+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for my mom if I am unemployed

Aug 26, 2020
Good Day,
I was wondering if I can bring my mom on visitor visa to support me during pregnancy and after birth because I am alone with 2 kids. Someone said I will need income letter from employer, but I dont work so can I provide some other proof of finance? Do I have to be in Canada to apply for this visa? And how much time would it take?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So your are single with no support? Are you PR or citizen?

She has to apply and show that she can afford to visit and stay in Canada. She needs to show strong ties to her country. Processing can be many months. She is applying for the visa not you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good Day,
I was wondering if I can bring my mom on visitor visa to support me during pregnancy and after birth because I am alone with 2 kids. Someone said I will need income letter from employer, but I dont work so can I provide some other proof of finance? Do I have to be in Canada to apply for this visa? And how much time would it take?
If you are not established in Canada and are living abroad you would have the choice to remain abroad where you have support. Are you currently living in Canada?

Aug 26, 2020
So your are single with no support? Are you PR or citizen?

She has to apply and show that she can afford to visit and stay in Canada. She needs to show strong ties to her country. Processing can be many months. She is applying for the visa not you.
I am PR, So there is nothing to do from my side, everything should be done by her?

Aug 26, 2020
She needs to show her own funds (bank accounts) that she can support herself and strong ties to the country. You aren’t in the country to provide a letter of invitation.
But if I am in the country I can provide a letter of invitation right?
thank you for the insight

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But if I am in the country I can provide a letter of invitation right?
thank you for the insight
TRV isn't guaranteed especially if you just arrived in Canada. It creates concerns that she may be moving with you. Would warn you that there are residency requirements to qualify for healthcare because it sounds as if you are only travelling to give birth. If you come to Canada you should be prepared for the possibility that you will be in Canada alone with your children. Usually you become a tax resident which would mean your husband is a tax resident and you'll be taxed on all your foreign income. Travel restrictions can start at any time due to covid. Travel during pregnancy is not recommended. In some Canadian ICUs 30% are pregnant women or recently postpartum. There are many things you should be considering.