+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well thank you for the insight. FYI the query was raised by the pregnant lady herself and not by her husband. Thanks anyways.
I apologize. If this was an emergency and your life was at risk there is a good chance that biometrics may be waived but that isn't the case and it sounds like you do have a partner for support you are not alone. You should certainly try but a normal pregnancy is not really a case for PHAC. Women having a normal pregnancy seem to have started applying for PHAC and it looks like they allowed a few parents not to submit biometrics but when many parents of pregnant women applied it looks like came to a compromise by granting PHAC but requiring biometrics. For many it ended being more complicated because most got a single entry visa with a short expiry date.

Aarti2301

Aug 30, 2019
Hi,
I am currently in India and my husband is in Canada since April 2019 on work permit. I had kept my PR file in January 2020 and was in the hopes that it would be approved by July 2020. Pandemic struck and everything has come to a standstill even though everything in my file is aporoved. Now it has been more than 2 years I met my husband. I recently applied for visit visa and also raised the webform for prioritizing the application. It has been 2 weeks since with no reply from them. Is there anything else I should be doing? Anxiously waiting for something good to happen.

Oceanna

Jun 12, 2018
Hi I recently stumbled upon this post. I am a PR in Canada, currently 8months pregnant and I applied for my parents visitor visa in January but since VFS was closed the file is still waiting at biometrics stage. I applied for their PHAC approval around 18days back but didn’t receive any reply for them except the automated email about successful submission. I am aware that the PHAC doesn’t usually take that long to revert on file. Is anyone having the same issue.? Or if anyone was able to get approval after the travel ban on India.?
I am having the same issue but waiting to hear for my husband to join me. He already has biometrics, but we haven't heard anything from PHAC and submitted May 10

Dil_sidhu

May 26, 2021
I am having the same issue but waiting to hear for my husband to join me. He already has biometrics, but we haven't heard anything from PHAC and submitted May 10
I am assuming that the travel ban on India/Pakistan might have a role in these delays since the whole purpose of travel ban will be defeated if they’ll allow travellers from these countries.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am currently in India and my husband is in Canada since April 2019 on work permit. I had kept my PR file in January 2020 and was in the hopes that it would be approved by July 2020. Pandemic struck and everything has come to a standstill even though everything in my file is aporoved. Now it has been more than 2 years I met my husband. I recently applied for visit visa and also raised the webform for prioritizing the application. It has been 2 weeks since with no reply from them. Is there anything else I should be doing? Anxiously waiting for something good to happen.
You should really be applying for an OWP unless you truly are only visiting your husband.

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi
I just recieved the Phac approval letter which states-
You have been approved for the following exemptions-
Entry into canada( exemption from covid 19 border restrictions)
It does not mention approval for limited release from quarantine.
Those have received phac already can u please post a screenshot of ur letter or verify this information.
Will this mean that we will not be exempt from the 3 day hotel quarantine.
Please reply

samkh89

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi
Also has anyone experienced this, I applied for Phac for my father and mother.
Thankfully I got approval, my mothers letter mentions validity 3 months but fathers letter shows validity 1 month.
Should I call them ask about it or let it go, if I get visa approval then can I apply for phac again if it expires.
Please reply.

Dil_sidhu

May 26, 2021
Hi
Also has anyone experienced this, I applied for Phac for my father and mother.
Thankfully I got approval, my mothers letter mentions validity 3 months but fathers letter shows validity 1 month.
Should I call them ask about it or let it go, if I get visa approval then can I apply for phac again if it expires.
Please reply.
Great congratulations. I think you should get your parents over and then apply for their Visa extension.

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
Hello All,

Please I am a PR who is currently pregnant and looking to do a visiting visa for my spouse

From the previous posts, I understand the typical process is
1-Get letter of support signed and filled by medical doctor (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine/letter-of-required-support-form-en.pdf)

2-Upload signed letter to website quoting UCI number for application if visa has already been applied for (https://border-frontiere.powerappsportals.com/en-US/)

3- Submit visa application (before or after PHAC approval)

Please I wanted to ask about the content in the TRV application please

1-Under Purpose of Visit in Application form, was it 'To Visit Family or friends' or 'Other' reason?
2-Please what are the key contents of letter of invitation.
3- Under purpose of travel upload section, please what did you upload
4- Is it okay to use a joint account for POF?

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello All,

Please I am a PR who is currently pregnant and looking to do a visiting visa for my spouse

1-Get letter of support signed and filled by medical doctor (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/phac-aspc/documents/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine/letter-of-required-support-form-en.pdf)

2-Upload signed letter to website quoting UCI number for application if visa has already been applied for (https://border-frontiere.powerappsportals.com/en-US/)

1-Under Purpose of Visit in Application form, was it 'To Visit Family or friends' or 'Other' reason?
I think it's better you submit your application first and then start the PHAC approval process as PHAC letter has a validity and the person might have to travel within it's expiry.

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hello All,

you can follow the instructions here to submit the application online https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

This has instructions and purpose of visit has to be other from the dropdown and “COVID-19” in the description.

Reactions: jackbauer
May 25, 2018
Hi All,

If I'm understanding correctly, PHAC is required for Nepal Biometric too or we can do Biometric for normal Visitor Visa as well ?

We are expecting our second baby this October and I'm planning to bring my Mother along with my elder sister for support. I'm planning to follow this process -

1. Submit the normal Visitor Visa application ( Mother and Sister together) or I need to submit separate application for my sister as she is extended family member not immediate?
2. Then as expected Biometric will be asked.
3. I will submit for PHAC approval to expedite the process
4. once PAHC approved, We will book Biometric in Delhi or Nepal whenever possible

Not sure if this would work.

your advise is highly appreciated

Thank you so much, take care!

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi All,

If I'm understanding correctly, PHAC is required for Nepal Biometric too or we can do Biometric for normal Visitor Visa as well ?

We are expecting our second baby this October and I'm planning to bring my Mother along with my elder sister for support. I'm planning to follow this process -

1. Submit the normal Visitor Visa application ( Mother and Sister together) or I need to submit separate application for my sister as she is extended family member not immediate?
2. Then as expected Biometric will be asked.
3. I will submit for PHAC approval to expedite the process
4. once PAHC approved, We will book Biometric in Delhi or Nepal whenever possible

Not sure if this would work.

your advise is highly appreciated

Thank you so much, take care!
1. I guess its better to submit a separate application for your sister
2. PHAC has a validity and once approved you have to travel within that date. So its better you finish the biometrics and then apply for PHAC. Now you can raise a webform to expedite the process and immigration will reply you in 14 business days.

So better first submit the online application and then focus on getting the biometrics. Also use this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html to fill out the online application.