canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Flagpole Update:

We went to the Rainbow Bridge border on Thursday but could not flagpole as the process was closed currently and were advised to return at 8pm. We waited and tried again at 8pm but by then the process was closed for the day.

I guess 8am early morning is the best option. Is it required for my spouse to be present with me? She will not be able to book another day off next week. Can I flagpole alone with all the required documents? Please advise, thanks.
She doesn't need to be there.

skaur78620

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
You need to fill the form otherwise you might have to come back..

Hi Guys,

I'm in the same situation. My TRV has expired since Feb 26, just got my status restored as Visitor today. They have issued a visitor record valid for 6 months. My employer has got positive LMIA but after 90 days deadline of TRV expiration.(Thats why I had to restore my status as a visitor)

So now question is
Can I got to border and apply for the LMIA based Work Permit?
As I'm from Visitor visa required country, will I be able to re-enter to canada after flogpole at the border?

Please guys, I need your advice on this, have been so stressed out since last few months.

Thanks a lot in advance, looking forward for your replies!!!!!!

Prateek1193

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Hi Guys,

I'm in the same situation. My TRV has expired since Feb 26, just got my status restored as Visitor today. They have issued a visitor record valid for 6 months. My employer has got positive LMIA but after 90 days deadline of TRV expiration.(Thats why I had to restore my status as a visitor)
You can renter canada if you plan to flagpole. I did it with a visitor record for my SOWP.

So now question is
Can I got to border and apply for the LMIA based Work Permit?
As I'm from Visitor visa required country, will I be able to re-enter to canada after flogpole at the border?

Please guys, I need your advice on this, have been so stressed out since last few months.

Thanks a lot in advance, looking forward for your replies!!!!!!

Enzoraine

Jul 13, 2017
Thanks for replying. I am not from a Visa exempt country. I do need a TRV.
I agree that on a visitor permit I should be able to re enter Canada.
Also, inspite of not being from a visa exempt country I could get my work permit last time. Hopefully I do not face issues this time.
My employer is concerned that they may not allow me to re enter canada as my TRV has expired.
Hello meg, did you able to get your work permit at the border only with your VISITOR PERMIT/Record but not with TRV?

Prateek1193

Star Member
Jun 15, 2014
Quick question, which border did you flagpole at? Thanks

Meg106 - I am in the same situation too. Which border did you flagpole at?
Rainbow bridge, I got in on my 4th try. Plan to be at the border by 7:45am. They only take the first 10-15 people for the whole day.

Reactions: kiko_22

simar4211

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Rainbow bridge, I got in on my 4th try. Plan to be at the border by 7:45am. They only take the first 10-15 people for the whole day.
I was student now applied for vistor record then i will go to border for owp as my wife is international student, i hope my vistor record approves