+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi
I just recieved the Phac approval letter which states-
You have been approved for the following exemptions-
Entry into canada( exemption from covid 19 border restrictions)
It does not mention approval for limited release from quarantine.
Those have received phac already can u please post a screenshot of ur letter or verify this information.
Will this mean that we will not be exempt from the 3 day hotel quarantine.
Please reply
Does this PHAC approval letter means a single entry visa to Canada? Could you please explain me on PHAC? My assumption is that when PHAC gives an approval letter they will provide with a single entry visa or an exemption to skip quarantine, whatever we have requested for.

joeskc

Feb 5, 2021
I'm looking to get biometrics done for my in-laws (who already have PHAC approval) from Nepal. For people who've successfully submitted biometrics in Nepal, can you please share some details on how you did it? Is it as straight-forward as booking biometrics appointment at one of the Nepal VFS offices, and then booking flights accordingly? How long does one need to stay in Nepal? After submitting biometrics did the rest of your application continue in India, e.g. passport submission?
It would be helpful if someone can share their experience or point me to a post which describes this.. I am trying gather the same info.

So far based on couple of posts.. You can come back after your biometric but will have re-do RTPCR test even if your previous test from India is still valid.. but that's it and it doesn't answer all of the above questions

Jan 29, 2018
I want to apply TRV for my sis in law and she based out of middle east and wants to visit us to meet(NO compassionate reason). Is this allowed. If it is then -
I would like to clarify few things regarding the process. As per my understanding , first step is to create create a application in GCkey and upload the required documents.
Second step is to fill out IMM 0006e form and include it in application. How this has to be done? Please let me know.
How to get written authorization from IRCC
Is there anything else which needs to be done.

Last edited:

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Rejections also involve reviewing files so if staff is only reviewing applications in limited capacity. Think many of the Canadian staff left India so it will take some time to open. VFS open which is a start.
That was not my question at all.

IRCC is intentionally not handing out PPRs to Indian applicants due to the lockdown and VO being closed.

My question is that a lot of visa applications have been processed but is IRCC following the same pattern of withholding the PPRs? Or are they withholding handing out rejections too?

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi
I have raised a webform on 30th May to prioritize visit visa application for my parents( Have attached Phac approval letter as well).
I havnt recieved passport request yet nor any reply.
There is no change in the account activity.
Please let me know those who have gone through the process, should I raise a webform again or email ircc for Exemption.
I'm really confused and worried as what can be done, my parents were planing to fly mid July.
Its been more than 20 days no update yet :(
Any advise will be helpful.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
I have raised a webform on 30th May to prioritize visit visa application for my parents( Have attached Phac approval letter as well).
Please let me know those who have gone through the process, should I raise a webform again or email ircc for Exemption.
I'm really confused and worried as what can be done, my parents were planing to fly mid July.
Have they completed biometrics?

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi
Many of us have raised webform and haven't hear back anything from IRCC yet. They haven't approved any application ever since the travel ban was imposed around April 24. I guess they will only handle all the cases once the travel ban is removed.

newgirly2020

Feb 19, 2021
Thank you very much. Yes surely will do
Father (Visitor visa)
Application Submitted: February 25th 2021
Biometrics Request: February 26th
Biometrics Completed: February 15th
Email to IRCC for expediting the application on April 7th
Passport request on May 27th
Visa was stamped on June 2nd
Received passport on June 10th

I am very sorry for informing so late. Couldn't do so due to some reasons. Thank you so much for your guidance.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Father (Visitor visa)
Application Submitted: February 25th 2021
Biometrics Request: February 26th
Biometrics Completed: February 15th
Email to IRCC for expediting the application on April 7th
Passport request on May 27th
Visa was stamped on June 2nd
Received passport on June 10th

I am very sorry for informing so late. Couldn't do so due to some reasons. Thank you so much for your guidance.
Did u applied in India? How did u get your passport stamped?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That was not my question at all.

IRCC is intentionally not handing out PPRs to Indian applicants due to the lockdown and VO being closed.

My question is that a lot of visa applications have been processed but is IRCC following the same pattern of withholding the PPRs? Or are they withholding handing out rejections too?
The offices are operating at very limited capacity in India and the Canadian staff may have not returned to India after leaving due to the 2nd wave of covid. They are likely not set up for normal levels PPR (just emergency) and Canada doesn't want people travelling from India so there s no incentive to try to speed up the process until direct travel is allowed again.

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Posted by Canada in India twitter account:

(1/2) Attention all visa applicants with pending biometrics: if you have a biometrics instruction letter (BIL), as of June 28, 2021, you can book your biometrics appointment at a VAC in India by using the online booking tool on the VAC website. https://t.co/jqhqWotBCk

(2/2) Even if your BIL has expired, you can still book your biometrics appointment.

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Many of us have raised webform and haven't hear back anything from IRCC yet. They haven't approved any application ever since the travel ban was imposed around April 24. I guess they will only handle all the cases once the travel ban is removed.
I believe travel ban is for India, my parents are traveling from U.A.E and their visa application is from U.A.E as well. I dont think the travel ban affects their application hopefully.

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
I believe travel ban is for India, my parents are traveling from U.A.E and their visa application is from U.A.E as well. I dont think the travel ban affects their application hopefully.
Ah ok. I assumed your application is from India too as this thread is exclusivley for ppl who applied from India