+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa for husband (canadian wife, both living abroad)

Salma94

Nov 15, 2018
Hello,

Any help would be appreciated as I'm trying to figure out my husband's chances of getting a TRV while being married to a Canadian. We both live abroad, we own an apartment and a car. He has a stable job and I don't work (so I would be dependent on him). We don't have plans to move to Canada just yet but we'd love to go there on vacation and I want him to explore the country. Would it strengthen his application if I say that I'm accompanying him or not? If yes, how would I go about proving that we will both return to our home country given that I also have a Canadian citizenship? What should I mention in the application and what should I not? When my name as his wife is put on the application under family members, will they research about all the family members and know that I'm Canadian? He can provide proof of house ownership, car loan that is being paid off, flight ticket showing return date, and bank statements. Also, his immediate family is all in our home country (not sure what documents are required to prove that though). Thanks!!

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yes they will know you’re Canadian—pretty sure there is a section in the application stating the spouse’s nationality. Are you only Canadian, or do you still hold your home country’s citizenship?

Note that the return flight is not considered proof. He must show socio-economic proof like the loans, employment letter, bank statements, etc.

Also I guess it depends on the visa office, but a few cases have shown success writing letters detailing ties to their home country. Hard proof is still the best though.

Salma94

Nov 15, 2018
Yes they will know you’re Canadian—pretty sure there is a section in the application stating the spouse’s nationality. Are you only Canadian, or do you still hold your home country’s citizenship?

Note that the return flight is not considered proof. He must show socio-economic proof like the loans, employment letter, bank statements, etc.

Also I guess it depends on the visa office, but a few cases have shown success writing letters detailing ties to their home country. Hard proof is still the best though.

Thanks for the reply and I hold my home country's citizenship.