+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Affidavit

RBaggio

Sep 25, 2014
Hi i have a question regarding my application for temporary resident visa.

I live in Monterrey Mexico and i'm applying for a temporary resident visa.
I will like to ask if a sworn affidavit of support from my parents claiming my connections to my home country (Mexico); signed by a notary public ; will be consider by the officer as a legitimate document in my tourist application? And if so what format would be the best?

Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
RBaggio said:
Hi i have a question regarding my application for temporary resident visa.

I live in Monterrey Mexico and i'm applying for a temporary resident visa.
I will like to ask if a sworn affidavit of support from my parents claiming my connections to my home country (Mexico); signed by a notary public ; will be consider by the officer as a legitimate document in my tourist application? And if so what format would be the best?

Thanks
Are you a minor? What connections are they going to claim? Why would you think notarization is a good idea? What is the purpose of this document?

RBaggio

Sep 25, 2014
1. I'm 26, i guess i'm not. But i live with them and i'm a sole provider.
2. The sharing of their properties and assets.
3. Because he is going to certify that its true? That's why i'm asking.

I have already enclosed a detailed employment letter and my payslips, my bank statements and my church letter that details my duties with the organization.
But i will like to provide more evidence, i don't know if its a good idea or not.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
RBaggio said:
1. I'm 26, i guess i'm not. But i live with them and i'm a sole provider.
Sadly then your parents can't really help you in this matter. CIC is interested in what is yours, anything else is not relevant.

RBaggio said:
2. The sharing of their properties and assets.
Sharing of what sort? I would guess it is just a typical family that share the same roof. If you want to play the "dependants" card you need to show proof that indeed either your parents or you are dependants. This is a whole other bunch of documents that I don't think is what you are thinking of.

RBaggio said:
3. Because he is going to certify that its true? That's why i'm asking.
Nope. A notarization is for the purpouses of assesing that whomever wrote something is indeed who he claims to be. For example, I can write down that in Mexico 99% of the people speak Japanese and get it notarized. Why? because the notary will give faith that I Jalex, from Canadavisa said it. If what I said is true or not is irrelevant.

RBaggio said:
I have already enclosed a detailed employment letter and my payslips, my bank statements and my church letter that details my duties with the organization.
I think this is good enough. If any you should make sure these documents are even more solid.

Be sure to add to the employment letter a "leave letter" which specifies when you are starting vacations and when you are expected to comeback. Also add from your church that you are a beloved fellow member because of your commitment shown by past activities over the years. Also all these documents should be in English (these in fact should be a notarized translation).

RBaggio

Sep 25, 2014
Appreciate that VERY helpful answer Jalex.

Just one last question, i've had 2 visa refusals before i believe the last one was because of an error i had in answering a "yes" question like a "no"(especifically where it asks if i had ever been refused any kind of visa).
They said -i am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully...

So in this next one i will like to provide a letter to explain my visa refusal reason with dates etc. Will you suggest in doing so?

Again appreciate your attention.
Thanks alot

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
RBaggio said:
Appreciate that VERY helpful answer Jalex.

Just one last question, i've had 2 visa refusals before i believe the last one was because of an error i had in answering a "yes" question like a "no"(especifically where it asks if i had ever been refused any kind of visa).
They said -i am not satisfied that you have answered truthfully...

So in this next one i will like to provide a letter to explain my visa refusal reason with dates etc. Will you suggest in doing so?

Again appreciate your attention.
Thanks alot
You can add some argumentation to your letter of explanation.

Usually when people "forget to mention" visa refusals, as long as they are completely honest in the next application, everything is understood as an honest mistake.

My suggestion is that unless you have something relevant to add, don't volunteer information. Be honest and don't try to hide information but don't ever write down more than what you are asked. More information leads to more questions and more questions increase the chance of refusal.

Also be super sure to tackle the reasons for refusal in past visa applications, two refusals is a turning point. A third application is a red flag that you are trying too hard to go to Canada so make sure you provide solid documentation and be honest when answering the questions.

Good luck.