+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Brother relationship proof

Jillztom

Aug 11, 2014
Hi,

I'm a Permanent Resident in Canada and I'm inviting my brother to visit Canada. I'm trying to figure out a document to show as the proof of relationship. I was planning to provide my passport last page which contains my parent's name. But unfortunately, my mother's name is not complete (only Lucy instead of Lucy Thomas) and my brother has the full name in his passport (Lucy Thomas).

I've my marriage certificate which shows the full name of my mother as Lucy Thomas. I was wondering if it is possible to show my marriage certificate and my brother's last page of passport to show the parent's name are matching? Please advice. Thanks

essiralc14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Manitoba
Hi,

I'm a Permanent Resident in Canada and I'm inviting my brother to visit Canada. I'm trying to figure out a document to show as the proof of relationship. I was planning to provide my passport last page which contains my parent's name. But unfortunately, my mother's name is not complete (only Lucy instead of Lucy Thomas) and my brother has the full name in his passport (Lucy Thomas).

I've my marriage certificate which shows the full name of my mother as Lucy Thomas. I was wondering if it is possible to show my marriage certificate and my brother's last page of passport to show the parent's name are matching? Please advice. Thanks
I think you can show your birth certificates.

Goodluck!

1122khan11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
AOR Received.
no
IELTS Request
Sent original
File Transfer...
no
Med's Request
no
Med's Done....
no
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
no
LANDED..........
no
I'm trying to figure out a document to show as the proof of relationship.
Dear your brother is coming from which country? Just check out the Visa Guidelines for your region. At times it is mentioned in the guidelines the documents that are required.

For e.g in my case my wife is planning to visit her father in law in Canada. Im from Pakistan and in my case Family Registration Certificate (FRC) of Father in Law would be required, which is issued by Govt Dept. from their computerized record the same day (with a snap in it). In that FRC the details of the family members of my Father in Law and his all children are mentioned (including his wife) so its the best proof.

And for e.g the proof to show my wife and children, my FRC will show the names and details of my children and wife (along with their snaps)

Generally other source of showing the relationships are B-Form, Birth Certificate etc. Dont your country have any govt document that shows the children of your mother?

Pratyay909

Dec 8, 2023
Dear your brother is coming from which country? Just check out the Visa Guidelines for your region. At times it is mentioned in the guidelines the documents that are required.

For e.g in my case my wife is planning to visit her father in law in Canada. Im from Pakistan and in my case Family Registration Certificate (FRC) of Father in Law would be required, which is issued by Govt Dept. from their computerized record the same day (with a snap in it). In that FRC the details of the family members of my Father in Law and his all children are mentioned (including his wife) so its the best proof.

And for e.g the proof to show my wife and children, my FRC will show the names and details of my children and wife (along with their snaps)

Generally other source of showing the relationships are B-Form, Birth Certificate etc. Don't your country have any govt document that shows the children of your mother?
hello brother i am from india we don't have we need to show the same Family Registration Certificate (FRC) we don't have similar like back in india only family name in our ids like adhaar passport as my brother is in study visa studying in university of Alberta i have included his invitation letter with supporting document like birth certificate study visa passport his adhaar card house rent with utility bill and his bank statement maintain $1000 is enough to proof of brother relation

Last edited: