+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa extension; Approval received day after request for medical? Please help clarify!

Betai

Jan 26, 2018
I am in a similar situation, the email says medicals to be complete 30 days on receiving the email, however my mother plans to leave 10 days prior to the last day of the extended stay and this would be 10 days after she completes 30 days on receiving the email so was wondering if doing the medicals can be avoided as its an additional cost. any suggestions.

an example below
email received on 1st January
30 days would be 30 January
she leaves on 20 January

can she leave without medicals on 20 January ???
If she is already on her extended period, I'd say "yes". It is better to send the medicals and have the file completed. But if she receives the VR without any restrictions related to the medicals, she is good, meaning that she will not have further problemas if she does not send it. Next time she applies she will have to send the medicals as priority document.

I recommend you to call CIC, they can confirm it for you.

Manji0088

Oct 9, 2018
My mother in law received a multiple entry visitor visa (not a super visa) in August 2017 (expires in about 5 years on the same date her passport expires) and she flew to stay with us and at the time we figured it would be the full 6 months allowed per visit. A few weeks ago we decided to apply for an extension so that she could experience summer here as well. On Thursday, we received a request for her to have a medical and it noted that she would have implied status until Feb 18 (Original 6 months would expire Feb 11) to obtain the medical. She initially didn't require a medical and we were told by cic that it wasn't necessary unless requested which would be fine.

However, after applying, we remembered that there was a important family event towards the end of March and that she was going to go back at that point either way. Because of this, once we got the medical request, we decided it wasn't worth the cost of having it done since she would only be staying an extra 3-4 weeks. But then, on Friday, we received another notice from the CIC portal stating that her extension application had been approved and that the paperwork was in the mail.

Given the fact that implied status exists, I don't see why they would give an approval unless the application was fully approved and not contingent on a medical. The approval letter stated nothing about implied status, just approval. We were about to buy her return ticket this weekend, but if she is already approved to stay until she wanted to go home in mid March, then of course she would stay that long. But ticket prices fluctuate quite a bit and there can be a $500 plus swing in ticket prices the closer you get to the travel dates. So if she is leaving in February, we want to buy as soon as possible.

So my questions:
1) Has anyone been in a situation where they received full approval right after a request for a medical?
2) Of course we will contact CIC, but in your experience, do you think she still needs the medical since they gave her a full approval the day after the initial request?
3) Is there potentially any issue with her not following through on the extension after applying for it? I feel like it looks bad that she cancels the application after the medical request. But if she was going to be staying for more than a few extra weeks we would absolutely go through with the medical.
4) My wife was reading somewhere that if they don't stamp a date on her passport when she arrives, she is actually able to stay up to one year, not 6 months as we assumed and they did not stamp a required exit date on her passport. Has anyone heard of this before?
My mother in law received a multiple entry visitor visa (not a super visa) in August 2017 (expires in about 5 years on the same date her passport expires) and she flew to stay with us and at the time we figured it would be the full 6 months allowed per visit. A few weeks ago we decided to apply for an extension so that she could experience summer here as well. On Thursday, we received a request for her to have a medical and it noted that she would have implied status until Feb 18 (Original 6 months would expire Feb 11) to obtain the medical. She initially didn't require a medical and we were told by cic that it wasn't necessary unless requested which would be fine.

However, after applying, we remembered that there was a important family event towards the end of March and that she was going to go back at that point either way. Because of this, once we got the medical request, we decided it wasn't worth the cost of having it done since she would only be staying an extra 3-4 weeks. But then, on Friday, we received another notice from the CIC portal stating that her extension application had been approved and that the paperwork was in the mail.

Given the fact that implied status exists, I don't see why they would give an approval unless the application was fully approved and not contingent on a medical. The approval letter stated nothing about implied status, just approval. We were about to buy her return ticket this weekend, but if she is already approved to stay until she wanted to go home in mid March, then of course she would stay that long. But ticket prices fluctuate quite a bit and there can be a $500 plus swing in ticket prices the closer you get to the travel dates. So if she is leaving in February, we want to buy as soon as possible.

So my questions:
1) Has anyone been in a situation where they received full approval right after a request for a medical?
2) Of course we will contact CIC, but in your experience, do you think she still needs the medical since they gave her a full approval the day after the initial request?
3) Is there potentially any issue with her not following through on the extension after applying for it? I feel like it looks bad that she cancels the application after the medical request. But if she was going to be staying for more than a few extra weeks we would absolutely go through with the medical.
4) My wife was reading somewhere that if they don't stamp a date on her passport when she arrives, she is actually able to stay up to one year, not 6 months as we assumed and they did not stamp a required exit date on her passport. Has anyone heard of this before?

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014

So my questions:
Hi there,
If you don't mind, Could you please share your mom's request letter fro visa extension ? You can email me as well.
TIA

Manji0088

Oct 9, 2018
I have been in same situation... My mother got approved approved after one day of medical request...I was also cofuse on that time, but after getting her visitor extension permit by main everything was clear...Cic put a condition that she still has to send us medical with in one month..I think Cic give you apptoval becasue processing time is almost three months this time, If they have to wait for your medical it add up atleast one more month in processing time , and they dont want to put a person on implied status for atleast 4 or 5 months..Cic do give you approved, but with a condition on you visitor extension permit..

gavani

Oct 20, 2011
Same here and I got confused. One question, how long does the immigration medical examination valid?

The reason I ask is that I’m sponsoring my dad to immigrate here. His application decision has been made but we haven’t received any request regarding the medical exam for the sponsorship. But he did receive the Medical request for the extension his stay in Canada. Can we use the same medical result for the sponsorship afterwards when we receive the request?

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Same here and I got confused. One question, how long does the immigration medical examination valid?

The reason I ask is that I’m sponsoring my dad to immigrate here. His application decision has been made but we haven’t received any request regarding the medical exam for the sponsorship. But he did receive the Medical request for the extension his stay in Canada. Can we use the same medical result for the sponsorship afterwards when we receive the request?

Thanks!
Yes, the same medical can be used, as long as it is not more than a year old.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
But how? Asking another copy of the result and send it out by myself when I receive the request for sponsorship?
Did you not keep a copy of the medical receipt? If not, then yes, you need to get another copy from the Panel Physician's office.

Manji0088

Oct 9, 2018
Yes, the same medical can be used, as long as it is not more than a year old.
Hi dear, i am in the same situation.. I have had medical done for visitor visa within Canada and i want to send same medical reports for PR application under processing in New Delhi, India. Since, medical reports are not being directly sent my doctor, i am not sure at what address should i send my medical reports? Should it be new Delhi or missisauga

Manji0088

Oct 9, 2018
Thursday at 7:08 AM
I have been in same situation... My mother got approved approved after one day of medical request...I was also cofuse on that time, but after getting her visitor extension permit by main everything was clear...Cic put a condition that she still has to send us medical with in one month..I think Cic give you apptoval becasue processing time is almost three months this time, If they have to wait for your medical it add up atleast one more month in processing time , and they dont want to put a person on implied status for atleast 4 or 5 months..Cic do give you approved, but with a condition on you visitor extension permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi dear, i am in the same situation.. I have had medical done for visitor visa within Canada and i want to send same medical reports for PR application under processing in New Delhi, India. Since, medical reports are not being directly sent my doctor, i am not sure at what address should i send my medical reports? Should it be new Delhi or missisauga
Wherever the request said to send documents.

Last edited:

Ritzy5

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/11/2015
Doc's Request.
01/11/2016