+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Grandparents

albela

Sep 21, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am getting married next year in canada. I am a permanent residence since 2015. I wanted to apply for visitor visa for my grandparents (why not supervisa- coz of low income than required, also the mandatory insurance piece is really expensive). They dont have any fixed assets under their name. They dont have enough savings under their name. They live with my parents. I was thinking of attaching my wedding invitation. I have 2 questions:
1. what documents can i use to show that they will return back to india after their trip?
2. do u think getting insurance for them (as they are arnd 75) and attaching that with the application would help?

any comments/suggestions are much appreciated. :)
thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are they fit to fly? It will be a long haul flight from India.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. what documents can i use to show that they will return back to india after their trip?
2. do u think getting insurance for them (as they are arnd 75) and attaching that with the application would help?
As your grandparents live with your parents, their family ties to India will reduce if they were to attend your wedding with your parents.

This and the fact that they don't own any assets nor do they have adequate finances/funds for their visit means the chances of them being refused TRVs are high.

IMO, you should invite only one grandparent (tough decision as it is your wedding).... not both.... and prove that s/he has your other grandparent as the family tie back in India.

In this case, your parents must include a Letter of Financial Support for the accompanying grandparent.

Your parents must show:
1. Their individual strong ties
2. More than enough funds to pay for their visit + airfare + your grandparent visit and airfare
3. Do buy overseas travel medical insurance not just for your grandparent but for your parents also (it costs almost nothing but takes care of emergencies)
4. Include some reason why the accompanying grandparent will return to India (for example, pension renewal, medical checkup, etc)

Cheers

albela

Sep 21, 2014
Bryanna said:
Hi,
As your grandparents live with your parents, their family ties to India will reduce if they were to attend your wedding with your parents.

This and the fact that they don't own any assets nor do they have adequate finances/funds for their visit means the chances of them being refused TRVs are high.

IMO, you should invite only one grandparent (tough decision as it is your wedding).... not both.... and prove that s/he has your other grandparent as the family tie back in India.

In this case, your parents must include a Letter of Financial Support for the accompanying grandparent.

Your parents must show:
1. Their individual strong ties
2. More than enough funds to pay for their visit + airfare + your grandparent visit and airfare
3. Do buy overseas travel medical insurance not just for your grandparent but for your parents also (it costs almost nothing but takes care of emergencies)
4. Include some reason why the accompanying grandparent will return to India (for example, pension renewal, medical checkup, etc)

Cheers
hi, thanks for the quick response and detailed reply.
as this is a family function, i would want both of them to come
so my grandparents are both dependant on my parents. If i show that they are all coming together, and as they are dependant on my parents they would be going back with them (as my parents are the providers for them). Do you think this angle would be good?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
albela said:
hi, thanks for the quick response and detailed reply.
as this is a family function, i would want both of them to come
so my grandparents are both dependant on my parents. If i show that they are all coming together, and as they are dependant on my parents they would be going back with them (as my parents are the providers for them). Do you think this angle would be good?
Your options are:
1. Only invite your parents, not your grandparents:
Hope your parents have strong ties to India. One of their ties can be your dependent grandparents.

2. Invite your parents + one grandparent:
The invited grandparent can show the non-accompanying grandparent as the reason to return

3. Invite your parents + both your grandparents:
Both your grandparents maybe refused for their family ties, financial situation, travel history, etc

To a visa officer, you can have another wedding ceremony, in India, for family members/friends.

As your grandparents do not have any assets, finances, and are dependent on your parents, their chances of getting TRVs are low. IMO, it won't work if you mention they must return because they are dependent on your parents. For example, they can stay for longer with you if their visitor status is extended (your parents return to India)