+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother-in-law from India to support my wife during pregnancy

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Thanks for sharing. I'm now thinking of applying for a visitor's visa. The only caveat being the finances of my in laws. I'm not sure how to show their account - if just statements will do or a bank letter is required. Things like how much history do they see because I could transfer some money to them now but account statement will show it. So it's confusing

How did you get biometrics done when VACs are closed? No health checkup was required?

sdhillon

Jun 28, 2017
Hey guys, I have the biometrics done for my parents last year , and its still valid. They have a visitor visa, but now I am planning to apply for super visa for them. Do you know by chance will it take more time for processing at it shows on the website?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Thanks for sharing. I'm now thinking of applying for a visitor's visa. The only caveat being the finances of my in laws. I'm not sure how to show their account - if just statements will do or a bank letter is required. Things like how much history do they see because I could transfer some money to them now but account statement will show it. So it's confusing

How did you get biometrics done when VACs are closed? No health checkup was required?
We provided a current balance letter from the Indian bank.

I have sent my in-law to Dubai to give her Biometrics. Covid test and visa are required to travel to Dubai and costs about 80k-1lakh for 3-4 days travel for 2 people (My in-law needs help so she has to take her son with her to Dubai).

Note: Only the person giving Biometrics is allowed inside VFS Dubai.

Newbie_here

Feb 22, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21 MAR 2018
AOR Received.
20 JUNE 2018
Med's Done....
5 JUL 18
How to apply for biometrics in Dubai? My login is in vfs India and it only gives me centres in India for appointment.

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
We provided a current balance letter from the Indian bank.

I have sent my in-law to Dubai to give her Biometrics. Covid test and visa are required to travel to Dubai and costs about 80k-1lakh for 3-4 days travel for 2 people (My in-law needs help so she has to take her son with her to Dubai).

Note: Only the person giving Biometrics is allowed inside VFS Dubai.
Wow that's clever! Did you wait for Biometrics test and then booked visa appointment in Dubai or she was there already?

Also, did CIC require medicals for visitors visa too?

Last edited:

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Wow that's clever! Did you wait for Biometrics test and then booked visa appointment in Dubai or she was there already?

Also, did CIC require medicals for visitors visa too?
Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Applied for Dubai visa: October 28, 2020

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

October 30, 2020: Booked flight tickets to Dubai based on the Biometrics appointment availability (you have to book flight tickets and Biometrics appointment simultaneously)

Traveled to Dubai: November 06, 2020

Stay in the hotel until the Coivd test results: November 07, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020

No Medicals required if travel is less than 6 months

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
@sb0821 came across some useful information on Canada.ca - if you have already applied for a visa you can send an email to prioritise your application with details to ircc as per this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

Maybe you've done this already.
I have filled the below information in IMM52527e:

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

I thought this will prioritize my application????

@sameermaira Please let me know if I have to send an email to IRCC with all the information??????

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
I have filled the below information in IMM52527e:

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

I thought this will prioritize my application????

@sameermaira Please let me know if I have to send an email to IRCC with all the information??????
I am not sure, it's best to call their customer support on Monday. If you have already done step 2 then I guess it should work. Sorry I am not a 100% , I just found this article an hour back :)

Reactions: sb0821

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
I don't see any harm in emailing them and follow instructions under section "What to do if you’ve already applied for a visitor visa". It says they will contact you within 14 days of receipt of the application. But I recommend discussing with an IRCC customer service rep first.

Reactions: sb0821

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hi,

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Please let me know if anyone in this situation and timeline so that we can keep in touch here about the updates.

Thanks
We are in same situation & applied back in August. Biometrics done but still no update yet.
I even delivered my baby now.
can i ask if mother is immediate member of PR/Citizen or Temporary resident?

Last edited:

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
We are in same situation & applied back in August. Biometrics done but still no update yet.
I even delivered my baby now.
can i ask if mother is immediate member of PR/Citizen or Temporary resident?
Where did your mother completed the Biometrics?

Your mother is an Immediate family member to you.

Victor paul

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
16/08/2016
LANDED..........
13/09/2016
Hi,

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Please let me know if anyone in this situation and timeline so that we can keep in touch here about the updates.

Thanks
How did you do your biometrics?