+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
Hi everyone

This post is to thank Canada Visa forum and all the members here. It has helped me from Day 1 of my Canada PR journey. After a lot of challenges, struggle and patience my parents TRV got approved. But the story doesnt end here. The VFS is now closed in India. So what are their options to submit passport? They had reapplied visa in Nov 2020 as they qualified for travel exemption and it got approved today. But we are not sure what will be the validity of visa.( The invitation letter mentioned stay for 2 months only). Anybody can throw light on it? Thanks in advance!

I’m exactly in the same spot as you! Trying to find out how to get their passports stamped. Will share if I get useful info.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m exactly in the same spot as you! Trying to find out how to get their passports stamped. Will share if I get useful info.
Canada is not going to try to make it easier for people currently in India to get their passport stamped so they can try to enter Canada. The ban is in place because Canada wants to try to prevent people from coming to Canada and bringing in more cases of the variants.

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
Hi,

How did you send the passport for stamping?
We have to get it stamped within 30 days, correct?
With VFS offices closed, what options do we have?

Thanks
Divx
We gonna wait for VFS offices to open, as they have already updated on their Twitter handle that they gonna accept expired passport request letters.

Reactions: divxthegreat

Galoli_jatt

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
Nomination.....
10-3-2015
AOR Received.
9-5-2015
File Transfer...
SLU 21-5-2015
Med's Request
3-6-2015
Med's Done....
6-6-2015 TLU 16-6-2015
Passport Req..
17-8-2015 DM 27-8-2015
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-2015
LANDED..........
if you dont mind could you please message me privately like what did you exactly write in that web forum because i applied in nov2020 through one of the local immigration consultant and recently i asked him to send a web forum and he was like web forum will not do anything ,so we just have to wait.
This is the sample basically we used.

Email was sent to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Here is the email format I sent. Please note that the email should be sent from the email id that was used to create the application and should be written from the perspective of the applicant:

To,
IRCC

I, <applicant name>, have recently applied for a <visa type: visitor/super visa>. I have been invited by <your name> - a Permanent Resident of Canada, who is my <relationship with PR holder>

I understand that immediate family members do not require an authorization letter to travel. I have also completed my biometrics. However, I am sending this email to request for my application to be prioritized as per the instructions on your website, given that I meet the travel exemptions set by IRCC.

Thank you for your time and consideration

your full name -
your date of birth -
if you have an application in process -
how you applied for your visa (online or by paper) -
your application number and unique client identifier (UCI) -
your passport number -
a detailed reason for travel -
the dates you plan to travel -
where you live now (current country of residence) -
your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time - Proof of relation with Permanent Resident of Canada

dublin_gsw

Apr 21, 2021
Hi - For my mother’s visitor visa , post biometrics , sent e-mail to IRCC to expedite processing on April 8th , as well submitted new webform . Till date No response- Awaiting.

Question:Will they respond back with Yes or No to the email/webform . Or Officer will only respond if it’s approved.

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
This is the sample basically we used.

Email was sent to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Here is the email format I sent. Please note that the email should be sent from the email id that was used to create the application and should be written from the perspective of the applicant:

To,
IRCC

I, <applicant name>, have recently applied for a <visa type: visitor/super visa>. I have been invited by <your name> - a Permanent Resident of Canada, who is my <relationship with PR holder>

I understand that immediate family members do not require an authorization letter to travel. I have also completed my biometrics. However, I am sending this email to request for my application to be prioritized as per the instructions on your website, given that I meet the travel exemptions set by IRCC.

Thank you for your time and consideration

your full name -
your date of birth -
if you have an application in process -
how you applied for your visa (online or by paper) -
your application number and unique client identifier (UCI) -
your passport number -
a detailed reason for travel -
the dates you plan to travel -
where you live now (current country of residence) -
your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time - Proof of relation with Permanent Resident of Canada
Hi I saw your post and need a clarification
I am a student in Canada and my husband is in Dubai. We applied for his visit visa in Dec 2020, Bio done in Jan 2021 and waiting for an update. Mean while I sent a webform to IRCC under family reunification on April 24th . Now my question is what can i do to speed up the visa process and did i do a right thing by sending the webform. Also I applied for the GCMS notes to know the status. GCMS response was to send a signed authorization/consent letter from my husband to process the GCMS request. I am really in a confused state. As an immediate family member currently in Dubai given he will be with me for 30 days I want to know what could the possible response be and how to prioritse the application. If anyone is in same situation plz plz respond. I really need some help n this. Thank you and God bless

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I saw your post and need a clarification
I am a student in Canada and my husband is in Dubai. We applied for his visit visa in Dec 2020, Bio done in Jan 2021 and waiting for an update. Mean while I sent a webform to IRCC under family reunification on April 24th . Now my question is what can i do to speed up the visa process and did i do a right thing by sending the webform. Also I applied for the GCMS notes to know the status. GCMS response was to send a signed authorization/consent letter from my husband to process the GCMS request. I am really in a confused state. As an immediate family member currently in Dubai given he will be with me for 30 days I want to know what could the possible response be and how to prioritse the application. If anyone is in same situation plz plz respond. I really need some help n this. Thank you and God bless
Will you be travelling with him or are you in Canada and he wants to come and visit you?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi - For my mother’s visitor visa , post biometrics , sent e-mail to IRCC to expedite processing on April 8th , as well submitted new webform . Till date No response- Awaiting.

Question:Will they respond back with Yes or No to the email/webform . Or Officer will only respond if it’s approved.
Given covid there is minimal processing going on in India which is why you likely haven't received a response.

tan25

Jun 16, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I have submitted my application for FSW-O in January 2021. I am getting engaged next week to a PR holder, with whom I have been in a relationship for over a year. Will it be safe to apply for visitor visa under family reunification?