+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa for Domestic Work

Elf G

May 22, 2024
Hi, my father is a non resident Canadian citizen residing in Hong Kong. He's planning to come back to Canada to visit me because I'm giving birth in Sept. Because he had a liver transplant, he requires his Indonesian domestic helper to take care of him especially his medications and diet. So he's planning to invite the domestic helper to come along for the trip to take care of him for 1-2months and go back to Hong Kong together. He will be able to provide a medical note for it. I'm wondering how likely the domestic helper be able to get the visitor visa? She has no education background and no savings. What kind of additional documents I should provide IRCC so her visitor visa can be granted? Thank-you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, my father is a non resident Canadian citizen residing in Hong Kong. He's planning to come back to Canada to visit me because I'm giving birth in Sept. Because he had a liver transplant, he requires his Indonesian domestic helper to take care of him especially his medications and diet. So he's planning to invite the domestic helper to come along for the trip to take care of him for 1-2months and go back to Hong Kong together. He will be able to provide a medical note for it. I'm wondering how likely the domestic helper be able to get the visitor visa? She has no education background and no savings. What kind of additional documents I should provide IRCC so her visitor visa can be granted? Thank-you!
She applies on her own showing her own funds, travel history and ties to return (spouse, children, job letter, investment property etc.). She cannot come as a worker because that is illegal so father cannot provide letter that he needs a caregiver. So you should be setting up care with a Canadian PSW for him when he comes to Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Also want to point out that you will need to get travel health insurance for your father since he is a non- resident and is unlikely to meet residence requirement for provincial healthcare coverage as temp visit.

Reactions: Elf G

Elf G

May 22, 2024
Can we apply business visa?

She applies on her own showing her own funds, travel history and ties to return (spouse, children, job letter, investment property etc.). She cannot come as a worker because that is illegal so father cannot provide letter that he needs a caregiver. So you should be setting up care with a Canadian PSW for him when he comes to Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can we apply business visa?
No. A business visa is not a work visa. It is a visa for a person to come to meetings in Canada on behalf of their company, as an example. Or to attend a conference. It is to conduct their international business activities.