+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
hi there, quick question for IMM 5645 family information, it ask to sign and date the form. but while submitting the entire application it also asks to sign and date the entire one as it will be submitting online. my question is do we have to print imm 5645, sign and scan and then submit or can i only fill imm 5645 electronically and leave the signatures blank and sign the last step of the process? thank you.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
hi there, quick question for IMM 5645 family information, it ask to sign and date the form. but while submitting the entire application it also asks to sign and date the entire one as it will be submitting online. my question is do we have to print imm 5645, sign and scan and then submit or can i only fill imm 5645 electronically and leave the signatures blank and sign the last step of the process? thank you.
IMM5645 - Fill, Print, sign and scan then submit it.

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
IMM5645 - Fill, Print, sign and scan then submit it.
hey, i called cic in morning and she said to not print and sign, she said fill it up and sign at the end of the entire application. do you think if i submit without the sign in the form it could be returned or i can fill the webform to update that particular form again?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
hey, i called cic in morning and she said to not print and sign, she said fill it up and sign at the end of the entire application. do you think if i submit without the sign in the form it could be returned or i can fill the webform to update that particular form again?
Do however you like it do.

IMM5645 needs to be fill in English and print it and then fill in your native language as well.

But my question to you - What's the big deal for you to Fill in English, Print, Fill in your native language, sign and scan then submit it.

Nithin john

Nov 27, 2020
Hi,
My spousal application submitted on July 20th, 2020. But I haven't received the file no: / AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) yet, So I applied for a visiting visa and got my biometric request on Sept 28th, and did the biometric on Oct 19th. But no other updates on both.
Any information would be highly useful.

Reactions: cj7

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Hi,
My spousal application submitted on July 20th, 2020. But I haven't received the file no: / AOR (acknowledgment of receipt) yet, So I applied for a visiting visa and got my biometric request on Sept 28th, and did the biometric on Oct 19th. But no other updates on both.
Any information would be highly useful.
when did you apply for visitor visa?

legalpanda

Aug 1, 2020
Applied for my fathers visa on Aug 20 and biometrics were done in Oct 20 .No news after that . Is Delhi visa office working?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Me and my wife both are Permanent Residents in Canada.

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Duration of Travel: Jan 01, 2021 to March 01, 2021

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (in Dubai)

Now waiting for the application to process.

**********Please join this thread with your timeline if you/your family applied online for a visitor visa in October or November 2020 and Applicant location: India (outside of Canada)
I am in a similar situation. I have a Canadian PR and we have applied for my wife's TRV

Application Date: July 1, 2020
Biometrics Request: July 2, 2020
Biometrics Completed: Nov 25, 2020 (From Dubai)

Online portal says Biometrics Complete, and nothing else. Please keep us posted if you hear anything on your TRV.

Reactions: sb0821

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Hey , You got bio-metric request very next day! That’s wonderful! I have applied for my son(dependent child) at the same time but haven’t heard anything yet! did you mention COVID-19 ; purpose of travel - other in the 5257e form?
In most cases, you get Biometrics request immediately if you have paid the entire application fee while submitting the application.

IF you dont submit the Biometrics fee, then you receive an update later on to pay the fee and submit biometrics.

Sunnynitian

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
will surely
Applied for my mother in law on Nov 22. Biometric request on Nov 25. But VAC wasn't open for taking biometric.
We are in the same boat :). any update how to approach VFS?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi All,

Got Visitor visa approved for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

This is what we got from CIC:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2020

Good day XXXNameXXXXX,

Your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to travel to Canada has been approved.

At this time, in response to COVID-19, we are not requesting that you provide your passport.

Instead, bring this letter and proof that you meet a travel restriction exemption with you to the airport and show it to the airline as proof of approval for a visa in accordance with the exemptions in place due to COVID-19. You will also require this letter upon arrival in Canada, for presentation to the Border Services Officer (BSO) of the Canada Border Services Agency.

It is very important that you keep a copy (or electronic copy) of this letter with you while travelling to Canada.

When you arrive to the airport, the airline staff will ask you questions about your health before you can board a flight to Canada. This includes whether you have a fever, a cough or breathing difficulties. You also cannot have been refused boarding in the past 14 days due to a medical reason related to COVID-19. To board your flight, you must provide evidence that you are travelling for a non-discretionary purpose and not for reasons that are optional or discretionary, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.

If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are travelling for a discretionary purpose, you may not be permitted to board your flight or enter Canada.

This letter serves to authorize your travel to Canada under the conditions listed below. Please read them carefully.

Name: xxxxxxx

Travel Document: Passport
Travel Document Number: xxxxxxx
Travel Document Country of Issuance India # of Entries: Single Entry Visa
Expiry date of Temporary Resident Visa: Got only for 2 months

Itinerary: DEL – YVR 24DEC

NOTE: Your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is our Application timelines:

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Duration of Travel: Jan 01, 2021 to March 01, 2021

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (in Dubai)

Last edited: