+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - gf from Philippines - passport submission request

zcypher

Apr 6, 2016
Thank you :)

She picked up the visa, and it turned out to be approved for multiple entry, amazing. Her passport and thus the visa too is expiring next spring though. But still, can't believe it. So happy...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Congratulations. :)

My relative got the notification from VFS last Friday that their passport was forwarded to the courier, but still haven't received it until now. A bit worried if they don't get it by today. It's not like Manila is very big.

S_and_C

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11, 2016 (recd June 13 by CIC)
AOR Received.
June 30, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: August 11, 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front: May 5, 2016
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Congrats zcypher on the TRV. :) Prior to getting married (April 7, 2016), my wife and I applied twice for TRV over the past year and was rejected, and when I compare with your situation it becomes clear that the main reason was likely due to proving strong ties to her home country, i.e. your gf has a child back home and she's been out of the country already on trips with you.

When we applied we got the following rejection reasons: 1. No strong ties, because my wife has no kids of her own and no assets like house or car in her name. 2. Travel History, because she hasn't travelled outside the Philippines before and 3. Financial Assets, where they focussed on just what she had in her bank account and me saying I'd support her during her visit made no difference, in their opinion she did not have enough funds for the trip.

We plan to reapply for a TRV later once we gather our remaining documents for applying for our PRV. We are hoping to have her visit during PRV processing because it's just so hard being apart for so long. Unless the Liberal government comes through and drastically reduces the processing time of Family class PRV applications... We can only hope. :)

Congratulations again and keep us updated. :)

Rhodraine28

May 17, 2016
zcypher said:
The "reason" given was the truth which was for her to come visit me for my birthday, and meet friends and family. This was carefully written in both her letter of explanation and my letter of invitation. She has a kid over there, so we included a small mention of her wanting to come back to visit with her next time. She included the kid's birth certificate and affidavit for solo parent ID. I looked up examples of other people's letters of invitation and created mine using those as a general guide.

The fact that I had visited there twice already recently and we had traveled together outside of the Philippines was clearly explained and the proof of our relationship was included (just a few pictures of me with her and her family).

I made every effort to ensure her application was as perfect as possible in their eyes. No spelling or grammar mistakes, no poorly formatted parts, also filled out one of the "optional" documents, provided as much proof of everything as I could even if it wasn't explicitly called for. Even though she doesn't have savings, I still made her include months of bank statements, and I included mine as well. Tax documents for both of us.

In the end I was able to fill out all the required sections but I was still sure it would be rejected considering she's not employed, has no savings, and fairly little to prove she would return. I'm shocked that it was approved and kinda freaking out now hehe. Can't wait! I wonder what kind of visa they will give, since they started "automatically considering everyone for multiple entry", it's no longer a separate thing to apply for.

Hello Sir,
Do you mind if I send you a message on your inbox?
I'd like to ask few questions regarding your gf's application process -- hoping it could also help us in our plan to apply for one as well.

Thanks in advance.God bless

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
Hi.

My cousins application was submitted May 24th and we received 2 emails already that they updated her account but we can't seem to find it. Nothing new at all. What do you think for the reason why is it not showing up? Thanks

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
europegirl said:
Hi.

My cousins application was submitted May 24th and we received 2 emails already that they updated her account but we can't seem to find it. Nothing new at all. What do you think for the reason why is it not showing up? Thanks
It's common. Often there are activities behind the scenes. Look for a "you have a new message" update in your email inbox.

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
simplyaddo said:
It's common. Often there are activities behind the scenes. Look for a "you have a new message" update in your email inbox.
Thank you so much. Will look into that instead.