+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi folks,

Me and my wife we both are permanent residents and we had our baby 3 weeks ago. Initially, we thought to bring my mother from India before the labour but we didn't pursue or submit the application at that time because of the following reasons:
  1. At that time my mother was not fully vaccinated.
  2. Mandatory hotel quarantine for travelers.
  3. Travel ban for the flights from India because of the surge in Covid cases due to the variant.
  4. Me and my wife thought we can take care of this postpartum situation without support.
But now I need to seriously consider bringing my mother from India because my wife is having serious postpartum depression issues. We thought we will be OK after delivery but everything is overwhelming for both of us because this is our first child. I was off from my work for 3 weeks but now I need to go back for my work to meet our expenses as I am the only earning person in our case. My wife really needs a support person to recover from this otherwise I don't know how can I help her. Also now my mother is fully vaccinated (2 shots) of Covishield in India and we got the certificate of vaccination.

I wanted to ask you all that what are the chances of getting a visitor visa in the PHAC route for my mother with this vaccination certificate. Ialso heard that they are going to lift that mandatory hotel quarantine. I talked to our family doctor and he is ready to give us a letter to apply for PHAC. I truly appreciate your feedback and thanks in advance.
Has your mother done biometrics? If they eliminate hotel quarantine for vaccinated it will be only for citizens and PRs according to news reports. Given the travel ban don’t believe Canada will want to encourage any firm of travel unless it is life or death and resources aren’t available in Canada. Have you explored options in Canada like a nanny, babysitter of housekeeper when you go back to work. Even if approved your MIL will take a while to be able to arrive. Has your wife being diagnosed with PPD? Receiving treatment? Seems quite early if it is just before 3 weeks to be sure this is just not a combination of hormones, lack of sleep, stress, being new parents, body recovering, etc. It’s around this time things can become a bit more manageable and you can start feeling more like yourself but also can clearly become more of a mental illness and require treatment,

Last edited:

ravi2018

Oct 18, 2018
I recieved medical request for my mom after getting the PHAC approval. Should I still need to raise the web form for travelexemption inquiry ? Can some one please advise Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I recieved medical request for my mom after getting the PHAC approval. Should I still need to raise the web form for travelexemption inquiry ? Can some one please advise Thanks
Does the PHAC letter state that your mom is exempted from the medical? If not, she will need to do the medical.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People seem to be under the false impression that PHAC, especially for normal pregnancy, excuses them from all visa steps.

dibs.ab

Mar 15, 2021
I'm looking to get biometrics done for my in-laws (who already have PHAC approval) from Nepal. For people who've successfully submitted biometrics in Nepal, can you please share some details on how you did it? Is it as straight-forward as booking biometrics appointment at one of the Nepal VFS offices, and then booking flights accordingly? How long does one need to stay in Nepal? After submitting biometrics did the rest of your application continue in India, e.g. passport submission?

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
When did u received PHAC approval? and in how many days?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm looking to get biometrics done for my in-laws (who already have PHAC approval) from Nepal. For people who've successfully submitted biometrics in Nepal, can you please share some details on how you did it? Is it as straight-forward as booking biometrics appointment at one of the Nepal VFS offices, and then booking flights accordingly? How long does one need to stay in Nepal? After submitting biometrics did the rest of your application continue in India, e.g. passport submission?
Have you contacted Vfs Nepal to see if they’re open due to the covid surge? Would add that if you make it to Canada you will need to quarantine away from your daughter unless she has a separate basement suite. Pregnant women and infant are considered more vulnerable to covid.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Has anyone received any decisions on their TRV applications from India?

I know a few people (including myself) that got Biometrics Validity Letter (Correspondence Letter) in GCKey but no decision. Are they holding back all decisions since the VACs are closed? It does not make sense to hold back rejections.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Has anyone received any decisions on their TRV applications from India?

I know a few people (including myself) that got Biometrics Validity Letter (Correspondence Letter) in GCKey but no decision. Are they holding back all decisions since the VACs are closed? It does not make sense to hold back rejections.
Rejections also involve reviewing files so if staff is only reviewing applications in limited capacity. Think many of the Canadian staff left India so it will take some time to open. VFS open which is a start.