May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
lellen said:
Nothing for me yet! A lady at CIC said she would send them an email, and I sent a case specific enquiry as well. Do you think it's getting denied and that's why it's taking so long?
I'm glad you solved the license issue. Yes, you're right, anything that's not CIC works fast.
I don't know what's happening, but that's sure that they are behind themselves in lots of ways, and even their website isn't reliable anymore, so it can be a "simple" delay. I haven't got answer for my case specific enquire, LOL

Dreamtwitch

Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Done....
31-07-2014
Having the same problem here too.
Applied online July 3rd, and received the "submitted" message a day later. Then on July 9th I received an email with a supposed update, but nothing was different.
This morning I decided to check myCIC after checking my email (like every day lately..) and I was apparently approved with no email update. Hope I get it in the mail now and this isn't some fluke.

Hah, the other day I talked to an agent at the call centre. The person working said there was no "extension of visitor record" (only study and work visas) and that she couldn't access any information since it would be outside Canada.... what. I decided to not challenge her notion when she continued to deny being able to do anything and just said "Alright then, have a nice day". I don't know if there was some glaring miscommunication, or the fact it was nearing 4pm.

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
IP: 7-Apr-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 30-May-2015
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
Hi everyone,

Can you please share what documents you all submitted for the visitor extension. and did you all include a cover letter. If so what to write in that ?

Thank you so much for your response !

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
sophieee said:
I didn't call, but I sent a case specific enquiry.

Ponga, you are right, now I regret it, but I still would need the visa extension for the driver's licence.
You can get a Canadian Driver's Licence with a Visitor's Visa?!??? Do you have a link or additional info on this??

Life would be so much easier if my husband could drive sometimes too!!! (I want a fancy dinner where I actually get to drink the champagne!!! hahaha) :D

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
I was able to obtain a driver's licence with just few 4 months left on my visitor visa. They didn't seem to ask for visa particularly.
They looked at my passport for ID verification.
And I was also able to exchange my US licence.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ACS said:
You can get a Canadian Driver's Licence with a Visitor's Visa?!??? Do you have a link or additional info on this??
It depends on the province, in BC you have to have a primary and a secondary ID, a primary ID can be a visitor visa if valid for more than 6 months:
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/visit-dl-office/Pages/Accepted-ID.aspx

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
innosense said:
I was able to obtain a driver's licence with just few 4 months left on my visitor visa. They didn't seem to ask for visa particularly.
They looked at my passport for ID verification.
And I was also able to exchange my US licence.
US (and a few other country) has a has reciprocal agreement with BC, so its different, much more easier, you don't even need to take the tests.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
Dreamtwitch said:
Hah, the other day I talked to an agent at the call centre. The person working said there was no "extension of visitor record" (only study and work visas) and that she couldn't access any information since it would be outside Canada.... what. I decided to not challenge her notion when she continued to deny being able to do anything and just said "Alright then, have a nice day". I don't know if there was some glaring miscommunication, or the fact it was nearing 4pm.
This sounds so much like Little Britain's uber-famous "computer says NO". It's like they employ the most unhelpful people on purpose. JeBus Christ, it's just a visitor extension, what can possibly be so complicated....

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
i assume the people who answer the phone at cic are not aware of or trained on every single process CIC has. also, it is my guess this role is "rotated" throughout CIC, so the person who is answering may not even be qualified to answer the questions asked. you never know who these people are. they can be people who are randomly hired to answer phones, or they can be working in a department that has nothing to do with sponsorship or visas.

MissRepresentation

Apr 11, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
ACS said:
This applies to BC only

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/visit-dl-office/Pages/Accepted-ID.aspx

innosense

Feb 13, 2014
Toronto / Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
10-Jun-2015
sophieee said:
US (and a few other country) has a has reciprocal agreement with BC, so its different, much more easier, you don't even need to take the tests.
I am in Ontario and I got it in June.

montorq

Jan 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
My application was updated again this morning, and now I got a letter that has the validity date, I got a one year extension! ;D
Congratulations Sophie!
How long did you request your extension in the application? Can we request it for 1 year or more?

I applied for extension online on July 10th 2014, and haven't heard anything so far.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
montorq said:
Congratulations Sophie!
How long did you request your extension in the application? Can we request it for 1 year or more?

I applied for extension online on July 10th 2014, and haven't heard anything so far.
This time I asked for one year and got it. Before that (around march) I only got 6 months, but that time I didn't have AOR, maybe that was the reason.

Lellen, have you heard anything?

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
Ugh it's been 61 days for me! I received an email on Saturday saying that my application was updated, logged on, nothing. Every day I have logged on since then, and nothing. Today I logged on from a different browser, it says it has been approved. Yay? I don't know for how long though.

driftcars

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
montorq said:
Congratulations Sophie!

According to the time table on the online application, they're processing the application submitted on July 13. You may want to give them a call if you haven't received anything. I am in the same boat, I will call them later today.