+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Svng

Nov 4, 2020
Hi..
so we don’t need biometrics if we submit the phac letter.

thank you

Hi,

1. I applied for visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

2. Submitted application for PHAC approval (mentioned UCI number)

3. Got a single entry visa in a week.

roshansimon

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hi.. What is the your status in Canada? PR or study permit?

Hi All,

Got Visitor visa approved for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

This is what we got from CIC:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2020

Good day XXXNameXXXXX,

Your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to travel to Canada has been approved.

At this time, in response to COVID-19, we are not requesting that you provide your passport.

Instead, bring this letter and proof that you meet a travel restriction exemption with you to the airport and show it to the airline as proof of approval for a visa in accordance with the exemptions in place due to COVID-19. You will also require this letter upon arrival in Canada, for presentation to the Border Services Officer (BSO) of the Canada Border Services Agency.

It is very important that you keep a copy (or electronic copy) of this letter with you while travelling to Canada.

When you arrive to the airport, the airline staff will ask you questions about your health before you can board a flight to Canada. This includes whether you have a fever, a cough or breathing difficulties. You also cannot have been refused boarding in the past 14 days due to a medical reason related to COVID-19. To board your flight, you must provide evidence that you are travelling for a non-discretionary purpose and not for reasons that are optional or discretionary, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.

If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are travelling for a discretionary purpose, you may not be permitted to board your flight or enter Canada.

This letter serves to authorize your travel to Canada under the conditions listed below. Please read them carefully.

Name: xxxxxxx

Travel Document: Passport
Travel Document Number: xxxxxxx
Travel Document Country of Issuance India # of Entries: Single Entry Visa
Expiry date of Temporary Resident Visa: Got only for 2 months

Itinerary: DEL – YVR 24DEC

NOTE: Your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is our Application timelines:

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Duration of Travel: Jan 01, 2021 to March 01, 2021

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (in Dubai)

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Hi,

1. I applied for visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

2. Submitted application for PHAC approval (mentioned UCI number)

3. Got a single entry visa in a week.
Hello and congrats! May I ask you how long the single entry visa is valid for? I imagine that it is valid beginning immediately—just wondering what end date they gave you, if you don't mind sharing?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hello and congrats! May I ask you how long the single entry visa is valid for? I imagine that it is valid beginning immediately—just wondering what end date they gave you, if you don't mind sharing?
Feb 27, 2021

mknox

Aug 18, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-08-2020
Feb 27, 2021
Oh. That's quite a short period of validity. Not sure why they wouldn't give it for the usual six month period of stay. But I guess you are more concerned with the permission for your relative to travel immediately, so it serves the purpose you needed the visa for. Good for you, all the best! :)

Reactions: sb0821

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hello please help me..did u sent a email to exemption travel department i.e. email provided online to prioritize ur application???
Hi

1. I did not send any emails to CIC.

2. Just the below when applying

p-v

Apr 12, 2019
Hi All,

Got Visitor visa approved for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

This is what we got from CIC:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2020

Good day XXXNameXXXXX,

Your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to travel to Canada has been approved.

At this time, in response to COVID-19, we are not requesting that you provide your passport.

Instead, bring this letter and proof that you meet a travel restriction exemption with you to the airport and show it to the airline as proof of approval for a visa in accordance with the exemptions in place due to COVID-19. You will also require this letter upon arrival in Canada, for presentation to the Border Services Officer (BSO) of the Canada Border Services Agency.

It is very important that you keep a copy (or electronic copy) of this letter with you while travelling to Canada.

When you arrive to the airport, the airline staff will ask you questions about your health before you can board a flight to Canada. This includes whether you have a fever, a cough or breathing difficulties. You also cannot have been refused boarding in the past 14 days due to a medical reason related to COVID-19. To board your flight, you must provide evidence that you are travelling for a non-discretionary purpose and not for reasons that are optional or discretionary, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.

If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are travelling for a discretionary purpose, you may not be permitted to board your flight or enter Canada.

This letter serves to authorize your travel to Canada under the conditions listed below. Please read them carefully.

Name: xxxxxxx

Travel Document: Passport
Travel Document Number: xxxxxxx
Travel Document Country of Issuance India # of Entries: Single Entry Visa
Expiry date of Temporary Resident Visa: Got only for 2 months

Itinerary: DEL – YVR 24DEC

NOTE: Your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is our Application timelines:

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Duration of Travel: Jan 01, 2021 to March 01, 2021

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (in Dubai)
Congrats...i also applied for my in laws with approval letter from PHAC...still waiting for decision.
Timeline:
Applied on Nov 20th
Biometrics request Nov21st
Biometrics submitted for both in New York USA on Nov25th
My mother in laws biometrics was updated in profile on same day, but for my father in law it still showing your action is required .

They are right now in US (Residents of India). Application is in Delhi office right now.

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
Hello ,

My mother already has a visitor visa.We applied for her in 2018 but at that time biometrics was not required and she also could not come to Canada due to some reason.Now I am pregnant and she has to come so does she have to still give the biometrics or its not required.Please guide.

Thanks

RV23

Nov 6, 2014
BC
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
May 10 2016
Doc's Request.
Aug 10 2016
AOR Received.
June 7 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront , passed
Med's Request
May 4 2016
Med's Done....
May 6 2016
@Mac2015
Yes, I have submitted an application for PHAC approval just 5 minutes back. I really don't care even if it is a Single entry visa. Right now my wife needs her mother's support. Will do another application in the future if we get a single entry visa.

I really don't have any idea of how this PHCA approval helps us but I did submit.

Do you think this PHAC approval will speed up our Visitor visa application?
Hello,

I am also pregnant and we wanted to apply for my husband's parent's visitor visa so that they can come and support us.My mother already has a visitor visa but she can't stay with me in Canada for more than 1 month due to health issues of my father back home.Can you please guide what is this PHAC APPROVAL and can we get it for our inlaws on the grounds of support required for pregnancy and will it really expedite the processing.

Thanks

Kaykay89

Apr 2, 2019
@sb0821 : Did you apply for Written authorization form from ircc
and Statutory declaration form?
I applied for my mom PHAC approval and got approved.
Confused for the next steps..

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
@RV23

@Kaykay89

Hi,

1. We applied for a visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

2. Completed the below:

Link to PHAC Application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html

• Download the Letter of Required Support Form (PDF). --- This needs to fill and sign by your doctor (Family or Gynecologist)
  • This application process is for foreign nationals who will be entering Canada and staying in their place of quarantine for the full 14-day quarantine period to:
    • be present during the final moments of life for a loved one
    • provide support or care to someone who’s critically ill
    • provide care for a person who has a medical reason as to why they require support --- this applicable to us
  • You can apply using the Application for Entry Form. Make sure you have everything you need before starting. You won’t be able to save the form for completion later.
    1. Fill out all required fields on page 1 of the application.
      • There are 2 pages in total. Clicking ‘Next’ to get to page 2 doesn’t submit information or your application.
    2. Attach the Letter of Required Support Form or proof of death on page 2 of the application.
    3. Submit your application through the secure portal.
      • You’ll receive an immediate message indicating, 'Submission completed successfully.'
  • You’ll also receive a receipt email with an application number.

Your application will be assessed by the Public Health Agency of Canada. We’ll confirm that your request meets the requirements for entry for compassionate reasons.

Note:
1. If you applied for a visit visa already, while submitting PHAC approval: just select the option (applied for visitor visa) and enter UCI Number. You will receive a single entry TRV visa in a week.
2. My in-law completed Biometrics in Dubai but I think if anyone has PHAC approval they don't have to give biometrics.
3. I have not sent any email to CIC.

Thanks