+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Applied - Biometric Complete - Awaiting

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
Hi Experts - I am waiting on my mother’s visitor visa.

Application submitted: Nov 06th 2020
Biometric Request : Feb 11th 2021
Biometric Complete: Feb 26th 2021
Email to IRCC for travel exemption for immediate family member of PR: April 8th 2021
(Auto reply received)
Current place of residence : United States.

No response since then .

CIC site is recently updated to submit a webform for travel exemption.
Shall I submit one?,
or the Email sent to IRCC is good?

Is anyone in the same situation.

Is there another way to expedite?

Hi , I'm in a similar boat . I applied my mother's TVR application from the US . She's an Indian passport holder and currently staying in US on B1/B2 visa. I'm a Permanent Resident in Canada for more than one and a half year now. Currently the processing time is showing 47 days(when applied from USA) and I've been waiting more than for 4 months now with no update.

Application submitted: January 1, 2021
Biometrics - January 13, 2021:Completed.

Below are the name of letters received :
Submission ConfirmationJanuary 29, 2021
Biometrics Collection LetterJanuary 3, 2021
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionJanuary 1, 2021

Could you let me know , how we can expedite the process ? Any pointer is appreciated . Thank you!

Reactions: Brozachs

dublin_gsw

Apr 21, 2021
Hi , I'm in a similar boat . I applied my mother's TVR application from the US . She's an Indian passport holder and currently staying in US on B1/B2 visa. I'm a Permanent Resident in Canada for more than one and a half year now. Currently the processing time is showing 47 days(when applied from USA) and I've been waiting more than for 4 months now with no update.

Application submitted: January 1, 2021
Biometrics - January 13, 2021:Completed.

Below are the name of letters received :
Submission ConfirmationJanuary 29, 2021
Biometrics Collection LetterJanuary 3, 2021
Confirmation of Online Application TransmissionJanuary 1, 2021

Could you let me know , how we can expedite the process ? Any pointer is appreciated . Thank you!
You need to Submit the online webform from CIC site , for expediting the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

State reason as reunification with immediate family member. You shall hear back in 3+ weeks post submission.

Separately, be ready to file for US visa extension. If planning to extend her stay. ( you need to file it 45 days ahead)

Will be happy to help with additional information as required.

yatinkapoor

Feb 12, 2021
My Visit visa application is in process. Got the bio-metrics request, but in India everything is closed. If I go to Dubai for the bio-metrics then is it possible that I can submit my passport for stamping there if I get a passport request.??

Ochenta8

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
15 -July-2020
Med's Done....
20-Sept-2020
I got my passport request today. Application submitted on May 09,2021 - got approval and passport request today. (biometric already done from previous application)

Reactions: kattarrina

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My Visit visa application is in process. Got the bio-metrics request, but in India everything is closed. If I go to Dubai for the bio-metrics then is it possible that I can submit my passport for stamping there if I get a passport request.??
Believe UAE is closed to people arriving from India. Your plan may require you to be in Dubai for 1-2 months or possibly even more when you can gl to UAE.

Aarti2301

Aug 30, 2019
I got my passport request today. Application submitted on May 09,2021 - got approval and passport request today. (biometric already done from previous application)
Hi, I also submitted my application on May 9th for visitor visa to meet my husband who is in Canada. It's been 2 years since I met him. I have already raised the webform. Is there anything more I can do. I am a PR applicant do my biometrics are already done. Do let me know if I can do anything more to expedite this process.

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
That's really fast!
Is it a special case?

Reactions: Winner Man

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
You need to Submit the online webform from CIC site , for expediting the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

State reason as reunification with immediate family member. You shall hear back in 3+ weeks post submission.

Separately, be ready to file for US visa extension. If planning to extend her stay. ( you need to file it 45 days ahead)

Will be happy to help with additional information as required.
Thank you so much for your reply.

I've submitted the information through web form and currently waiting for any response. But regarding the US visa extension - if you don't mind can you please elaborate about it. I'm finding it difficult to state the reason for her extended stay . Her 6 month legal stay as a visitor as going to be complete soon and with the ongoing pandemic situation and travel to India, I'd like her to be close to her immediate family members who are in USA(her son) and Canada (her daughter) .If you've any suggestions please let me know.