+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa application in Guatemala/Mexico taking longer than expected.

Maxelix

Dec 27, 2018
Hi!

I assisted my aunt and uncle to get visitor visas to come to Canada. My parents got them super fast, and the application took two weeks. For my uncle and aunt is going almost to 6 weeks without any answer. Do you know why might that be? We thought that by now, it should at least be rejected. The application has to go through the Mexico visa centre. Is there any way to check for the progress of the application with the IRCC?

Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is nothing compares:

Timelines for parents visitor visa from India (New Delhi office) - IRCC new portal
Application date - Dec 27, 2021
Biometrics - Jan 03, 2022
Multiple web forms raised, no response
Recieved passport submission email today - May 12

Goodluck everyone. Hope it's coming for you all soon too!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!

I assisted my aunt and uncle to get visitor visas to come to Canada. My parents got them super fast, and the application took two weeks. For my uncle and aunt is going almost to 6 weeks without any answer. Do you know why might that be? We thought that by now, it should at least be rejected. The application has to go through the Mexico visa centre. Is there any way to check for the progress of the application with the IRCC?

Thank you
This is relatively fast processing especially for the Mexico office which is notoriously slow. Un.was you are way out of normal processing not much you can do but wait. Ordering something g like GCMS notes is currently taking months and won’t provide much information unless you get refused.