+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record

ID2022

Dec 6, 2022
I wrote a letter explaining the reason (she is waiting for her PR sponsorship application and some personal reason as well). Documents I provided are:
my PR card copy
address proof,
paystubs
employment letter
Bank statements (showed 10K CAD)
and her details
As she already did her medicals , her extension approved for one year

Hope it helps
Thank you for you information I appreciate it :) Wish you all the best

Aty1973

Jan 28, 2023
Hello. I have been in Canada with my family for 4 months since the last visit last year. We are visiting to student son here.My daughter is studying at a private elementary school without a study permit. I also took language courses at the college. There are letters about the enrollment. I want to apply for a visa extension (visitor record) for myself and my daughter. How is it better to justify the purpose - a family visit or study? In the summer I also visited my son for about 3 months, but then I left for 1 month and returned in the fall.
Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello. I have been in Canada with my family for 4 months since the last visit last year. We are visiting to student son here.My daughter is studying at a private elementary school without a study permit. I also took language courses at the college. There are letters about the enrollment. I want to apply for a visa extension (visitor record) for myself and my daughter. How is it better to justify the purpose - a family visit or study? In the summer I also visited my son for about 3 months, but then I left for 1 month and returned in the fall.
Thank you.
This is a messy situation. Unless I'm missing something, by the rules, your daughter needs to have a study permit.

Aty1973

Jan 28, 2023
I understand this, but she will study for less than 6 months, and she is 8 years old.
Is this a good reason why I want to stay longer with my children while they are studying here, especially with minor? As fare I understand that the purpose of the extension should still be a family visit?

Souviksen007

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello, need a suggestion. My Mother is currently in Canada and I am submitting a visitor record to extend her stay in Canada. In document checklist she has to upload 'Proof of Means of Financial Support '. Can I attach a letter that I will sponsor her stay or did she need her own bank balance and funds?

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hello, need a suggestion. My Mother is currently in Canada and I am submitting a visitor record to extend her stay in Canada. In document checklist she has to upload 'Proof of Means of Financial Support '. Can I attach a letter that I will sponsor her stay or did she need her own bank balance and funds?
Did you get answer and what did you do?