+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Jasmine Siddiqui

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
12-01-2019
Passport Req..
22-06-2019
When did you apply for visa ? and when did you do the biometrics ?
Applicated received 5th May 2021
Raised webform for prioritizing application to reunite with family around 25 June 2021
Receiver PPR on 30July 2021
Biometrics was done in 2019 so its valid till 10 years

Reactions: Harshkp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long did it take for you to get feedback/response from them ? Did they reply in 2 weeks period ?
Sending webforms to enquire about processing just delays the employees and all you’ll get is a standard response saying that your application is being processed and there are delays. If people only limit themselves to absolutely necessary webforms and only one that will free up more workers to process applications.

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hi,

I am a Canadian PR and recently got married in India in the end of April. I have been in India due to the current travel restrictions but will be flying back by this month end. I wanted to bring my wife along on a TRV since I will only be able to apply for a spousal PR once I reach Canada. I see that biometrics are open in many places and am looking for some advice based on the documents that we will need to upload for the TRV.

- I see mixed responses here with people getting approvals quickly and delays. So I feel I can take a chance.

I also see that in the IRCC account that we were required to send an invitation letter.

-This is where I am looking for some advice, What is the format for the invitation letter? I had resigned my job and travelled for my marriage so am a little unclear on what to fill in my letter as I see that we MUST include job title. Any advice for people who have already sent an Invitation letter would be great.

Hi, wanted to see if you got any update for Spouse TRV? I am in a similar situation and have not yet started the process. If you have any updates, could you please share? Thanks.

lt3001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Application received 5th May 2021
Raised webform for prioritizing application to reunite with family around 25 June 2021
Can you please share the link from where you raised webform and what exact details we need to mention to priortize it?

vendod

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Hi, wanted to see if you got any update for Spouse TRV? I am in a similar situation and have not yet started the process. If you have any updates, could you please share? Thanks.
I am in the situation

I am PR. Got married and got stuck here in India. I applied Visitor visa for my wife as I cannot sponsor her while I am in India as I am not a citizen yet.

My wife applied for the visa in Feb 2021 and got a biometrics request a few days after. Biometrics are done on 26th June and the application got updated as Biometrics Completed.

Now the status is showing Background verification is progress and Eligibility in progress. No update yet.

I noticed a couple of posts here saying Decision was made the next day after Biometrics are received.

Don't know what's going on there :(

Reactions: bk2018

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Hi,
My family received the biometrics letter a few days ago and it says that the biometrics have to be completed within 30 days. But I don;t see any dates for biometrics enrollment for at least 70 days. Do we need to inform IRCC regarding this? Or is there any other way to get the extension?

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
I am in the situation

I am PR. Got married and got stuck here in India. I applied Visitor visa for my wife as I cannot sponsor her while I am in India as I am not a citizen yet.

My wife applied for the visa in Feb 2021 and got a biometrics request a few days after. Biometrics are done on 26th June and the application got updated as Biometrics Completed.

Now the status is showing Background verification is progress and Eligibility in progress. No update yet.

I noticed a couple of posts here saying Decision was made the next day after Biometrics are received.

Don't know what's going on there :(
Hope you will get spouse TRV soon.

I want to initiate the process and have few questions. Can you please help with below? Thanks.

1. In form IMM5257e- what should be the purpose of visit? - Family or other? If other, then what can be specified in this option?
2. How long you plan to stay? shall this be immediate date starting today or we can provide future date and submit application now?
3. How much funds are to be specified in the form - funds available to stay?
4. Name, address and relationship of person i will visit? What to fill in this tab as I am also in India with my spouse?
5. What reason is to be provided for TRV while we both are in India?

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
That is correct. I used the prioritization webform. We haven’t received the passport back yet. I will update here but I think it will be most likely a multiple entry visa.
Hi, Please let us know how long VFS takes these days for Visa Stamping, once you get your passport back..

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Applicated received 5th May 2021
Biometrics was done in 2019 so its valid till 10 years
Applied from which country??
Your status open work permit or PR?
i applied for my son on July 2020 still waiting my status in open work permit

bk2018

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hope you will get spouse TRV soon.

I want to initiate the process and have few questions. Can you please help with below? Thanks.

1. In form IMM5257e- what should be the purpose of visit? - Family or other? If other, then what can be specified in this option?
2. How long you plan to stay? shall this be immediate date starting today or we can provide future date and submit application now?
3. How much funds are to be specified in the form - funds available to stay?
4. Name, address and relationship of person i will visit? What to fill in this tab as I am also in India with my spouse?
5. What reason is to be provided for TRV while we both are in India?
Can someone please help with these questions? Thanks.

Mayur mike

Mar 11, 2021
Hello everyone.

This is regarding my 3 year old daughter's visitor visa application.

Me and my wife are in Canada holding SOWP and study permit respectively.

My daughter's visitor visa application status:
March 2020 (1.5 years back) : application filed
then
July 2020 : application approved. (New Delhi visa office)

But still we have not got the passport yet. The web login profile says application approved and please submit your passport for stamping.

The GCMS notes we received 1 month back says passport request was never sent... passport request sent now...

However, we are still waiting for the passport request since 1 year even though the application was approved.

Please guide us through this.The IRCC is not replying appropriately to my web forms, they are giving standard cut copy paste reply to all my web forms. The Canadian ircc helpline number can't release information on the application that are being processed out of Canada.

Does my daughter have to redo the medical. Or is there any other way to receive the passport request.

Thanks and regards
Mayur

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for visitors visa for my mother . Recently she has completed her biometrics and it's updated successfully. I am a Permanent Resident and my husband is a Canadian Citizen. We have mentioned the same in our application and have uploaded all the related documents as well.
Today they have uploaded 'Information letter' in our gckey account.

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the
Purpose of Family Reunification
Good day xxxxxx,
We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in
process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when
a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill
out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.
Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured
that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible;
however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.
Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel
document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are
advised.
We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada

But I didn't raise any webform or send emails till now.
Can someone please say what does this mean??

Reactions: sagar004