+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

navie3990

Sep 8, 2017
Applied for TRV for my wife from India on 15 Nov 2020 with COVID-19 option. IRCC already has biometrics due to rejected TRV from 2019, so biometrics were instantly updated. No update since.

Reactions: sb0821

Mac2015

Jun 7, 2014
Me and my wife both are Permanent Residents in Canada.

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Duration of Travel: Jan 01, 2021 to March 01, 2021

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (in Dubai)

Now waiting for the application to process.

**********Please join this thread with your timeline if you/your family applied online for a visitor visa in October or November 2020 and Applicant location: India (outside of Canada)
Hi, Have you submitted the public health agency of Canada PHAC approval with your application with physician's note with your file?
ALso i heard in this application you only get single entry visa for covid 19 purpose is it true?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi, Have you submitted the public health agency of Canada PHAC approval with your application with physician's note with your file?
ALso i heard in this application you only get single entry visa for covid 19 purpose is it true?
@Mac2015
Yes, I have submitted an application for PHAC approval just 5 minutes back. I really don't care even if it is a Single entry visa. Right now my wife needs her mother's support. Will do another application in the future if we get a single entry visa.

I really don't have any idea of how this PHCA approval helps us but I did submit.

Do you think this PHAC approval will speed up our Visitor visa application?

Last edited:

Mac2015

Jun 7, 2014
@Mac2015
Yes, I have submitted an application for PHAC approval just 5 minutes back. I really don't care even if it is a Single entry visa. Right now my wife needs her mother's support. Will do another application in the future if we get a single entry visa.

I really don't have any idea of how this PHCA approval helps us but I did submit.

It shows on website that attaching PHAC approval will prioritize the application.

I have a question for you.
1) On the application attachment under" purpose of travel-other(required) have you attached flight ticket or itinerary? or give day by day breakdown of their visit?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
It shows on website that attaching PHAC approval will prioritize the application.

I have a question for you.
1) On the application attachment under" purpose of travel-other(required) have you attached flight ticket or itinerary? or give day by day breakdown of their visit?
@Mac2015
No, I have just mentioned the duration. - No flight tickets and day-to-day breakdown.

Can you give me a reference link from where - It shows on the website that attaching PHAC approval will prioritize the application.???

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Applied for TRV for my wife from India on 15 Nov 2020 with COVID-19 option. IRCC already has biometrics due to rejected TRV from 2019, so biometrics were instantly updated. No update since.
hey, are you a pr or citizen in canada? how come u applied for TRV as it says u dont need written authorization for immediate family member i.e spouse. and can you do biometrics upfrontly while applying?

Mac2015

Jun 7, 2014
@Mac2015
No, I have just mentioned the duration. - No flight tickets and day-to-day breakdown.

Can you give me a reference link from where - It shows on the website that attaching PHAC approval will prioritize the application.???
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

Go to section for “ if you have already applied. You can send them email with detail as described there or also you can send phac approval if you planning on compassionate ground

Svng

Nov 4, 2020
Hi,
I’m thinking to apply for my parents(both me and my spouse have PR) but the processing time is around 250 days. Is your application from India, and what is PHAC approval.

thank You in advance.

Got Biometrics request today on November 21, 2020. The letter is dated November 9, 2020 though.

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Applied for my mother in law on Nov 22. Biometric request on Nov 25. But VAC wasn't open for taking biometric.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi,
I’m thinking to apply for my parents(both me and my spouse have PR) but the processing time is around 250 days. Is your application from India, and what is PHAC approval.

thank You in advance.
PHAC approval is related to ''A person is coming to Canada to provide Care/Support" or "reasons related death& final moments of life".

Svng

Nov 4, 2020
ok. How can we get that approval. I mean can we apply online with the supported documents.

thank you

PHAC approval is related to ''A person is coming to Canada to provide Care/Support" or "reasons related death& final moments of life".

navi9

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
@Mac2015

How did you got PHAC? We are in same boat. We had a newborn but she is in NICU at this time both mom and newborn need more help. Applied visit visa for mother in law with all supporting documents.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
How did you got PHAC? We are in same boat. We had a newborn but she is in NICU at this time both mom and newborn need more help. Applied visit visa for mother in law with all supporting documents.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/compassionate-entry-limited-release-from-quarantine.html#letter_of_required_support

I am not sure how this is going to help us???? I am saying because our applications for our Immediate family members and they are eligible to travel to Canada. But I am not sure how this PHAC letter gonna help us.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Mac2015

Jun 7, 2014
Hi for family information form which one to fill online application shows IMM5645 while country specific checklist show IMM5707.
Please guide