+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

NewbieToronto

Mar 1, 2021
Hello all,

anyone travelled to canada recently with visitor visa..we are thinking to book a flight ticket for my MIL but not sure how it works.

please let me know.. any input is valuable. Thank you

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Hello everyone.

This is regarding my 3 year old daughter's visitor visa application.

Me and my wife are in Canada holding SOWP and study permit respectively.

My daughter's visitor visa application status:
March 2020 (1.5 years back) : application filed
then
July 2020 : application approved. (New Delhi visa office)

But still we have not got the passport yet. The web login profile says application approved and please submit your passport for stamping.

The GCMS notes we received 1 month back says passport request was never sent... passport request sent now...

However, we are still waiting for the passport request since 1 year even though the application was approved.

Please guide us through this.The IRCC is not replying appropriately to my web forms, they are giving standard cut copy paste reply to all my web forms. The Canadian ircc helpline number can't release information on the application that are being processed out of Canada.

Does my daughter have to redo the medical. Or is there any other way to receive the passport request.

Thanks and regards
Mayur
Hi,
I applied for my son visitor visa at 3 year age (jully 2020) still waiting for visa. Did you dropped any Email for special request or any thing did you did for processing your visa.

Did your daughter had Biometric also or its is not applicable. Pleas share some idea if you have to processing the application.

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Application Date: July 7, 2021
Biometrics requested: July 8, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: July 28, 2021 (at Chennai)
Country of residence: India(TRV applied outside Canada)
Applicant is my Mother.
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): “Other COVID-19” (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder. To be present during the significant moment of the birth of our first grandchild)
Raised Travel Excemption Webform : Aug 6
Passport Request: Aug 10

This forum has been very helpful.Got so much of inputs from everyone.Thanks much everyone.

All the very best guys.Believe in GOD strongly .He will make it happen for sure.

Reactions: ps2fan and ertarun

manie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Application Date: July 7, 2021
Biometrics requested: July 8, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: July 28, 2021 (at Chennai)
Country of residence: India(TRV applied outside Canada)
Applicant is my Mother.
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): “Other COVID-19” (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder. To be present during the significant moment of the birth of our first grandchild)
Raised Travel Excemption Webform : Aug 6
Passport Request: Aug 10

This forum has been very helpful.Got so much of inputs from everyone.Thanks much everyone.

All the very best guys.Believe in GOD strongly .He will make it happen for sure.
Hi Harshara,
Congrats on your visa. I have also received the same email letter (Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification ) last week for TRV. did you communicate them through the IRCC webform link that is included in the letter? Thanks

Harshkp

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Hi Harshara,
Congrats on your visa. I have also received the same email letter (Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification ) last week for TRV. did you communicate them through the IRCC webform link that is included in the letter? Thanks
did you receive the email letter after submitting Webform to prioritize the application ? or did they approach you on their own ?

I sent webform for parents application on July 28, and no update so far.

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Hi Harshara,
Yes I raised the webform using the link provided in the letter.I got the mail on Aug 6 and raised the webform immediately.
But I didn't get any reply for that as it was only one day in between(Monday).I mean raised the webform on Friday and received the passport request on Tuesday.

Reactions: manie

manie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
did you receive the email letter after submitting Webform to prioritize the application ? or did they approach you on their own ?

I sent webform for parents application on July 28, and no update so far.
After submitting the webform

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Yes I raised the webform using the link provided in the letter.I got the mail on Aug 6 and raised the webform immediately.
But I didn't get any reply for that as it was only one day in between(Monday).I mean raised the webform on Friday and received the passport request on Tuesday.
Hi Harshara,
Congratulations! Can you send me the link for raising Travel Authorization letter?
Thanks

pruser27

Nov 6, 2019
That is correct. I used the prioritization webform. We haven’t received the passport back yet. I will update here but I think it will be most likely a multiple entry visa.
Hi,

I got passport request for my mom's visitor visa and set it last week. I could see update my account and its says the counter foil is valid from 10-Aug-2021 to 10-jan-2022. Not sure if they have given single entry visa. I thought they will give multiple entry visa for 10 years. have to wait and see.

Background: Applied for visitor visa in Nov 2020 and asked for exempentions to travel for my wife's pregnancy. They asked for medical which we did and then they said they cannot give visa without completing biometrics. Tried sending email multiple times with PHAC letter and aksing for exceptions, but they denied. Finally got PPR after giving biometrics last month and now I see the validity of counterfoil for just 5 months in MyAccount :(.

Anyone in same boat please share if you got single or multiple entry visa

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022

heena303

Apr 19, 2016
Hello

We applied for my parents visitor visa in february 2021 from india. Their biomatric was done on 19th july. I can see in group, people are getting visitor visa who applied recently like in july 2021, april 2021. I am just wondering, dose cic not following the day you applied for visa?? How should I raise to prioritize application. I am pr in canada and would like to have my parents with me as now I gave birth to child. Can anyone please help me what should I do

saifjack021

Nov 4, 2015
I applied for my dad visa last year july 2020. He did his biometric on 20july 2021. Sent webform to prioritize the application on 20 july. No update yet.

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
hi i applied for a TRV outside Canada and IRCC received the application on December 2020. until now still no update, last time i checked they're still doing a background check. is there someone who has the same situation as mine? please let me know