+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR VISA FOR SIBLING

canada90good

Nov 29, 2017
hello everyone,
my situation is my real parents divorced and i came here as a dependent child with my father who remarried in canada. my question is can i sponsor my real brother and birth mother for a temporary visit?any help is appreciated. thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
hello everyone,
my situation is my real parents divorced and i came here as a dependent child with my father who remarried in canada. my question is can i sponsor my real brother and birth mother for a temporary visit?any help is appreciated. thanks
In majority of cases, there's no such thing as "sponsoring" for a TRV. Your birth mother will have to qualify on her own merits, and if your brother is over 21 years old, he will have to qualify on his own as well.

Any support that you may offer or demonstrate for them will only be supplementary.

Reactions: Bryanna

canada90good

Nov 29, 2017
In majority of cases, there's no such thing as "sponsoring" for a TRV. Your birth mother will have to qualify on her own merits, and if your brother is over 21 years old, he will have to qualify on his own as well.

Any support that you may offer or demonstrate for them will only be supplementary.
Thanks for your reply. When I said"sponsor". I meant sending them a invitation letter to attend a marriage. because i have a step mother and a step brother as well. So that's what am asking do I qualify to send them an invite?

weekend_work

Nov 29, 2017
Hi i am in a similar situation. I am a permanent resident of Canada and i am getting married and want to invite my real parents and brother to attend my marriage and go on a small vacation like more then one week with them...my problem is I don't know how do i include my brother on invitation letter , he has just finished the school this year in July and still looking for job and he is 23 years old..i am willing to bear all the expenses for all my family... can any please guide me little bit .or share any resource or information.... that how can i invite my brother on my marriage along with my parents

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for your reply. When I said"sponsor". I meant sending them a invitation letter to attend a marriage. because i have a step mother and a step brother as well. So that's what am asking do I qualify to send them an invite?
Sure, you can send them an invite, even friends and business colleagues can send invites, but what I said earlier still applies. The invite is only a supplementary document.

Hi i am in a similar situation. I am a permanent resident of Canada and i am getting married and want to invite my real parents and brother to attend my marriage and go on a small vacation like more then one week with them...my problem is I don't know how do i include my brother on invitation letter , he has just finished the school this year in July and still looking for job and he is 23 years old..i am willing to bear all the expenses for all my family... can any please guide me little bit .or share any resource or information.... that how can i invite my brother on my marriage along with my parents
Your brother is a fresh graduate without any work and presumably no travel history to visa-required countries. The odds of him getting approved are definitely slim, but you never know until you try.

Here is one recent success story with a similar case, although the applicant was still in school: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-for-fiancees-brother-for-our-wedding-philippines.496545/

Please research around this forum for other similar cases, but honestly, it's going to be difficult for him.

Last edited:

weekend_work

Nov 29, 2017
thanks @bellaluna the thread you shared was really helpful. although I have one more question.

My mother has a property on her name. to prove the ties i think i want to show the property documents (registration to government etc. ) but these documents are in regional language i.e not english .... can i still submit the copy of documents. ?

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
thanks @bellaluna the thread you shared was really helpful. although I have one more question.

My mother has a property on his name. to prove the ties i think i want to show the property documents (registration to government etc. ) but these documents are in regional language i.e not english .... can i still submit the copy of documents. ?
I’m positive you would be required to submit a translated version of the documents if you wish this to be considered for the application, but I’m not sure if it has to be certified or notarized.

Saisenu

May 20, 2015
hi friends,
i am a Canadian PR since July 2015. Now, I would like to invite my mom & sister to visit me on a vacation.
Can anyone guide me with:
1. what type of TRV i need to apply for mother and sister
2. what supporting documents they both need to prepare
3. what supporting documents i need to prepare for application submission.

Please advise
regards
senthil kumar

Logmein

Jan 8, 2019
thanks a million @bellaluna . you are awesome. thanks for being sooo helpful .. i got the visa for my parents and the brother. thanks a ton for the helpful link and resources you shared. have a awesome time.! :):):)
Hey Could you please help with the document checklist that you used for brother application which got him accepted, i am in similar situation as you were and my borthers visa has been rejected before for not enough reason for his visit here. Now that i have solid reason of my marriage i want to reapply and iron out all the options.