+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for parents

Vansh123

Oct 11, 2017
Hi all,

I am an international student at centennial college and next semester is gonna be my last semester and I want to apply visitor visa for my parents. But I have a problem regarding my father's and mother's name
My father's name on his passport is "Jetender kumar", but on my passport it is "Jitender Virmani".
Same is the case with my mother's name, on her passport it is "Manju Bala", but on mine it is only " Manju"

Is there any problem in it, if yes, how it can be solved
Seeking a quick reply

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My father's name on his passport is "Jetender kumar", but on my passport it is "Jitender Virmani".
Same is the case with my mother's name, on her passport it is "Manju Bala", but on mine it is only " Manju"
These are major mismatches. Not sure how your passport states an almost completely different name for your dad.

What are your parents' names on your birth certificate?

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
Hi all,

I am an international student at centennial college and next semester is gonna be my last semester and I want to apply visitor visa for my parents. But I have a problem regarding my father's and mother's name

Is there any problem in it, if yes, how it can be solved
Seeking a quick reply
hello

I'm in same situation
Can you tell me what you didand if your parents got visa

Vansh123

Oct 11, 2017
hello

I'm in same situation
Can you tell me what you didand if your parents got visa
Hey,
It was fairly easy to get the visa, my parents got it in just 4 days.
For the name clarification, the attached an affidavit stating that both the names belong to the same person and got it stamped by a local notary registrar.
you should not stress a lot about this, it was not a big deal. But make sure to attach an affidavit.