+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa For Family (Mother + Father+ Brother)@housewarming

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hii Guys ,

I have bought a new house in brampton and the closing of the house is in the month of May .So ,I'm planning to apply for visitor visa for my family in India to have house warming celebration .Can you please let me know if below documents are ok or should I add few more ?? Also can i apply online for three of them together or do I need to create three seperate online profiles for them .

My father is a Government employee ,Mother is a home maker & my brother works as sales manager in Philips .Below are the documents I have got it
1) Photos & Passports
2) Ration Card (House hold Card) Showing all members in the family
3) CA report of all three showing assets & Bank balances in India
4) Employment letters of My father and Brother
5) Invitation letter mentioning the house warming ( I'll also be adding my house related documents)
6) Bank Statements of my Brother & Father (10000$ in each account )
7) My bank statement showing 80000$ , Last year T4 and my Employment letter

Do I need to book a complete to and fro ticket for each of them or just return ticket or itenary should suffice ?? Also Do i need submit any tax documents for my father ??

Please let me know ...Thank you !!

Greenhorn

Nov 10, 2015
following this thread! I am in almost similar situation - would love to hear what experts chime in with..

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes it should be okay. Apply through VFS India. Also go through the check list before apply.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
kiran_6sb said:
Hii Guys ,

I have bought a new house in brampton and the closing of the house is in the month of May .So ,I'm planning to apply for visitor visa for my family in India to have house warming celebration .Can you please let me know if below documents are ok or should I add few more ?? Also can i apply online for three of them together or do I need to create three seperate online profiles for them .

My father is a Government employee ,Mother is a home maker & my brother works as sales manager in Philips .Below are the documents I have got it
1) Photos & Passports
2) Ration Card (House hold Card) Showing all members in the family
3) CA report of all three showing assets & Bank balances in India
4) Employment letters of My father and Brother
5) Invitation letter mentioning the house warming ( I'll also be adding my house related documents)
6) Bank Statements of my Brother & Father (10000$ in each account )
7) My bank statement showing 80000$ , Last year T4 and my Employment letter

Do I need to book a complete to and fro ticket for each of them or just return ticket or itenary should suffice ?? Also Do i need submit any tax documents for my father ??

Please let me know ...Thank you !!
Hi,

The above documents are inadequate. You must also include....

For your dad:
An NOC from his employer approving his leave/stating he will have his job when he returns + 6 months salary slips + 2 years ITRs + 6 months bank statements + any financial investments (FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares, etc)

For your brother:
Similar to the documents which I have given for your dad + he must prove that he must return by a specific date for his work commitments

For your mom:
6 months bank statements + 2 years ITRs + letter of financial support from your dad/brother if she has inadequate finances to pay for her visit + financial investments

The CA statement is not good enough. If they own property/land then they must include copies of property ownership documents (including current market valuation) + property tax receipts + copies of other investments

Purpose of Visit: Do not limit it to the housewarming party. Include sightseeing, spending time with you/your family. Prepare a day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates.

Do not book plane tickets until visas are issued.

Do they have any other dependent family members?
Have they traveled to countries like the US/UK/Schengen?
Also, the bank balance must match their individual income + no last minute, large deposits/nothing borrowed

Cheers

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply Bryanna ... can you also answer below questions..

1) I have already mentioned in my invitation letter that Ill be supporting my parents and my brother .Do they still need to provide the ITRs+ Pay slips + 6 month Bank statement ?

2) Also My mom doesnt work & she doesnt have the bank balance to show ..Do we need her ITRs as well ?

3) Also is NOC mandatory for my bro and dad ...it can take a lot of time to get from Govt ..Can we go through without providing it ?

4) Can we apply online through a single my CIC profile for all three of them or do I need to create individually ? ..I would prefer to do it myself rather than VFS

The bank balances ae not last minute deposits .

Also My brother's wife is a US citizen and he is planning to move to US in few months(his GC application is in process) and my parents have travelled to Singapore /Malaysia on their old passport .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) I have already mentioned in my invitation letter that Ill be supporting my parents and my brother .Do they still need to provide the ITRs+ Pay slips + 6 month Bank statement ?
Yes, they must include their ITRs, pay slips, 6 month's bank statements.

These documents are necessary to prove they can afford the visit + to prove that their financial situation all adds up to their claims

2) Also My mom doesnt work & she doesnt have the bank balance to show ..Do we need her ITRs as well ?
If your mom earns any interest from FDs/rental income/shares, etc then she must file ITRs. Even if she does nor earn any income she can file 'Nil Returns'

3) Also is NOC mandatory for my bro and dad ...it can take a lot of time to get from Govt ..Can we go through without providing it ?
As your dad works in a government department, he must prove that his leave has been approved + he will have his job when he returns. Same for your brother.

4) Can we apply online through a single my CIC profile for all three of them or do I need to create individually ? ..I would prefer to do it myself rather than VFS
Yes, you can

Also My brother's wife is a US citizen and he is planning to move to US in few months(his GC application is in process)
This is why your brother must prove he has strong ties to India... to prove he will not overstay his visit in Canada while he waits for his GC.

Unfortunately, Singapore and Malaysia do not count as travel history

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
kiran_6sb said:
Thanks for the reply Bryanna ... can you also answer below questions..

The bank balances ae not last minute deposits .

Also My brother's wife is a US citizen and he is planning to move to US in few months(his GC application is in process) and my parents have travelled to Singapore /Malaysia on their old passport .
No objection certificate is a must.
Also show your families income tax.
Create a day by day trip itinerary, book refundable hotels for reasonable trips ie (niagra falls visit), provide bookings.
Provide your residency/citizenship proof.
Plus what Bryanna said.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hi Bryanna ,

I would like to the following..

1.could I apply for spousal sponsorship for my wife and visit visa or a super visa for my parents at the same time?

2. Proof of financial support : how much would be sufficient if my mum is home maker and only my dad works? should they have a joint account?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
rockwidme said:
Hi Bryanna ,

I would like to the following..

1.could I apply for spousal sponsorship for my wife and visit visa or a super visa for my parents at the same time?

2. Proof of financial support : how much would be sufficient if my mum is home maker and only my dad works? should they have a joint account?
Hi,

1. You can apply for both i.e. PR for your wife + super visa for your parents. You must prove that you meet LICO for the super visa applications.

2. For super visas, your financial situation matters more. Having said that, your parents must prove they have strong ties to return home to. It is not necessary to have a joint bank account. Your mom can include financial investments and her bank account details

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
maninder.gta said:
Hello all;
I want to apply for mother and father? how much is the duration time for Visitor visa processing?
You can check the estimated processing time here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi,

1. You can apply for both i.e. PR for your wife + super visa for your parents. You must prove that you meet LICO for the super visa applications.

2. For super visas, your financial situation matters more. Having said that, your parents must prove they have strong ties to return home to. It is not necessary to have a joint bank account. Your mom can include financial investments and her bank account details

Cheers

Thanks for the info Bryanna ! so when the say provide proof of financial support in the checklist , are they referring to my financial situation?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The Visa Office Instructions lists the financial documents of the inviter for the super visa:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5881E.pdf

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
rockwidme said:
Thanks for the info Bryanna ! so when the say provide proof of financial support in the checklist , are they referring to my financial situation?
No it's the applicant's financial documents they ask. But you can also provide yours as supporting documents to make the case stronger.

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife
Hi @Bryanna

I would really appreciate if you can help me out with my brother's visa. I am on work permit and working in IT. I want my brother and mom to visit me in December. My mom already has Canada visa and she is Government employee.
My brother is working for an IT company but he has not saved much. So, I am thinking of writing a financial letter of support from my mother. Would that be fine?
My mother is his responsibility in terms of emotional and other support so he has to go back after the intended stay.
I have attached my bank statements and my mom's (joint account with brother) bank statements with total of $22000.
Also my brother is going to attach his salary slips and leave of absence from his company.

Can you guys help me if I am missing anything?