+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Applied - Biometric Complete - Awaiting

dublin_gsw

Apr 21, 2021
Hi Experts - I am waiting on my mother’s visitor visa.

Application submitted: Nov 06th 2020
Biometric Request : Feb 11th 2021
Biometric Complete: Feb 26th 2021
Email to IRCC for travel exemption for immediate family member of PR: April 8th 2021
(Auto reply received)
Current place of residence : United States.

No response since then .

CIC site is recently updated to submit a webform for travel exemption.
Shall I submit one?,
or the Email sent to IRCC is good?

Is anyone in the same situation.

Is there another way to expedite?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
I am in an almost similar situation. My understanding is that previous email should be good and IRCC is saying that they will respond in 14 business days, so I believe that you should get a decision on your application on or before April 29th, 2021.
I have submitted a webform on April 19th, 2021 and waiting. My 14 business day clock ends on May 7th, 2021.
Although this 14 business day timeline is not guaranteed, but IRCC is trying to honor it for most complete application.
Hope this helps !!
Good luck.

dublin_gsw

Apr 21, 2021
Thank you. Sure. I will continue waiting for the response of the email sent to IRCC earlier and submit the webform probably after 14 business days have passed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Experts - I am waiting on my mother’s visitor visa.

Application submitted: Nov 06th 2020
Biometric Request : Feb 11th 2021
Biometric Complete: Feb 26th 2021
Email to IRCC for travel exemption for immediate family member of PR: April 8th 2021
(Auto reply received)
Current place of residence : United States.

No response since then .

CIC site is recently updated to submit a webform for travel exemption.
Shall I submit one?,
or the Email sent to IRCC is good?

Is anyone in the same situation.

Is there another way to expedite?
They have replaced IMM0006 with a webform system which is what they are referring to. If you have filled that out then you wait

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
They have replaced IMM0006 with a webform system which is what they are referring to. If you have filled that out then you wait
They have not replaced IMM0006 (In case of extended family member) with anything. Person in Canada and applicant still have to sign the form including the notary and attach with the web form enquiry.
They just closed the email for expedite processing with the web form.

Reactions: sarvesh90

dublin_gsw

Apr 21, 2021
I have
Thanks for response. I have not filled IMM006. Instead, I have sent IRCC email on their covid exemption email address on April 8th - Which seems to be replaced by Webform for travel exemption. My question is weather to submit webform as well to be safe. Or just wait for the action on email sent earlier for 14 business days. Would submitting a webform cause confusion for them?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have

Thanks for response. I have not filled IMM006. Instead, I have sent IRCC email on their covid exemption email address on April 8th - Which seems to be replaced by Webform for travel exemption. My question is weather to submit webform as well to be safe. Or just wait for the action on email sent earlier for 14 business days. Would submitting a webform cause confusion for them?
Yiu should be filling out the webform for travel exemption

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Yiu should be filling out the webform for travel exemption
Hi guys so i applied supervisa for my parent in nov2020 and no update after that and also i haven’t send any exemption mail or web forum to cic so do you guys think should i send email to cic?
about imm006 forum isn’t it only for the extended family member?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys so i applied supervisa for my parent in nov2020 and no update after that and also i haven’t send any exemption mail or web forum to cic so do you guys think should i send email to cic?
about imm006 forum isn’t it only for the extended family member?
You should flag your parents as people who are travel exempt. Have they done their biometrics?

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
You should flag your parents as people who are travel exempt. Have they done their biometrics?
Yes my father’s biometric is already in system from previous refusal and mother still waiting for vfs to open but i applied supervisa separately for both of them

dublin_gsw

Apr 21, 2021
My fiancé received Passport request today.
We applied for TRV on March 17, 2021 and followed up with IRCC on April 19th, 2021.
Congratulations!!. I will submit the webform too. Can you provide details on the reason of visit in the webform? - Would reunification with the immediate family enough”?

Reactions: Winner Man