+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes, they allowed to come to home before getting results
Skipping hotel quarantine is not guaranteed with a PHAC letter. It depends on the PHAC circumstances. Given that you can not have contact with a pregnant woman while in quarantine there would be no reason not to be able to do the hotel quarantine. It always comes down to whoever is screening the applicants at the airport that day and so there is no consistency.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone

This post is to thank Canada Visa forum and all the members here. It has helped me from Day 1 of my Canada PR journey. After a lot of challenges, struggle and patience my parents TRV got approved. But the story doesnt end here. The VFS is now closed in India. So what are their options to submit passport? They had reapplied visa in Nov 2020 as they qualified for travel exemption and it got approved today. But we are not sure what will be the validity of visa.( The invitation letter mentioned stay for 2 months only). Anybody can throw light on it? Thanks in advance!
You will need to wait until stamping is available again. You should be contacted when it is possible. Assume you submitted PHAC. The drawback to PHAC is that they are usually for shorter stays, single entry and you may need to enter Canada within the next few months. People should really consider whether a normal TRV would be a better option because they are more likely to get a longer visa with a lot less conditions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

Thanks for your reply .what about covid test they do at airport.do they let go to house without result?
ther people It is dependent on whoever is determining whether people have a good reason why they can't do hotel Quarantine. You can't have contact with a pregnant woman when under quarantine so there is no reason why you can't do hotel quarantine. You will likely be asked about your quarantine plans. You will need a separate location like a basement unit whether at day 1 or day 3.

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi everyone

This post is to thank Canada Visa forum and all the members here. It has helped me from Day 1 of my Canada PR journey. After a lot of challenges, struggle and patience my parents TRV got approved. But the story doesnt end here. The VFS is now closed in India. So what are their options to submit passport? They had reapplied visa in Nov 2020 as they qualified for travel exemption and it got approved today. But we are not sure what will be the validity of visa.( The invitation letter mentioned stay for 2 months only). Anybody can throw light on it? Thanks in advance!
Congrats on getting your parents TRV :) I have applied for my parents visitor visa too. Could you please let me know if you submitted a webform or email for prioritization? Also if so when did you submit and how long did IRCC take to respond? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congrats on getting your parents TRV :) I have applied for my parents visitor visa too. Could you please let me know if you submitted a webform or email for prioritization? Also if so when did you submit and how long did IRCC take to respond? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
You should email for prioritization. If you are applying from India past processing times will no longer apply due to covid disruptions.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
You will need to wait until stamping is available again. You should be contacted when it is possible. Assume you submitted PHAC. The drawback to PHAC is that they are usually for shorter stays, single entry and you may need to enter Canada within the next few months. People should really consider whether a normal TRV would be a better option because they are more likely to get a longer visa with a lot less conditions.
I didn't submit PHAC. It was a family reunification TRV

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hey
I sent both email and Webform for application prioritisation. It took them about 1 month after email and 20 days after webform to reply.

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi everyone

If it isn't a PHAC route then you should be getting a normal TRV irrespective of what's mentioned on the invitation letter. Also I guess we can submit passport in a different country like how biometrics can be done in a different country. Please check on that. But in current situation travelling out of India is hardly an option

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hey
I sent both email and Webform for application prioritisation. It took them about 1 month after email and 20 days after webform to reply.
Great. Thanks for your reply. Also when did you get the passport request? Just wanted to see if IRCC is still processing application in India.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
If it isn't a PHAC route then you should be getting a normal TRV irrespective of what's mentioned on the invitation letter. Also I guess we can submit passport in a different country like how biometrics can be done in a different country. Please check on that. But in current situation travelling out of India is hardly an option
Is there anyone who submitted passport to different country?if yes which country is it?

suvi1823

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Just 2days before. Yes they are !
That's good to know. If there are no instructions in the passport request letter about where do you have to submit the passport then it should be fine to submit in a different country. I recently sent an email to Abu Dhabi VFS, New York VFS and they confirmed the same.

Does the passport request letter has any country specific instruction for submission?

"""
Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre for United Arab Emirates.

With regards to your query, kindly note that once you receive a passport request letter from IRCC, it will mention a specific location in which you may submit your passport.

If that location is UAE, or if it mentions that you may submit the passport at the most convenient Visa Application Center, you may submit your passport to the VFS Global Visa Application Center in UAE.

Therefore, you may visit the VFS Global Visa Application Center within our working hours to submit your passport as a walk-in without a prior appointment.

You are required to submit the original passport, the passport request letter, VFS Global consent form and any documents mentioned by the IRCC within the request letter (if any).

Please note the outbreak of the coronavirus has affected IRCC operations and processing timelines. As such, we cannot provide an estimated time to complete the process.
"""