+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Mother-in-law from India to support my wife during pregnancy

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Hi,

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020

Please let me know if anyone in this situation and timeline so that we can keep in touch here about the updates.

Thanks

Last edited:

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Yes, I did check the processing times.

Biometric centers closed across India for the last 7 months and as a result, almost all of them from India applied for a visa online and now waiting to give Biometrics once the VFS centers open.

I am not sure why they need 244 days when there are only a handful of people who have already completed Biometrics??????

Reactions: jeenu123

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Did you apply for a Super Visa or a regular visitors visa? I checked the processing times for a Super Visa and it shows 300+ days. I'm in a similar situation and were hoping my wife's mother arrives by February 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you apply for a Super Visa or a regular visitors visa? I checked the processing times for a Super Visa and it shows 300+ days. I'm in a similar situation and were hoping my wife's mother arrives by February 2020
How long have you and your wife been working in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, I did check the processing times.

Biometric centers closed across India for the last 7 months and as a result, almost all of them from India applied for a visa online and now waiting to give Biometrics once the VFS centers open.

I am not sure why they need 244 days when there are only a handful of people who have already completed Biometrics??????
Offices in India have almost no staff due to covid.

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
How long have you and your wife been working in Canada?
I have been working since I got here which is Nov 2018. I've filed 2 tax returns which show fulltime employment. My wife has filed just one but she has not employed full time. I will be sponsoring my MIL.

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
I have applied for a regular visitor visa.

your baby due date?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Offices in India have almost no staff due to covid.
That's true. Let's hope for the best.

I have seen the below post from a thread. His mother got a visit visa in 2 weeks. I wish this happens to everyone.

Nov 8, 2020

I have applied visitor visa for my mother ,here is the timeline

Online Application date: 26 Oct 2020
Biometric correspodence Letter: 31 Oct 2020

Received 2 way instrction letter today ,but have not received PPR yet.
Application status on cic website is still showing in progress ,what does that mean ? Is it approved ?

Why would they send two way instruction without sending passport request letter ?

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Ours is Feb 04, 2021
Congratulations and good luck!

Did you apply for her visa online from Canada? Also, what did you mention in the financial part of the application? One of the reasons I was looking to do a super visa was because financial condition of my in-laws has not been very consistent over the last couple of months. My MIL has a house in her name but is dependent on my FIL whose income is sporadic due to being in business. I read on a thread here that for a super visa, the financial condition of the person in Canada matters more than the applicant. Do you know if that's true? Have you shown some sponsorship for visitors visa too?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Congratulations and good luck!

Did you apply for her visa online from Canada? Also, what did you mention in the financial part of the application? One of the reasons I was looking to do a super visa was because financial condition of my in-laws has not been very consistent over the last couple of months. My MIL has a house in her name but is dependent on my FIL whose income is sporadic due to being in business. I read on a thread here that for a super visa, the financial condition of the person in Canada matters more than the applicant. Do you know if that's true? Have you shown some sponsorship for visitors visa too?
Thank you!

We have applied for a Visitor visa online and completed biometrics.

Yes, I think person income in Canada matters more than the applicant.

For our visa, shown funds from here and India. Some properties of my in-law's in India. and here me and my wife's employment income.

sameermaira

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Thank you!

We have applied for a Visitor visa online and completed biometrics.

Yes, I think person income in Canada matters more than the applicant.

For our visa, shown funds from here and India. Some properties of my in-law's in India. and here me and my wife's employment income.
Oh okay, is there an online calculator that you used to estimate the funds required for their entire stay? What purpose did you mention in your invitation letter? Also, did you mention you would pay for things like their return flight tickets etc?

sb0821

Star Member
Nov 15, 2016
Oh okay, is there an online calculator that you used to estimate the funds required for their entire stay? What purpose did you mention in your invitation letter? Also, did you mention you would pay for things like their return flight tickets etc?
No Calculator for funds but we showed 15k Cad in Canada and 10k Cad in India(in-laws bank account)

did you mention you would pay for things like their return flight tickets etc? we managed to show both will take care of the expenses.

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy.

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020