+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

If I'm understanding correctly, PHAC is required for Nepal Biometric too or we can do Biometric for normal Visitor Visa as well ?

We are expecting our second baby this October and I'm planning to bring my Mother along with my elder sister for support. I'm planning to follow this process -

1. Submit the normal Visitor Visa application ( Mother and Sister together) or I need to submit separate application for my sister as she is extended family member not immediate?
2. Then as expected Biometric will be asked.
3. I will submit for PHAC approval to expedite the process
4. once PAHC approved, We will book Biometric in Delhi or Nepal whenever possible

Not sure if this would work.

your advise is highly appreciated

Thank you so much, take care!
How old is your sister. If over 22, she applies on her own and she will need to show strong ties to country and her own funds. They don’t apply together. She also needs written authorization to travel as extended family member. Since applyi
Hi All,

If I'm understanding correctly, PHAC is required for Nepal Biometric too or we can do Biometric for normal Visitor Visa as well ?

We are expecting our second baby this October and I'm planning to bring my Mother along with my elder sister for support. I'm planning to follow this process -

1. Submit the normal Visitor Visa application ( Mother and Sister together) or I need to submit separate application for my sister as she is extended family member not immediate?
2. Then as expected Biometric will be asked.
3. I will submit for PHAC approval to expedite the process
4. once PAHC approved, We will book Biometric in Delhi or Nepal whenever possible

Not sure if this would work.

your advise is highly appreciated

Thank you so much, take care!
If your sister is over 22, she needs to apply on her own. She needs to show her own ties and funds.

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
I had applied for my son visitor visa on July 2020, still no update. lot of wen forms submited still no response, we both are in Open work permit. any recommendation would be helpful.

sripradheep

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
My work permit ends on sep 2021. I appled for my extension. My wife completed her studies and she already extended her permit till jan 2025.

she came as a student and i came in open work permit. While her studies she applied for my don visitor visa

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My work permit ends on sep 2021. I appled for my extension. My wife completed her studies and she already extended her permit till jan 2025.

she came as a student and i came in open work permit. While her studies she applied for my don visitor visa
The issue may be because that originally your permits ended in 2021. Send updated webforms with your wife’s extended work permit with her employment letter and paystubs showing NOC A, B or 0 jobs, if you haven’t already done so.

May 25, 2018
1. I guess its better to submit a separate application for your sister
2. PHAC has a validity and once approved you have to travel within that date. So its better you finish the biometrics and then apply for PHAC. Now you can raise a webform to expedite the process and immigration will reply you in 14 business days.

So better first submit the online application and then focus on getting the biometrics. Also use this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html to fill out the online application.
Thank you so much.

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi guys,

I am in a unique situation. I applied for my wife's TRV on Dec 29 (Biometrics already submitted).

Yesterday at 5 pm, we received an update in GCKey that was for the Biometrics Validity - correspondence letter.

Usually, per TRV protocol, this email is always followed by a decision 5-10 minutes later.

But in our case, its been over 17 hours and we still dont have a decision.

Has anyone faced this situation before? Please share your experience, if so.
Hi,

Did you hear back anything after the correspondence letter? Could you please update on your case? I'm in a similar situation.

May 25, 2018
Please advise --
Once I submit the Online application. How can we get the biometrics done in India or Nepal. Do we need PHAC letter to book the appointment in Nepal ( I guess Delhi to totally closed)

sbliss

Aug 29, 2019
Hi folks,

Me and my wife we both are permanent residents and we had our baby 3 weeks ago. Initially, we thought to bring my mother from India before the labour but we didn't pursue or submit the application at that time because of the following reasons:
  1. At that time my mother was not fully vaccinated.
  2. Mandatory hotel quarantine for travelers.
  3. Travel ban for the flights from India because of the surge in Covid cases due to the variant.
  4. Me and my wife thought we can take care of this postpartum situation without support.
But now I need to seriously consider bringing my mother from India because my wife is having serious postpartum depression issues. We thought we will be OK after delivery but everything is overwhelming for both of us because this is our first child. I was off from my work for 3 weeks but now I need to go back for my work to meet our expenses as I am the only earning person in our case. My wife really needs a support person to recover from this otherwise I don't know how can I help her. Also now my mother is fully vaccinated (2 shots) of Covishield in India and we got the certificate of vaccination.

I wanted to ask you all that what are the chances of getting a visitor visa in the PHAC route for my mother with this vaccination certificate. Ialso heard that they are going to lift that mandatory hotel quarantine. I talked to our family doctor and he is ready to give us a letter to apply for PHAC. I truly appreciate your feedback and thanks in advance.