+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Parents using new IRCC portal, Are they immediate family members

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Hi,
I am a Permanent Resident residing in Canada. I am applying for visitor visa to my parents using the new portal. But i am confused if they are extended or immediate family members. I have attached the screenshot here. Can someone help me.

Tagging @superMK since you have already applied through here

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am a Permanent Resident residing in Canada. I am applying for visitor visa to my parents using the new portal. But i am confused if they are extended or immediate family members. I have attached the screenshot here. Can someone help me.

No they are not immediate family. They are extended family,

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply @canuck78 . I (applying as my parent) also selected the option of the extended family member. This is what is shown in next screen where the extended family member definition is given. It does not have the option for a parent. I understand that for other process with IRCC parents are not defined as immediate family members. But is this same here also ? Please see screenshot below

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply @canuck78 . I (applying as my parent) also selected the option of the extended family member. This is what is shown in next screen where the extended family member definition is given. It does not have the option for a parent. I understand that for other process with IRCC parents are not defined as immediate family members. But is this same here also ? Please see screenshot below

Strange. What happens if you select immediate family member?

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
Yes it does make it inconsistent. I also asked another person who got his parents visitor visa through tiktok and here is the reply we got this reply. So it seems parents are considered immediate family member at least for the new visitor visa process.

aphermix

Jan 5, 2017
I am having a further question when filling the application. My parents are travelling with their own funds and have sufficient bank balances with letters prepared from their banks in India. But on the portal page I see the proof of funds ask for my bank balance as shown below. There is no option for parents own proof of funds. Is there a way this can be provided here ?

canmart

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Hi,

To my understanding parents are immediate family members for visa application.

samnas

Jun 29, 2021
Yes it does make it inconsistent. I also asked another person who got his parents visitor visa through tiktok and here is the reply we got this reply. So it seems parents are considered immediate family member at least for the new visitor visa process.

Hi, I have the same question. As i'm applying for my mother, I chose immediate family in the questions. But at the document section i cannot find any place to upload funds, picture and invitation letter. which one did you select?

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
I am having a further question when filling the application. My parents are travelling with their own funds and have sufficient bank balances with letters prepared from their banks in India. But on the portal page I see the proof of funds ask for my bank balance as shown below. There is no option for parents own proof of funds. Is there a way this can be provided here ?

I merged multiple documents (invitation letter, parent's proof of funds, medical insurance etc) in single PDF file and upload it in "additional documents" and it worked.

Reactions: Celestial_Body

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
Hi, I have the same question. As i'm applying for my mother, I chose immediate family in the questions. But at the document section i cannot find any place to upload funds, picture and invitation letter. which one did you select?
You may see my response above