just be with her Husband, cherish the lovely moments & make life-long memories. She also has no interest or intentions of working or seeking work while she is here, nor do anything else that may violate the terms of her Visitor Visa and ultimately jeopardize her chance at being with her Husband forever.

Thus, proving that {Wife} has no intentions to overstay or to not return, as that may jeopardize her Permanent Residency Application and any chance at Immigrating to Canada as a PR.

During her stay with me, {Wife} will live with me in my home in {City}, therefore she will not require to bear or worry about any living expenses (See attached document home mortgage statement). I will be the one driving her around the city so she will have no transportation expenses either. All her food, entertainment & misc expenses will be taken care by me. I usually undertake 2 or 3 in-person client meetings once or twice each week in Downtown Toronto and work rest of the days from my home-office. So, I will have ample time to spend with my wife and be always in her sight. Which I know she will enjoy and appreciate very much, Thus making the most out of this trip and maximizing from her Visit. Since my parents will be here (on {date} - on Super Visa), my brother and his wife are already here. On weekends, I plan to take out the whole Family and head out into the City at various restaurants and shopping malls such as {a few popular shopping malls in the city} etc. We have plans to head out to {a few local attractions and nearby tourist spots} etc. as well.

Being a successful Entrepreneur, I maintain a healthy bank balance (see attached Bank Statements) & have a sufficient pipeline of work (See attached screenshots of one recent email approving work).

Thus proving that {Wife} has financial resources & means to meet her travel expenses while her stay in Canada.

Proven track record & history of successful returns of previously sponsored Visitors by the Sponsor: In the past I’ve invited my mother and father on Visitor Visas. My mother has made 2 visits and my father has made 1 visit to Canada. None of them overstayed their permitted Visa durations. They respected & complied with Canadian Immigration, Civil & Criminal Laws with utmost respect.

Thus, respecting & complying with rules, regulations, laws & statues of a Country is something that we take very seriously. And I have no shadow of doubt that {Wife} will follow suit.

Even though I’ve not done it yet, I’m committed to purchase a travel insurance policy for the duration of her stay in Canada for a minimum of $100,000 CAD before she lands in Canada. I’m just receiving quotes from a few Insurance agents before settling down with one.

Thus, neither Canadian Taxpayers nor myself will need to bear any unexpected medical costs for her.

Having considered {Wife}'s strong family ties back in India, ongoing college enrolment, proof of purchased & confirmed return ticket, lack of any criminal record, healthy amount of funds for her stay in Canada, No intentions to jeopardize the in-progress PR application and Inviter’s proven track record of successfully returned Visitors as well as my business & assets.

I sincerely request and positively hope that you can listen to this heart-felt request of two loving hearts that are dying to meet & see each other, and unify them, even if it’s for sometime.

Thank you,
{Sponsor Name}

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
SR0715 said:
Hello,

Did you apply online or via post/paper?
I've already answered this, please track back the thread.

SR0715

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-09-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-10-2016
jsingh89 said:
I've already answered this, please track back the thread.
No you didnt. YOu can please track back and see if you did or not.

jsingh89

Sep 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
2-Aug-2016
SR0715 said:
No you didnt. YOu can please track back and see if you did or not.
My apologies, I did answered the question but in a different thread, Please check this:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2015-spousal-visa-applicants-t258676.0.html;msg4669327#msg4669327

cool_fs4u

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
File Transfer...
14-09-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Passport Req..
13-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2016
Is there any minimum funds requirement for the visitor? How much fund is sufficient?

VishalPriya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1:17-June-2015 AOR2: 23-July-2015
File Transfer...
SA & File transfer 13-July-2015. IP 9-OCT-15
Med's Done....
28-Feb-2015
cool_fs4u said:
Is there any minimum funds requirement for the visitor? How much fund is sufficient?
There is no min. funds requirement. But if you show more then it will be plus point for visa approval..

georgianc

Sep 17, 2011
@jsingh89

Congratulations to you and your wife for successful TRV application.

I also applied last month but my TRV got rejected. Reasons were:

Travel history (although I have traveled abroad before for my studies)
Insufficient funds (we showed around $20,000 from my husband's side and 5,00,000 INR from my side)
Family ties in Canada and home country

I am not sure whether we should re-apply or not? If we should go ahead, what documents have to be reconsidered for filing TRV again?

Looking forward to suggestions as it is very stressful after getting the TRV refused :(