+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from outside of Canada) applicants of March 2020

Azlaan

Apr 19, 2020
Hi,

i have a question for the people who applied for a visitor visa (from outside of Canada) in march 2020. Have you received a passport request? What was your timeline?

My application is still in progress. i got the correspondance letter on the next day of submitting the application but haven't heard back since. The webform response was pretty useless as well.

Last edited:

mittu2021

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hi,

i have a question for the people who applied for a visitor visa (outside of Canada) in march 2020. Have you received a passport request? What was your timeline?

My application is still in progress. i got the correspondance letter on the next day of submitting the application but haven't heard back since. The webform response was pretty useless as well.
hi
we applied in march first week.
recd passport req on 4 aug.
submitted passports to abu dhabi via vfs Doha on 11 August
tracking shows" in process at canadian embassy abu dhabi since 11 august"
its so stressfull!!

Azlaan

Apr 19, 2020
hi
we applied in march first week.
recd passport req on 4 aug.
submitted passports to abu dhabi via vfs Doha on 11 August
tracking shows" in process at canadian embassy abu dhabi since 11 august"
its so stressfull!!
Congrats on receiving the passport request. Hope the stamping process completes soon for you.

Btw who did you apply for and what‘s the nationality of the visitor?

Reactions: KATHIA08

Kh2020

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
I applied TRV in March VO Abu Dhabi. A week ago the eligibility status changed to We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Since now no update

Last edited:

canadaapr

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
visit visa, myself & my husband . india
Hi, did you apply from India and then moved to Doha or you directly applied from Doha.
I want to apply for my father, who is in India, and the planning to move to USA for biometrics and passport submission. Is this possible?

ItsTrue

Jan 16, 2020
@Kh2020 Are you exempted from current travel restrictions ?

TRV, (Abu Dhabi) - Applied 3rd week May, 2020, received PPR first week of August, passport stamped and returned from Abu Dhabi VO within 10 days. Exempted foreign worker, just got back to Canada few days back.

Looks like VO is only processing applications for those who are exempted from travel restrictions, rest are low in priority. Only exempted folks can travel at the moment so rest seems to be on hold. But really for how long ? Doesn't sound like good plan to just keep applications on hold until restrictions are lifted. Will only end up in huge backlog I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Srisow

ItsTrue

Jan 16, 2020
To vent a little bit, I ponder how these restrictions logically make sense ? Viruses don't know nationalities, people are people. If plan was to stop all non-essential travel, should have applied to all categories. Sightseeing and other unrelated travel should be restricted, but how does creating a rule for visa holders vs permanent really helps. Lots of people, families all have been impacted by these restrictions.

The plane I flew in carried like over 200 people, 96% people were CC/PR's, only like 9-10 TRV's. That plane flies almost daily and is always full. So travellers are coming in no doubt. There was no PCR test or any other sort of test on arrival (at least flights going out Dubai made sure to do some bit of testing) Better measures should be installed in place rather than just imposing restrictions on the entire full blown category.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The plane I flew in carried like over 200 people, 96% people were CC/PR's, only like 9-10 TRV's. That plane flies almost daily and is always full. So travellers are coming in no doubt. There was no PCR test or any other sort of test on arrival (at least flights going out Dubai made sure to do some bit of testing) Better measures should be installed in place rather than just imposing restrictions on the entire full blown category.
While there are no PCR test on arrival in Canadian airports, but were test in Dubai reliable? I doubt it because in the past I heard a traveler flight to HKG from Dubai had tested positive upon the PCR test on arrival.

mittu2021

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
@Kh2020 Are you exempted from current travel restrictions ?

TRV, (Abu Dhabi) - Applied 3rd week May, 2020, received PPR first week of August, passport stamped and returned from Abu Dhabi VO within 10 days. Exempted foreign worker, just got back to Canada few days back.

Looks like VO is only processing applications for those who are exempted from travel restrictions, rest are low in priority. Only exempted folks can travel at the moment so rest seems to be on hold. But really for how long ? Doesn't sound like good plan to just keep applications on hold until restrictions are lifted. Will only end up in huge backlog I guess.
agreed but at least they should Stamp the Passports they have !!!!!!!
Our passports are with Abudhabi since 11 august. we need to leave qatar asap as my husband has changed job.
its so so stressfull.

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
Hi,

i have a question for the people who applied for a visitor visa (from outside of Canada) in march 2020. Have you received a passport request? What was your timeline?

I applied on March 18, 2020. Received my biometric correspondence letter on Aug 25, 2020, and no update since then. I applied from India and my application is being processed at the Delhi office.

Alireza1234

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I applied on March 18, 2020. Received my biometric correspondence letter on Aug 25, 2020, and no update since then. I applied from India and my application is being processed at the Delhi office.
Hi. You did your biometrics already and you applied as an immediate family of a CC or PR?