+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor record extension

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hi Good Day!

I hope someone can help me here.

I was answering the eligibility to apply for an extension of my Tourist visitor visa and I need help if my answer is correct. I just submitted my Inland Spousal Visa Application along with my Open work Permit.

First, I am confused if I should choose VISIT or work or Move there for this question- What would you like to do in Canada?

Second, is about this question-Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?
Before I came to Canada in September 2020, I stayed in the Philippines for more than two years so I am required to do the medical exam but the option is Manila Clinic. I am here in Canada already.

Thank you in advance!

pinkheart

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Guys.. I have a questiom here, and hoping for a response.
so here’s the thing:
I applied for a visitor record for my father in law who came here last OCt 2020. I submitted the application last Jan(his 3rd month of stay);
We requested for extension until Oct.2021.
I got a response recently(June 8) saying application has been approved and requesting medical. When I check the validity of the document, it says Validity: July 10 2021 -2021/07/10

— I received the approval for an extension for exactly 30 days from today.
—-Question: After doing medical exam, Can we re-apply for another extension just before the expiry/validity of the document?
Question 2: If I submitted a new extension before expiry, will it still give him Implied Status—that he Can LeGaLLy Stay?

Thank you very much in advance!
hoping for a response!

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Hi Guys.. I have a questiom here, and hoping for a response.
so here’s the thing:
I applied for a visitor record for my father in law who came here last OCt 2020. I submitted the application last Jan(his 3rd month of stay);
We requested for extension until Oct.2021.
I got a response recently(June 8) saying application has been approved and requesting medical. When I check the validity of the document, it says Validity: July 10 2021 -2021/07/10

— I received the approval for an extension for exactly 30 days from today.
—-Question: After doing medical exam, Can we re-apply for another extension just before the expiry/validity of the document?
Question 2: If I submitted a new extension before expiry, will it still give him Implied Status—that he Can LeGaLLy Stay?

Thank you very much in advance!
hoping for a response!
Just check the end date again is it 10th Jul or 7th Oct. Usually they grant extension until the requested date. in either case you can submit another extension before expiry and that will give him the implied status till the next decision.

pinkheart

Aug 7, 2013
Just check the end date again is it 10th Jul or 7th Oct. Usually they grant extension until the requested date. in either case you can submit another extension before expiry and that will give him the implied status till the next decision.
Thank you for the reply.. Yeah that’s why I was wondering, they approved it, but only 1month extension. It says Validity:
2021/07/10—- this mean July right? not October for their date and month format

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Thank you for the reply.. Yeah that’s why I was wondering, they approved it, but only 1month extension. It says Validity:
2021/07/10—- this mean July right? not October for their date and month format
Yes, I checked, it's yyyy/mm/dd. So submit another extension just before the expiry..

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hey guys, hope y'all doing well!

I need some advice about my applications.

I applied for a visitor record on February 21,2021 and I just checked that the processing time is 164 days. It's been 122 days now since I submitted my application online. my question is, Should I call IRCC about my application status ? or Should I send Webform about my status before the processing time lapsed? if you do have an idea of what should I do please do share. I am feeling nervous because I do not want to overstay in the country.

Just to let you know also, I applied for my Inland PR application and work permit on January 24, 2021. Received a Temporary acknowledgment of Receipt in February and no more updates after that.

I really need help with this and it really caused so much stress already on my part. I know I am not alone in this situation but your advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, hope y'all doing well!

I need some advice about my applications.

I applied for a visitor record on February 21,2021 and I just checked that the processing time is 164 days. It's been 122 days now since I submitted my application online. my question is, Should I call IRCC about my application status ? or Should I send Webform about my status before the processing time lapsed? if you do have an idea of what should I do please do share. I am feeling nervous because I do not want to overstay in the country.

Just to let you know also, I applied for my Inland PR application and work permit on January 24, 2021. Received a Temporary acknowledgment of Receipt in February and no more updates after that.

I really need help with this and it really caused so much stress already on my part. I know I am not alone in this situation but your advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much!
Processing times are an estimate. Seen many people wait over 6 months. No need to contact anyone.