+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa for extended family(my brother)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I'm out because I only have experience with paper applications.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
You fill it out as citizen and then he signs it too. Then you have have it notarized. Then you send it in. Many steps.
Send it in with the application? so basically a brother is not considered immediate family? How to make it essential? examples of reasons please

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send it in with the application? so basically a brother is not considered immediate family? How to make it essential? examples of reasons please
It's because the brother is already 25 and he will be considered as an extended family member of the original poster.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You are replying to an older post about travel authorization. Your brother is not your immediate family. He is your extended family. He needs a visitor visa and completion of webform to get written authorization.

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
You are replying to an older post about travel authorization. Your brother is not your immediate family. He is your extended family. He needs a visitor visa and completion of webform to get written authorization.
Correct. Older post. I didn’t want to make a new one. This one serves the same purpose.
1)Do I apply for visitor visa first and wait for decision, then if approved apply for authorization? Or do both at the same time?
2) how about the statutory declaration IMM0006? Also after visa approval?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Correct. Older post. I didn’t want to make a new one. This one serves the same purpose.
1)Do I apply for visitor visa first and wait for decision, then if approved apply for authorization? Or do both at the same time?
2) how about the statutory declaration IMM0006? Also after visa approval?
You can apply for both at the same time. It is through webform and on the website.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

Yaso4ka

Jun 11, 2021
Hi I wanted to invite my brother to Canada on a visitor visa and I am really confused which application I have to apply and what the process looks like?
should i send him a letter of invitation or just apply for the authorization and statutory form (IMM006e) alongside he will apply for TRV ? is a letter of invitation beneficial?
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Hi! How did it work for your brother? What country were you applying from?

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
How about IMM0006, do I really need to submit with my TRV online? And what’s the reason to travel should be :)? I think in my invitation letter I could say, just to visit me this summer.

smathews92

Jun 17, 2021
Im in a weird spot here, I am pregnant and my parents who are residing in Dubai with my younger brother (who is 9 years old only) want to travel to be with me to assist me. Now, the weirdest thing is, we applied for all three of them, and since my brother is considered extended family we submitted the required documentation for him as well for the written authorization - now all of them got their visas May 22nd 2021, however, my brother did not receive the written authorization from IRCC. I resend the request for him on 24th May, we still didn't receive any response. Today, once again I send them a remainder email.
Is it because he is minor and with parents he doesn't need it? I really don't know what to think since its not a positive or negative response - its no response from them. As since his visa was processed, that means they did look at the request, still don't know why they didn't give a authorization though.
Can anyone shed some light onto this? Im going out of mind with this and frankly losing patience with the IRCC. @Naturgrl

fazlook

Nov 4, 2016
Ottawa
Im in a weird spot here, I am pregnant and my parents who are residing in Dubai with my younger brother (who is 9 years old only) want to travel to be with me to assist me. Now, the weirdest thing is, we applied for all three of them, and since my brother is considered extended family we submitted the required documentation for him as well for the written authorization - now all of them got their visas May 22nd 2021, however, my brother did not receive the written authorization from IRCC. I resend the request for him on 24th May, we still didn't receive any response. Today, once again I send them a remainder email.
Is it because he is minor and with parents he doesn't need it? I really don't know what to think since its not a positive or negative response - its no response from them. As since his visa was processed, that means they did look at the request, still don't know why they didn't give a authorization though.
Can anyone shed some light onto this? Im going out of mind with this and frankly losing patience with the IRCC. @Naturgrl
He is the only minor one in the family in Dubai?
Also, what documentation specific to him you sent? other than online TRV document.

smathews92

Jun 17, 2021
He is the only minor one in the family in Dubai?
Also, what documentation specific to him you sent? other than online TRV document.
Yes, my parents are clearly not minors but they can’t leave him behind as he is only 9 years old.
I send whatever they had asked - proof of my PR and relationship as well, IMM006 form notarized, plus even added in the quarantine plan and family representative form because clearly he is too young to represent himself. In the web form I gave them the reasons for exemption and travel dates as well.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Don’t send another webform as they clearly state not too. You will have to wait for a response. Responses can take weeks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, my parents are clearly not minors but they can’t leave him behind as he is only 9 years old.
I send whatever they had asked - proof of my PR and relationship as well, IMM006 form notarized, plus even added in the quarantine plan and family representative form because clearly he is too young to represent himself. In the web form I gave them the reasons for exemption and travel dates as well.
Did they all receive TRV approval? Did you fill out the online priority processing?