+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa-For Parents Urgent help needed

Sehajo

Jan 12, 2016
Hi there, (if any senior member can reply)

Please if some can advice. Me and my brother applied for visitor visa for my parents to attend his convocation ceremony on May 3rd, 2019. We have applied here from Canada through a lawyer. My parents have done there bio metrics on April 4th in India but after that there is no update on application. We are just worried as convocation date is very near and we haven't received passport request or any other update, does it mean they are going to reject it???

I would really appreciate anyone's suggestion on this matter!! thank you

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi there, (if any senior member can reply)

Please if some can advice. Me and my brother applied for visitor visa for my parents to attend his convocation ceremony on May 3rd, 2019. We have applied here from Canada through a lawyer. My parents have done there bio metrics on April 4th but after that there is no update on application. We are just worried as convocation date is very near and we haven't received passport request or any other update, does it mean they are going to reject it???

I would really appreciate anyone's suggestion on this matter!! thank you
What is the processing time from the country your parents are applying from?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
CIC in most cases do not go over the processing time. What could be taking time is the VAC to send biometrics to IRCC.
Do you have access to their online account? What does it say there? Are biometrics updated online? Is there background says "processing?" or hasn't started yet? And Eligibility is in review? And did they receive any email saying" Visitor Visa Acknowledgement" after giving biometrics?

andreaso

Apr 17, 2019
CIC in most cases do not go over the processing time. What could be taking time is the VAC to send biometrics to IRCC.
Do you have access to their online account? What does it say there? Are biometrics updated online? Is there background says "processing?" or hasn't started yet? And Eligibility is in review? And did they receive any email saying" Visitor Visa Acknowledgement" after giving biometrics?
Hi there, do you think you can help me out?
My boyfriend applied for a TRV on April 11th, received letter to submit biometrics on April 12th, and submitted Biometrics on April 15th. Since then there has been no update. Processing time said 11 days. Yesterday was the 11th day. Biometrics were updated online and it says the application is being processed.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi there, do you think you can help me out?
My boyfriend applied for a TRV on April 11th, received letter to submit biometrics on April 12th, and submitted Biometrics on April 15th. Since then there has been no update. Processing time said 11 days. Yesterday was the 11th day. Biometrics were updated online and it says the application is being processed.

CIC website also say;

This processing time doesn’t include:

• the time it takes to send an application between a VAC and our office
  • the time you need to give your biometrics
What does "Review Eligibility" say on the online account?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is incorrect. Processing times are only estimates and many go over the estimated processing times.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
This is incorrect. Processing times are only estimates and many go over the estimated processing times.
what I have read and seen in my case too, 80% of the files are processed within the projected time. Isn't that the case?

andreaso

Apr 17, 2019
Yeah I guess 12 days minus the two days it took for him to give biometrics would be 10 days. Review Eligibility says We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

andreaso

Apr 17, 2019
There are definitely many applications that go over the processing times but saying it is only an estimate would be incorrect. On the CIC website it states "This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications, in the past."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are definitely many applications that go over the processing times but saying it is only an estimate would be incorrect. On the CIC website it states "This processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications, in the past."
Yes they are estimates based on past data. Many wait between 2-4 weeks and some wait months. You said most don't go over posted processing times and wanted to reassure @Sehajo that he shouldn't worry the application times posted are just estimates.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yeah I guess 12 days minus the two days it took for him to give biometrics would be 10 days. Review Eligibility says We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
yeah! Same is with my mother's file! Her file was submitted on 2nd and Biometrics were done on 15th April. She has received an Acknowledgment after that and her eligibility is in review. All we can do is stay hopeful! :)
The CIC was closed for the long weekend. So we can expect some news this week. :) :)

andreaso

Apr 17, 2019
Yes I am hoping to receive an answer this week! Good luck to you!
yeah! Same is with my mother's file! Her file was submitted on 2nd and Biometrics were done on 15th April. She has received an Acknowledgment after that and her eligibility is in review. All we can do is stay hopeful! :)
The CIC was closed for the long weekend. So we can expect some news this week. :) :)