+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from outside of Canada) applicants of March 2020

mittu2021

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hi, did you apply from India and then moved to Doha or you directly applied from Doha.
I want to apply for my father, who is in India, and the planning to move to USA for biometrics and passport submission. Is this possible?
we applied from Doha as we r resdents

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi. You did your biometrics already and you applied as an immediate family of a CC or PR?
I applied on March 18, 2020. Received my biometric correspondence letter on Aug 25, 2020, and no update since then. I applied from India and my application is being processed at the Delhi office.
Hi
You have applied under Immediate family member category?
Me too planning on applying as my husband is Canadian and in I’m India and wants to apply for TRV as my spousal sponsorship is still in process

Kh2020

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
Hi
You have applied under Immediate family member category?
Me too planning on applying as my husband is Canadian and in I’m India and wants to apply for TRV as my spousal sponsorship is still in process
You are exempt to travel then why so delayed. You have to a web request to IRCC

Reactions: Ziya K

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
Hi guys i am sharing my timeline for TRV, might help someone who has same situation.

Applied for TRV from India

Online confimation Aug 14 2020

Submission confirmation Aug 14

Biometrics Correspondance Letter Sep 17

Approval letter 5 mins after Sep 17
correspondance letter

Previously given biometrics and medicals
Congrats Sandy!

I'm assuming they are only issuing visitor visas to immediate family members of PR/Citizens right now?

Did they provide any instructions on passport submission or is it still a waiting game until VFS opens up?

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Thanks brother. I am a returning student, i have valid study permit but my visa got expired. So i applied for a new one.
They just sent me approval letter and instructed me that Delhi office will contact me, which will not happen until VfS gets open
Ah alright.

Just wondering in your case, would you still require some kind of supporting letter from your college to travel back or there is no such requirement since you are a returning student? I remember reading in some news articles that students with study permit issued by 18th March still need to prove their travel is non-optional, wondering if returning students are exempt from it?

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
You are exempt to travel then why so delayed. You have to a web request to IRCC
Thanks, I’m preparing my documents
Can someone help me to know what documents i need to submit for finance though the visa is for me but my husband is going to finance me. What all documents do my husband need to submit

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I am exempted from travel restrictions as i am a returning student, i have study permit iussed before march 18th.
Those who received study pernit on/after march 18th need written authorization to tavel.
Cool, thanks for sharing the info. Good luck with your travel!

Thanks, I’m preparing my documents
Can someone help me to know what documents i need to submit for finance though the visa is for me but my husband is going to finance me. What all documents do my husband need to submit
I'm not sure if the financial documents would be any different in spousal case, but when I had applied for my parents TRV I attached the following documents:
Notice of assessment (NOA) - Previous year
T4 - Previous year
Bank statements - Last 4 months
Salary slips - Last 4 months

Apart from that my parents had also attached their proof of funds anyway, like balance certificate issued by bank, property valuation (to show ties to home etc.).

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Cool, thanks for sharing the info. Good luck with your travel!

I'm not sure if the financial documents would be any different in spousal case, but when I had applied for my parents TRV I attached the following documents:
Notice of assessment (NOA) - Previous year
T4 - Previous year
Bank statements - Last 4 months
Salary slips - Last 4 months

Apart from that my parents had also attached their proof of funds anyway, like balance certificate issued by bank, property valuation (to show ties to home etc.).
I dont have financial proof to show, its all about husband. We can show this property papers and bank statements if needed

Do you think anything else I can submit, I am salaried employee but no balance in my account, I can show my income filed proof and salary slips. Not sure if this is enough?

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
I dont have financial proof to show, its all about husband. We can show this property papers and bank statements if needed

Do you think anything else I can submit, I am salaried employee but no balance in my account, I can show my income filed proof and salary slips. Not sure if this is enough?
Well the property valuation in my parents case was just to show their ties back in India, i.e. to support the argument that they will leave Canada as per the visa terms and come back to India. You don't need to attach your husband's Canadian property documents.

Since your husband will be the main financial supporter make sure to mention this in the invitation letter (from your husband) and any cover letter (from your side). You can attach your ITR and salary slips as well, but keep your husbands proofs at the starting and then add yours at the end. All these documents should be combined into a single file (PDF/DOC etc.).

Avideeps02

Aug 1, 2019
I applied on March 18, 2020. Received my biometric correspondence letter on Aug 25, 2020, and no update since then. I applied from India and my application is being processed at the Delhi office.
Good..

I am really pissed off at working of Delhi Visa office. I have applied for my parents Visitor visa in Feb,2020.. Biometrics done in Feb.. I am PR by status. Have raised web-forms and sent email to travel restrictions email but got nothing in return.. Till today.. I was thinking DVO is closed that why not getting any reply.

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Well the property valuation in my parents case was just to show their ties back in India, i.e. to support the argument that they will leave Canada as per the visa terms and come back to India. You don't need to attach your husband's Canadian property documents.

Since your husband will be the main financial supporter make sure to mention this in the invitation letter (from your husband) and any cover letter (from your side). You can attach your ITR and salary slips as well, but keep your husbands proofs at the starting and then add yours at the end. All these documents should be combined into a single file (PDF/DOC etc.).
Thanks, I will add these documents but just hope there is no rejection showing no ties with my country. I will attach as many documents as I could.
Also, I’m working do I also need to get a document from my company allowing me time off to travel?

Cybrboyin

Aug 16, 2020
I applied TRV in March VO Abu Dhabi. A week ago the eligibility status changed to We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Since now no update
Even my review of eligibility changed last week to We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.I have also applied from Abu Dhabi in July 2020. Since then no update.Generally how long does it take to get the correspondence letter and final decision after this change? Did you get an email when the review of eligibility changed?

Kh2020

Star Member
Jul 4, 2020
Due to pandemic situation all tourism company is suffered in the world. Since Feb 2020 all TRV applications on hold. They give priority to reunite of family members and exempt travelers only.

NKBawari

Apr 20, 2020
Even my review of eligibility changed last week to We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.I have also applied from Abu Dhabi in July 2020. Since then no update.Generally how long does it take to get the correspondence letter and final decision after this change? Did you get an email when the review of eligibility changed?
Hi How you know when the status changed did you get any email?