+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa delay! Pls help!

@Divya

Feb 13, 2018
Hey,
My husband is a PR holder in Canada and we applied for my visitors visa on Dec 4th, 2017. It’s been 49 days and still haven’t got any reply from cic. What should I do? It says that it takes only 32 days for visa to be approved.. I’m really tensed! Really want to spend time with my husband. We have been in a long distance for 6 years now.. we thought after marriage we could spend a few months together before getting back to our careers.. :(
Anyone pls reply if you have any advice on what to do. The visa application says still under process.. pls help!!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey,
My husband is a PR holder in Canada and we applied for my visitors visa on Dec 4th, 2017. It’s been 49 days and still haven’t got any reply from cic. What should I do? It says that it takes only 32 days for visa to be approved.. I’m really tensed! Really want to spend time with my husband. We have been in a long distance for 6 years now.. we thought after marriage we could spend a few months together before getting back to our careers.. :(
Anyone pls reply if you have any advice on what to do. The visa application says still under process.. pls help!!!
The processing times published on the IRCC website are only indicative/ estimates/ guidelines. Actual processing could take much longer.

You can send a Case Specific Enquiry/IRCC web form + email to the relevant visa office to request for an early decision

@Divya

Feb 13, 2018
We sent an enquiry almost 20 working days ago.. and haven’t received any reply.. really worried! Will we face a rejection after waiting so long? ;(
The processing times published on the IRCC website are only indicative/ estimates/ guidelines. Actual processing could take much l
The processing times published on the IRCC website are only indicative/ estimates/ guidelines. Actual processing could take much longer.

You can send a Case Specific Enquiry/IRCC web form + email to the relevant visa office to request for an early decision

a

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We sent an enquiry almost 20 working days ago.. and haven’t received any reply.. really worried! Will we face a rejection after waiting so long? ;(

a
Quite honestly, chances of a TRV refusal are very high. In fact, TRV refusals are common for applicants like yourself i.e. who have Canada-resident spouses.

It would be better if you start the spousal PR application instead of waiting for a TRV

Hope for the best

@Divya

Feb 13, 2018
Okay, new problem. Now that we are thinking of applying for a pr spouse visa. My husband got his pr and made his landing after marriage, but when asked the question about spouse, he answered no, he mistook it that they were asking whether the spouse is with him, so now on landing papers it’s like he has no spouse. Is it possible to correct that? And is it possible to apply for pr spouse

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Okay, new problem. Now that we are thinking of applying for a pr spouse visa. My husband got his pr and made his landing after marriage, but when asked the question about spouse, he answered no, he mistook it that they were asking whether the spouse is with him, so now on landing papers it’s like he has no spouse. Is it possible to correct that? And is it possible to apply for pr spouse
Unfortunately, you've got yourself into a seriously terrible mess.

It was necessary for your husband to inform IRCC about any changes in his marital status + he should have added you to his PR application. There is no way that you can correct this now.

By incorrectly landing as an unmarried person when he was already married, he can no longer sponsor you for spousal PR. In fact, he has committed misrepresentation which could put his own PR status at risk

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
My husband got his pr and made his landing after marriage, but when asked the question about spouse, he answered no,
Not only a new problem, a huge problem for you and a potentially serious problem for him. As he was married when he landed and didn’t declare you or his status change, you are ineligible for spousal sponsorship. An application would be refused. The only option would be to appeal a rejection and that would take years and most likely be dismissed.
A more serious problem is your husbands misrepresentation on landing (declaring he is single when he isn’t). This can lead to a review of his status and revocation of his PR for fraud. It is quite likely that IRCC is reviewing that, which may be why the delay in your TRV application.

@Divya

Feb 13, 2018
It was a mistake. I really don’t know what is happening. Is there no way to revoke this? Maybe admit to the mistake committed?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The only real way to correct it is for your husband to give up his PR and reapply listing you as his spouse. There are many who make the same mistake and it may not be entirely clear to people landing, but there are several documents and instructions that clearly state that the applicants must inform IRCC of ANY changes in their status. And honestly speaking, everyone says it’s a mistake when they find out they aren’t eligible. Only other option would be to hope you win an appeal after your application is refused. Plan for about 2-3 years of seperation before you get the results of an appeal.

Reactions: bellaluna

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
That is another possibility, but family class isn’t available to you. Chances for a visa are also very low, as they will assume you intend to stay. The biggest issue will be if IRCC is now reviewing your husbands PR status. I’d suggest he talk to a lawyer, just in case.

Reactions: Bryanna