Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Hope you all are doing well.

I have applied for Visitor visa extension of my parents. They have multiple entry visitor visa that expires in 2023. They arrived in Canada in Dec-2020. I applied for extension in June-2021. (15 days before 6 months)

The problem is: I only applied for 1 month. Now, my parents want to stay longer. Considering the application processing is taking longer than 6 months, Can I raise a web form requesting a change in extension requirement? Will they have to leave at the end of July? (i.e. the requested extension date)

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
You don't have to do anything.. They can stay until the decision is made on the extension application..

Tapan_1988

Aug 16, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Thanks.
My concern is: as they have applied for only 1 month extension, whenever they will receive decision(considering they get approval), it would be applicable from the day their 6 months got over (i.e. till July 2021)

Considering, they will be receiving a decision after July 2021, Wouldn't that decision will be as good as the rejection? (i.e. they would have already exhausted/used the extension period by living in Canada).

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
I don't think it would be back dated anytime. In the worst case it would be month end or +1 month when you get the approval.

Smurf_Gimli

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Hello, Good day!

I got my Visitor Record yesterday but there's an error in my Family Name. They put my Middle name (Quinones) instead of my Surname now (Fraser).
I double-checked the Form that I submitted online just to make sure I did not make a mistake. My Full Name in my Application is matched with my passport.

Did anyone here encounter this kind of error in your Visitor Record Document? I need some help with how to inform IRCC about this. Tried to call but I can't get a hold of any Agent.

Thank you so much and please feel free to advise me. Your help is highly appreciated.

Keep safe!

Szak3213

Feb 3, 2019
Hi Guys.. I have a questiom here, and hoping for a response.
so here’s the thing:
I applied for a visitor record for my father in law who came here last OCt 2020. I submitted the application last Jan(his 3rd month of stay);
We requested for extension until Oct.2021.
I got a response recently(June 8) saying application has been approved and requesting medical. When I check the validity of the document, it says Validity: July 10 2021 -2021/07/10

— I received the approval for an extension for exactly 30 days from today.
—-Question: After doing medical exam, Can we re-apply for another extension just before the expiry/validity of the document?
Question 2: If I submitted a new extension before expiry, will it still give him Implied Status—that he Can LeGaLLy Stay?

Thank you very much in advance!
hoping for a response!
Hi , I am in same situation, my parents have visitors visa valid till 2025. Before 6 months i applied for extension for another 6 months and got medical request to do medical in one month and also received visitor record for one month only. deadline for medical and visitors record was the same.

Now i am confused why they issued extension for 1 month. what should i do now.
Please help me.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi , I am in same situation, my parents have visitors visa valid till 2025. Before 6 months i applied for extension for another 6 months and got medical request to do medical in one month and also received visitor record for one month only. deadline for medical and visitors record was the same.

Now i am confused why they issued extension for 1 month. what should i do now.
Please help me.
1. CIC told you, they need medicals, once they have done the medicals, they apply for an extension for the additional 5 months. No medical, no further extension.

shahnaf

Mar 6, 2015
My parents came to Canada on supervisa and got 2 year entry. Due to COVID we applied for an visitor record extension and got 1 year extension. which is valid until June 2022. Super visa is valid for another 4 years
Does anyone know if is it possible to get yet another extension?
Or can they go to the US or any other country for a week and come back to get another 2 year entry?
Or they have to go back to the home country for certain amount of time before they can come back to Canada?