+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record

EmmaMov

Sep 18, 2022
Hi team members. Can anyone please help me with the disruption below?
We applied for my moms visitor record, but still no answer. We applied in March 2022, as she had Covid and she was not able to board a flight. Now she must leave as she needs medical examination as her health situation worsened after Covid. The question is what will happened if she leaves Canada without visitor record and them will decide to return back? She has a visa till 2026. Thanks to everyone who will reply!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi team members. Can anyone please help me with the disruption below?
We applied for my moms visitor record, but still no answer. We applied in March 2022, as she had Covid and she was not able to board a flight. Now she must leave as she needs medical examination as her health situation worsened after Covid. The question is what will happened if she leaves Canada without visitor record and them will decide to return back? She has a visa till 2026. Thanks to everyone who will reply!!
She can leave Canada. There are no issues doing that. She may be asked to complete a medical and should so that even if she is outside of Canada when she is asked.

Reactions: EmmaMov

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The extension process will stop when she leaves Canada. She doesn't need to have the visitor record in order to leave. She will loose her implied status once she leaves. Expect a request for a medical at some point in time if she's been here longer than 6 months. It's advisable to have the medical done even if she is in her home country.

Reactions: EmmaMov

EmmaMov

Sep 18, 2022
She can leave Canada. There are no issues doing that. She may be asked to complete a medical and should so that even if she is outside of Canada when she is asked.
The extension process will stop when she leaves Canada. She doesn't need to have the visitor record in order to leave. She will loose her implied status once she leaves. Expect a request for a medical at some point in time if she's been here longer than 6 months. It's advisable to have the medical done even if she is in her home country.
Hi. The medical was done at a time we applied. The question is, will they allow her to enter Canada if she doesn’t have the visitor record? Will they be any issues? Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. The medical was done at a time we applied. The question is, will they allow her to enter Canada if she doesn’t have the visitor record? Will they be any issues? Thanks.
The visitor record is only good for remaining in Canada. It does not allow her to leave and reenter Canada. When she reenters Canada, she will be doing that on the basis of her TRV.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
once she leaves you should advise IRCC. You may be able to avoid paying for a medical but at least you will stop unnecessary processing. Since she did take advantage of extra time in Canada on implied status if asked to complete another medical it is required. If a medical is requested and she doesn’t complete it, it could be problematic going forward. Getting asked to complete a medical when you have already left Canada is a strange concept but due to backlogs it happens quite a lot.

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
hi guys... my wife visitor visa is expiring in 2 months and her PR sponsorship application(outland) is in process. We are thinking to apply for Visitor visa extension. If we apply for extension, can she stay in Canada until she gets reply ?

shabee

Dec 28, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-03-2022
AOR Received.
20-07-2022
Med's Request
02-08-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
hi guys... my wife visitor visa is expiring in 2 months and her PR sponsorship application(outland) is in process. We are thinking to apply for Visitor visa extension. If we apply for extension, can she stay in Canada until she gets reply ?
Hi Tammu,

Did she have visitor visa before you applied for PR application? Or did she get the visitor visa after you applied for PR?
How long was she granted to stay when she first came to Canada with visitor visa? was it 6 months?

If you apply to extend your wife's stay in Canada before the date she is supposed to leave, your wife can legally stay in Canada until a decision is made on her application. In this situation, she has maintained her status.

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
Hi Tammu,

Did she have visitor visa before you applied for PR application? Or did she get the visitor visa after you applied for PR?
How long was she granted to stay when she first came to Canada with visitor visa? was it 6 months?

If you apply to extend your wife's stay in Canada before the date she is supposed to leave, your wife can legally stay in Canada until a decision is made on her application. In this situation, she has maintained her status.

She has visitor visa before applying PR. she can stay in Canada for 6 months(due for Feb). As we are waiting for Sponsorship application response, we are thinking to extend her stay . if we get her PR while she is in Canada, no need to go back to home country right?

shabee

Dec 28, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-03-2022
AOR Received.
20-07-2022
Med's Request
02-08-2022
Med's Done....
08-08-2022
She has visitor visa before applying PR. she can stay in Canada for 6 months(due for Feb). As we are waiting for Sponsorship application response, we are thinking to extend her stay . if we get her PR while she is in Canada, no need to go back to home country right?
you can definitely apply for her extension and she can stay here while a decision is pending by immigration.
i believe IRCC sends you invite to a portal for 'virtual landing' and she needs to meet with an immigration officer in Canada to receive COPR. I don't believe she needs to go back to home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Make sure to specify that she wants the extension because she is waiting for her family sponsorship application to be approved.

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
Make sure to specify that she wants the extension because she is waiting for her family sponsorship application to be approved.
I am applying Visitor visa extension for my Wife who is currently staying with me in Canada.
In Immigration form what should i enter in funds available if I am paying for my Spouse Visitor Visa Extension? Is it my account balance or her account balance? Anyway, i am selecting "Other" for "My Expenses in Canada will be paid by" question.

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
I am applying Visitor visa extension for my Wife who is currently staying with me in Canada.
In Immigration form what should i enter in funds available if I am paying for my Spouse Visitor Visa Extension? Is it my account balance or her account balance? Anyway, i am selecting "Other" for "My Expenses in Canada will be paid by" question.
A quick update, My wife's visitor record is approved. I can see the visitor record document number in IRCC account. do we receive any document to our address or do we need to docwnload the document from somewhere? I am not able to see anything to download from IRCC account. Anyone has idea on this?

ID2022

Dec 6, 2022
A quick update, My wife's visitor record is approved. I can see the visitor record document number in IRCC account. do we receive any document to our address or do we need to docwnload the document from somewhere? I am not able to see anything to download from IRCC account. Anyone has idea on this?
Congrats for the approval.
I wanted to ask you if you wrote a letter and what did you add for additional document, I am in the same situation but a little confuse.
Thank you

Tammu

Mar 9, 2020
Congrats for the approval.
I wanted to ask you if you wrote a letter and what did you add for additional document, I am in the same situation but a little confuse.
Thank you
I wrote a letter explaining the reason (she is waiting for her PR sponsorship application and some personal reason as well). Documents I provided are:
my PR card copy
address proof,
paystubs
employment letter
Bank statements (showed 10K CAD)
and her details
As she already did her medicals , her extension approved for one year

Hope it helps