+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I have submitted my application for FSW-O in January 2021. I am getting engaged next week to a PR holder, with whom I have been in a relationship for over a year. Will it be safe to apply for visitor visa under family reunification?
When you say you've been in a relationship for over a year do you mean in person?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I have submitted my application for FSW-O in January 2021. I am getting engaged next week to a PR holder, with whom I have been in a relationship for over a year. Will it be safe to apply for visitor visa under family reunification?
You can apply for a visitor's visa irrespective of marriage. However, to get an exemption under the travel ban, you will need to show that you were in an exclusive dating relationship. As regards PR and TRV here is my post on that: #5,143

Megs65

Apr 14, 2021
Me and my wife both are Permanent Residents in Canada.

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Duration of Travel: Jan 01, 2021 to March 01, 2021

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (in Dubai)

Now waiting for the application to process.

**********Please join this thread with your timeline if you/your family applied online for a visitor visa in October or November 2020 and Applicant location: India (outside of Canada)
I applied for my parents super visa on march 2020 from India. Still waiting for visa. Medical was done on Dec but still havent heard back.

dublin_gsw

Apr 21, 2021
Hi - For my mother’s visitor visa , post biometrics , sent e-mail to IRCC to expedite processing on April 8th , as well submitted new webform . Till date No response- Awaiting.

Question:Will they respond back with Yes or No to the email/webform . Or Officer will only respond if it’s approved.
Update: Received the Passport submission request today. Hang in there Everyone!

Reactions: tajindertj

tan25

Jun 16, 2020
You can apply for a visitor's visa irrespective of marriage. However, to get an exemption under the travel ban, you will need to show that you were in an exclusive dating relationship. As regards PR and TRV here is my post on that: #5,143
Thank you! Yes, we are getting engaged next week so I guess that would count as an exclusive relationship.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A few months in person. We are getting engaged next week.
Getting engaged doesn't mean you will be approved. It really depends on the airline and and an IRCC agent if they contact one. If this is more of an arranged marriage and you haven't established a relationship you may not be approved. Will you be travelling together and will you be moving in together in Canada? Do you have lots of pictures together doing things before the engagement or will the majority of your pictures be from your engagement?

tan25

Jun 16, 2020
Getting engaged doesn't mean you will be approved. It really depends on the airline and and an IRCC agent if they contact one. If this is more of an arranged marriage and you haven't established a relationship you may not be approved. Will you be travelling together and will you be moving in together in Canada? Do you have lots of pictures together doing things before the engagement or will the majority of your pictures be from your engagement?
Yes we've been living together for over a month now since he came to India in April. We have many photos to prove the relationship before the engagement.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you! Yes, we are getting engaged next week so I guess that would count as an exclusive relationship.

Extended family members who want to unite with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident
To be considered an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, it depends on who you’re related to and how.

If your relationship is with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident

You must be

• in an exclusive dating relationship, have been in the relationship for at least 1 year and have spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
    • You and the person you’re in the relationship with must both be 18 years of age or older.
  • a non-dependent child (adult child)
  • a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • a grandparent
IRCC defines exclusive dating relationship as:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes we've been living together for over a month now since he came to India in April. We have many photos to prove the relationship before the engagement.
The threshold for giving travel exemption for exclusive dating relationship is discretionary, but more lax as compared to common law relationship.

It will have to be proved by documentary evidence such as pictures, messages, travel itinerary, emails exchanged etc.

There is no redline requirement that you have to meet as it will be circumstantial.

tan25

Jun 16, 2020
The threshold for giving travel exemption for exclusive dating relationship is discretionary, but more lax as compared to common law relationship.

It will have to be proved by documentary evidence such as pictures, messages, travel itinerary, emails exchanged etc.

There is no redline requirement that you have to meet as it will be circumstantial.
Ok thank you very much for your help! We have photos (on social media as well), messages, etc. To prove our relationship.

Just in case they reject the TRV, will it hamper my PR application in any way?

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Given covid there is minimal processing going on in India which is why you likely haven't received a response.
Hi
To which I'd we need to send email to speed up the visit visa application. My husband has applied in Dec and bio done in Jan.. no update still... plz share the ID where I can send an email
Thank you